Quantcast
Advice needed for first analog synth sub$1300 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Advice needed for first analog synth sub$1300
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i'd still go modular. you can get a happy ending case for 150, and a doepfer a1115 for $500, which has a VCO, VCF, VCA, ADSR, 2 LFOs.. and still have $600+ left for more modules or whatever. you could even buy a minibrute and control the modular with it, with the cash left over.

Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
agh when i see the $1300 figure it looks so familiar - i remember how for yrs n yrs you could easily buy a Jupiter 6 for that..its was a rather steady going price.. and then.. no more. gone forever to the skies.

so, at the current prices, i would think of one of these:

MKS70 plus PG800 (you are left w enough for a sml VCO mono to compliment )

plus: warm sound, beautiful pads/strings/brass, nice chorus,
great sync sound, hands on with PG800, velocity/after touch
layer two sounds for four oscillators

minus: too slow envelopes for bass and sequence sounds or stab/comp stuff
too weak filter to get you classic meat n potatoes sounds Roland SH and JP series made famous (i.e. its not of BA662/IR3109 heritage)
DCOs: digital controlled oscillators as such always brings something to the sound that lacks organic motion and liveliness of a VCO, but is somewhat helped with chorus and especially with layering.. its a special sound.

Chroma Polaris

it often gets recommended in this price range, yet after finally spending some time with it, i was a little bit disapointed. its big sound for sure, agressive cutting resonance and little bit fuzzy/glassy oscillators like ones in Xpander.

however, i find something like Prophet 600 much much closer to famous polyphonics of early 80s in character.

then, something in Polaris makes getting trademark poly sounds a hit n miss. it lacks flexibility in some important areas, whilst providing it in some other imo less important areas (you can revers the keyboard, but no polymod ) . then, envelope shape isnt the best expo like on 3310, and the filter has no middle ground.. from no resonance goes balistic rather quickly to self oscillation (compared to p5/600, obxa/ob variety). on the plus side it has velocity and its much faster than P600.

Prophet 600

pros: famous early Curtis VCO sound (i.e. 3340) for little money
polymod section true vco fm filter fm
fantastic filter (same chip as in polaris, but tweaked slightly differently)

cons: slow update of panel ie underpowered CPU so changing panel
whilst playing jumps values (works better via midi)
slow envelopes. not as slow as MKS70 but still
no noise generator

P8 desktop

its a DCO, faster envs than MKS70 and P600 but not as nice sounding
has filter fm, and 2pole/4pole CEMish filter, different and perhaps
overall more usable than one in MKS70. yet completely trumped
by CEM3372 in P600/Polaris.
no fm among oscillators
velocity
its brand new w warranty
no program select buttons.. it annoyed the hell outta me.

if it were me id probably opt for P600 or Polaris in this range. eedit: or save up for OB-8 etc
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Oberheim matrix 6 would be perfect I'm thinking less the rough interface. Maybe the 1000 if you don't mimd using pc editor like few others mention

Sent from my PG06100
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
My vote is for the P08 as well. Specially the sequencer is a lot of fun.
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Saw your post earlier but I've been so busy editing TV shows that i couldn't reply in full.

I am totally with you on our sentiments. I also edit tv all day. And its tough to also fulfill your music quota on top. Music is creatively challenging but it doesn't tap your senses like video does. And video editing is a creative job but also very demanding.

I have been successfully producing music alongside my day job for a few years. One of the best things I did was buy some analogue synths.

Yes it's about hands on control but it's also about the sound!

I agree that a matrix 1000 or matrix 6 ( Which I own by the way ) are cheap good analogue synths. I never use them. Specifically because they are not hands on.

If you want a poly synth I would save up for a really good poly synth. You already have $1300. If you hit the $2000 mark them maybe you can enter into the real analogue poly's. Personally I fell in love with the prophet 5.
From the day that thing entered my life I have had nothing but amazing sounds that I could only dream of.. it's that good.

Although it's a complicated synth. The andromeda A6 can still be found for reasonable money. Not cheap but reasonable.

