Quantcast
anyone own a roland ax-09 lucina? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anyone own a roland ax-09 lucina?
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
anyone own a roland ax-09 lucina?

if you own an ax-09 what do you think about it? what are the pros and cons? ive seen youtube reviews from companies but i want to hear from a slut not someone that wants to sell me one
Old 16th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
no one?
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
i cant believe no one owns an ax-09 lucina!
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Roland should have made a keyboard only Keytar update.
Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarekroh ➑️
i cant believe no one owns an ax-09 lucina!
I can
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I had one, sold it pretty quickly. Used it as a controller for a while, the internal sounds are awful.
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
that sucks! i figured roland would fill it with nice sounds.. considering they make the juno which is nice
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well there are plenty of typical Roland ROMpler sounds in there which sound decent I guess, but they're not tweakable and you can't create patches, which made it useless as anything other than a controller to me.
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think these things are overpriced. Well, the Lucina maybe not so much and its a nifty controller if you want a keytar.

But there are vintage things around which probably serve the purpose better.

For example, if you're just after a controller, there are things like this.... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CASIO-AZ-...ht_6952wt_1344

And this...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-Sh...item23224b864a

(etc, etc)
Old 19th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Only just seen this thread. Bought one a few months back, and its confused and mesmerized gig audiences ever since! I think its a wicked little instrument. The internal sounds are basic, pretty good if your only "filling the gaps", but all the "classic" sounds are there.

Giving mine a paint job, gonna make it a lovely Chameleon Purple to match my guitar and feed my Purple Fetish!!! Just need to know whether its possible to separate the body and insides and actually reapply the electronics after spraying!!

If you like the feel and look then just use the midi out and control something else. Alternatively Alesis have brought out a usb/midi Keytar controller with Guitar hero esque modulation capabilities. But I like the internal sounds so its all good :D :D :D

Also it doesn't look quite as "overpowering" as the AX-Synth!
Old 1st April 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVH11 ➑️
Only just seen this thread. Bought one a few months back, and its confused and mesmerized gig audiences ever since! I think its a wicked little instrument. The internal sounds are basic, pretty good if your only "filling the gaps", but all the "classic" sounds are there.

Giving mine a paint job, gonna make it a lovely Chameleon Purple to match my guitar and feed my Purple Fetish!!! Just need to know whether its possible to separate the body and insides and actually reapply the electronics after spraying!!

If you like the feel and look then just use the midi out and control something else. Alternatively Alesis have brought out a usb/midi Keytar controller with Guitar hero esque modulation capabilities. But I like the internal sounds so its all good :D :D :D

Also it doesn't look quite as "overpowering" as the AX-Synth!
I know this is a very old thread, but if u want to repair or paint ur Lucina I found this site!

https://branchonmaybe.wordpress.com/...lucina-keytar/
Old 1st April 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
How cool would it be if Roland made a System 1 Lucina? You could put the SH-101 plugout in it, and use the grip functions! Plus, who doesn't love a keytar with a proper synth engine in it? I was sorely by Korg's new one.
Old 1st April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Rancher ➑️
who doesn't love a keytar with a proper synth engine in it?
That would be me... total waste of a synth engine
Old 10th May 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I own both an ax-09 and and axe Synth. I love them both. They both have great sounds and some are different. The 09 has better organ, accordion, sounds. I think there are some hokey sounds you can do without like the trombone but most are useful. Not as many pads as I would like. Compared to the Axe synth. Both share excellent guitar, base, pianos and scat voice sounds. I love the play along features such as sound input mini jack and usb port on the 09. I wish the 09 was an inch shorter to fit in a standard suitcase for travel. The Axe synth has far better violin and awesome cello sounds. It also has About 100 more sounds overall and of course more octaves to play so you can use two hands at times to cover more territory . When I play out front I usually will use the axe synth. I have been using my 09 as the top rack keyboard for special sounds in the bands. I usually use a Yamaha MOX 88 as my main keyboard. The 09 is also so light it is portable with a battery powered amp like my Roland KC 110 for personal fun . Then you can play along with the USB feature or iPod minijack input. But Nothing beats a keytar out front on stage. There are very little down sides for both 09 and the axe Synth.
πŸ“ Reply