Quantcast
I love my Prophet - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I love my Prophet
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I love my Prophet

.....and anyone who disses it should be beheaded.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
has anyone ever dissed it? congrats to u owner!
Old 15th September 2012
Deleted 60622ed
I dissed it in another thread :(
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Mohammed?
Old 15th September 2012
Deleted 60622ed
Right, who threw that?
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthesizerPatel ➑️
.....and anyone who disses it should be beheaded.
Which prophet are we talking about??
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➑️
Right, who threw that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odey ➑️
Which prophet are we talking about??
My one!
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't love your Prophet.

Quite fond of mine though!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

My one!
I'm pretty sure my prophet is better than yours. Just saying...
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like the Arturia ProphetV more cause it works. Haha just kidding! Actually it is one of my fav plugs as, IMO, Arturia did a great job in getting it to sound the most like a real Prophet. Getting back to the real Prophet, I don't have a Prophet 5 but have always wanted one. I do own a Prophet 600 that I had overhauled last year. It cost me almost $300 for the work I had done and worth every penny. My Nordlead2 has a bank where all the original Prophet 5sounds are recreated, it's permenantly embeded in it's memory. How is that for tribute?
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Anyone who publishes a picture of my darling prophet with its top off will be in breach of privacy laws - and sued.

double topical pun
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popbott ➑️
I like the Arturia ProphetV more cause it works. Haha just kidding! Actually it is one of my fav plugs as, IMO, Arturia did a great job in getting it to sound the most like a real Prophet. Getting back to the real Prophet, I don't have a Prophet 5 but have always wanted one. I do own a Prophet 600 that I had overhauled last year. It cost me almost $300 for the work I had done and worth every penny. My Nordlead2 has a bank where all the original Prophet 5sounds are recreated, it's permenantly embeded in it's memory. How is that for tribute?
talking of Prophet I was pretty impressed by this Nord Lead vs Prophet example...

Green Box: Clavia, Nordlead - Vintage Synths - AMAZONA.de

amazona do really excellent reviews...
Old 15th September 2012
Deleted User
I guess you're talking about the Analog Prophet? I appreciate that, but sorry, I love my wife.
Old 16th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Funny this thread came up,

Sadly recently my gran passed away and left me some money in her will (Β£1000) I was going to use it to clear all of my debts but my Mum said I should get something to remember her by! So, I think I'm going to get a prophet 08! I currently have a Voyager, Slim Phatty, and Virus Polar TI2, so I'm thinking this might be a good idea.

Only think I'm worried about is whether it's necessary considering I have the Virus, obviously they are different beasts, and I'm sure you'll all say that the prophet is larger sounding, more organic insert cliche here etc. But the virus can sound pretty big and I'm just thinking if there maybe something else that would better it.

After this synth purchase I'm pretty much going to end it. I don't really want any more analogue synths, as I feel I've got quite a lot of bases covered with my current set up. My next investment in some time is going to be building my own modular euro rack. Can't wait for that.

Anyway, would be pleased to hear what you all think.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years

Oh no, someone drew a picture of the Prophet!!!!

Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiomood ➑️

Sadly recently my gran passed away and left me some money in her will (Β£1000) I was going to use it to clear all of my debts but my Mum said I should get something to remember her by! So, I think I'm going to get a prophet 08! I currently have a Voyager, Slim Phatty, and Virus Polar TI2, so I'm thinking this might be a good idea.

Only think I'm worried about is whether it's necessary considering I have the Virus, obviously they are different beasts, and I'm sure you'll all say that the prophet is larger sounding, more organic insert cliche here etc. But the virus can sound pretty big and I'm just thinking if there maybe something else that would better it.

After this synth purchase I'm pretty much going to end it. I don't really want any more analogue synths, as I feel I've got quite a lot of bases covered with my current set up. My next investment in some time is going to be building my own modular euro rack. Can't wait for that.

Well, with a grand, I'm assuming you'd be getting a rack not a KB, either way, I think it'll fit right into your current setup.
The more I use mine, the more I think this thing IS destined to be a future classic, so, yeah, I'd say that's a good use of an inheritance.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the donal ➑️
I don't love your Prophet.

Quite fond of mine though!

Perfidious infidel! There IS only one! And it's mine!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Perfidious infidel! There IS only one! And it's mine!

No, my Prophet VS your Prophet.
Deleted 60622ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiomood ➑️

Sorry for your loss

I have both, obviously they are very different but Id be more than struggling to replicate the prophet in the virus

I also have the slim phatty and a couple of others...i feel those three really cover everything i need, by a long way
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Prophet ➑️
I guess you're talking about the Analog Prophet? I appreciate that, but sorry, I love my wife.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Perfidious
good word.
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mr Patel,
Where you been on GS, mate? Thanx for the tunes the other day!
Many of us here love Prophets of all types. Me it's the 08. Never seen or played any other. That's fine for now!
Old 16th September 2012
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
sorry I can't participate in this thread, guys.

I am busy today.

I gotta burn an Embassy or two: somebody posted this video on youtube,

which pretends my prophet is to be used for [gender slur removed here] trance music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=senhvxSN3PU

and I feel very oppressed, insulted, colonized and whatever...
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I LOVE that video! Especially the first few minutes. I'm not at all a trance guy either.
Shows the P08 can do almost any style of music very well.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Prophet ➑️
:D It has a similar price with your Voyager though...
ozy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 ➑️
Shows the P08 can do almost any style of music very well.
This is another way of putting it, yes...

"The prophet is so good, you can EVEN play trance with it, and you will still sound almost human nonetheless".

πŸ“ Reply