Oberheim expander is probably the best/cheapest poly on the market.

Juno's were fun when they were cheap. I bought a juno 6 for Β£200 in 2010. Its a fun synth but it is not worth the Β£600 it is now. It's sooo limited. Great sound but a complete one trick pony.

Don't be put off by a Mono synth. If you get a 2 oscillator mono then the harmonies are so rich that you might as well be playing chords.

If your music consists of lots of other instruments then a mono is probably the way to go.

For me I use mono's in my music way more than I do poly's.

An analogue mono synth of the moog, SEM variety is about as much synth as you could ever wish for.

Anyway.. good luck in your search.

My vote is for a a modern analogue mono like the DSI stuff or modern moog or SE stuff. It will give you deep basslines, great leads, great fx, hands on control and lots and lots of fun.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
The best sounding analog in that price range is easily the Juno 60. If you buy one and then send 180$ to Laszlo for his Minerva mod it will have the MIDI spec equal to modern gear, with the build quality, sound, and direct interface of vintage.

It has the punchy ass envelopes of a good mono synth, the super classic roland filter, an incredible interface, and fantastic oscillator/subosc section... and a wonderful BBD analog chorus to top it off. I think of it as a one oscillator Jupiter 8, as they share the same filter and eg. Super warm, moving sounds that always sit perfectly in any mix. It really is a no compromise board, and prices aren't going anywhere but up.

The same money can get you more features, but not *that* sound
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord ➑️
Chroma Polaris

it often gets recommended in this price range, yet after finally spending some time with it, i was a little bit disapointed. its big sound for sure, agressive cutting resonance and little bit fuzzy/glassy oscillators like ones in Xpander.

however, i find something like Prophet 600 much much closer to famous polyphonics of early 80s in character.

then, something in Polaris makes getting trademark poly sounds a hit n miss. it lacks flexibility in some important areas, whilst providing it in some other imo less important areas (you can revers the keyboard, but no polymod ) . then, envelope shape isnt the best expo like on 3310, and the filter has no middle ground.. from no resonance goes balistic rather quickly to self oscillation (compared to p5/600, obxa/ob variety). on the plus side it has velocity and its much faster than P600.

Ahh yes...you have definitely spent some time with the Polaris. it's sometimes a dichotomy. And you have accurately described the filter curve. It's a very fine line, but for me,, that only means spending more time to get it right. So unorthodox in many regards, and difficult to dial in in that respect. I honestly don't understand it completely and I own two of them. But what put's it on my "A' list is it's inherent sonic profile. It's like a Ferrari in that regard. It can give you goose bumps. I stopped trying to create other synths with it a long time ago. It's a Polaris. And that's why i sought them out after over 15 years away from music. It left such an impression on me. And today, I know it wasn't an infatuation. It's well....a Ferrari.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I started out with a little phatty, first synth I ever got, for 700 on the bay,
year after I got the prophet 08 and sold it in 6 mos b/c I could get the same sounds out of plugins. IMHO you should get the moog or a sem and get u he diva for poly b/c its effin amazing. Get the demo. Trust me.

Good luck!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma ➑️
i'd still go modular. you can get a happy ending case for 150, and a doepfer a1115 for $500, which has a VCO, VCF, VCA, ADSR, 2 LFOs.. and still have $600+ left for more modules or whatever. you could even buy a minibrute and control the modular with it, with the cash left over.

Or you can start also with this:
Pittsburgh Modular - Foundation

the problem is that it started to be shipped some days ago, and you still don't have second hand market... The price of a new foundation is a little bit over your budget, if I am not wrong.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I think the best advice is to wait and not try to figure out what to buy for $1300 but to save up more money to put yourself in the range of much better options. It may be painful to save the money but in the long run you would be far better off. The suggestion to save and get a Prophet 5, for example, is a very good one. They may go up in price but do you really think they will go up that much faster than your ability to save to get one? I think not but I don't know your financial situation.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi ➑️
I started out with a little phatty, first synth I ever got, for 700 on the bay,
year after I got the prophet 08 and sold it in 6 mos b/c I could get the same sounds out of plugins. IMHO you should get the moog or a sem and get u he diva for poly b/c its effin amazing. Get the demo. Trust me.

Good luck!
Seriously? You got a Moog LP for $700. Broken? They barely depreciate $100. And you are telling this guy and us that diva and/or plugins better or as good as a Prophet 08?
Moogs are very limited with one voice and not a good first synth, but still a great synth for just those sounds.
Guys tried this with me when I joined GS after specifically saying I wanted a poly/digital board to start.
Wow. Unbelievable.
Just sayin......
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Definitely check out the Prophet 600, if you can get one that's in good shape.

I haven't owned it but a friend did. It's a real analog polysynth, you wouldn't mistake the sound for anything else. Has that big, animated sound that people associate with analog. It's more raw-sounding than some old synths -- kind of the opposite of a Roland like the mks-70 (which I own but don't use much), which has that super-smooth DCO-through-analog-chorus sound. Never heard bass on a 600, so no comments there.

Hope this helps.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
600 has some serious drawbacks, incredibly slow early digital envelopes being the main one. It's definitely a cool, big sounding synth, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first/only synth unless you can find a killer deal on one.
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro5 ➑️
Well junos were being mentioned and they are even more limited in my experience. And as for sound - polysix sounds more than just 'OK' to my ears .
Good, then we don't have to fight for a Polysix. That holds the prices down. Well, for a bargain price tag/oportunity I'm in the game.

Quote:

The problem with trying to suggest a jam packed analog synth for this kind of cash is that what you gain in features (i.e a JX-8P) you lose in sound, to the point you may as well not even bother going analog but get old (good) digital.
Can't argue against that
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Just another point here worth mentioning. The keyboard you have is very important. For example, I have Kurzweil PC3x. I use this play my synths except for a CS-50 which doesn't have MIDI. This is quite an expensive keyboard but it's not just a master keyboard and has it's own sounds. If you get a really nice master keyboard it can totally change your experience with many synths especially when you can use aftertouch and you have nice weighted keys (or better - semi-weighted because that's more versatile). This is one of the things that makes my Obie Matrix 1000s so nice. It's also very cool with the Tetra. If I was to say use the keyboard on the Moog (if that's even possible) to play the Tetra, that wouldn't be in the same league.
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Combo Juno 106/6/60 with a minibrute, or a lone prophet 600/08. Done! Read no further. The p600 can get you close to the $4000 dollar p5 sound. The Juno 60 can in fact get close to a Jupiter 8 in some ways. I played a jp8 and a Juno 60 side by side two days ago and they do have similarities. The Juno 60 is like a ultra limited, stripped, one oscillator jp8 . Very very limited, but none the less sounds great!
Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolomick ➑️
Also, on CL in my area is a Mopho keyboard for 500 bucks, an Evolver desktop for $350, a Prophet 08 keyboard for $1400, a Mopho desktop for $240 bucks, and a Tetra for $750 bucks.
Given the prices in your area, I would jump on the Mopho Keyboard. It sells brand new for $850, that is quite a steal. Mopho KB + Minitaur + Alpha Juno 2 or another cheap poly synth spends your $1300 very neatly and that's w/o looking around for a deal on the Minitaur. Vintage is nice, but having something new is always fun too

Quote:
The problem with trying to suggest a jam packed analog synth for this kind of cash is that what you gain in features (i.e a JX-8P) you lose in sound, to the point you may as well not even bother going analog but get old (good) digital.
I assume you meant what you lose in sound options, ie more modulation, wavetables, etc. B/c the 8P does sound very nice IMO. I don't really care about the slow envelopes tho
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel ➑️

I assume you meant what you lose in sound options, ie more modulation, wavetables, etc. B/c the 8P does sound very nice IMO. I don't really care about the slow envelopes tho
What I meant was (and I've owned a JX-8P for some years before selling it) was not to be blinded by a feature list if the sound isn't what you are looking for. The term 'analog synth' doesn't really describe what sound they want - a JX-8P is probably the least 'analog sounding' analog synth around (OK maybe the JX10, Alpha Juno and later racks just before the D-50 came along and it all went digital).

A polysix (Or even a JX-3P, or a Juno 60) have a certain vintage sound to them, they sound as you'd expect analog to sound, when people talk of the beauty of analog synths they aren't rarely talking about the kind of sound the JX-8P puts out which is very close to digital. 8P has crap filters and honky oscilators but is a good overall featured keyboard. If that's what the guy wants then it's a great buy (cheap too), but if he wants something that sounds good in the filters, the envelopes, the overall tone - then he should look at older stuff - and that older stuff tends to cost more and has less impressive features on paper.

However the sound will entertain him far longer than the feature list will in many cases. Once you have played with all the options you only have the basic sound to fall back on, and if it doesn't have it there then it's a pointless excercise in 'going analog' and you may as well go even MORE featured via warm digital (D-50!!) or even software.

Saying the polysix is too simple is like saying a guitar is too simple. The P6 can do a massive amount of sounds once you get to know it, no it can't do as many 'types' of sounds as a JX-8P but what it can do will always sound decent, use some effects and you have a very wide range of stuff you can do with it. The 8P is good for pads/strings and the occasional slippy lead/Sync sound (that really makes it sound dated - in fact the 8P was the most 'dated sounding' analog synth I ever used in my music and yet it was the newest! strange!). The other stuff it does sounds better (IMO) done digitally (EPianos - get an FM synth for that!) super pads (D-50/JD-800 etc), basses (don't even bother on an 8P, yuck). Meanwhile polysix does (beautiful vintage) strings, bass, aggressive leads, twinkly PWM short decay/long release stuff, amazing unison sound (vs a really flat one on the 8P) and overall has a really nice sound that never embarrases or makes you wonder why you didn't go digital. Night and day difference in 'analog sound' between those two synths.

This is just my opinion though and goes to show the pointlessness of trying to dictate what someone should buy when it's their ears and tastes that need pleasing not ours. 8P isn't a bad synth at all, I really loved mine for the first year but got fed up of it's filter and it's 'plastic' oscillators. Ironically for a synth with so many more (on paper) features than the Polysix I found it became good only for the one or two things it did really well (pads/strings) for any other kind of sounds I'd be reaching for my JX-3P (now that sounds nice!) or the Polysix (or an SH-101 when I had them). If you check my 'gone' part of my signature - the DCO analogs that I've sold - the 8P is the least favourite to me of them all. Would rather have an alpha juno and that's saying something. 3P, AX80, even the only HALF analog DW-8000 were far more interesting/analog sounding synths than the 8P.

I no longer count anything with the IR3R05 filter in as "analog" cos it sure as **** doesn't much sound like it (grab a free software instrument for the exact same effect)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by saw wave analog ➑️
600 has some serious drawbacks, incredibly slow early digital envelopes being the main one.
Not all slow digital envelopes are equally crap.

In my experience, the Alpha Juno and JX-3P families clocked in around 4-5 ms - not great, but usable. I'm also guessing P-600 and Matrix (both big and little) are in this range.

JX-8P family lags far behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odey ➑️
If you want a poly synth I would save up for a really good poly synth. You already have $1300. If you hit the $2000 mark them maybe you can enter into the real analogue poly's.

Oberheim expander is probably the best/cheapest poly on the market.
Wrong Oberheim. The OB-8 is the one to go for if you want a high-end poly that is the heart of your setup at a decent price ($2-2.5k). Xpanders sell for a little more, and are more of a secondary instrument.

OB-8 is far less featured than Xpander, but blows it away in raw sound quality - CEM3340/3320/3310 vs. CEM3374/3372/software.

Quote:
A polysix (Or even a JX-3P, or a Juno 60) have a certain vintage sound to them, they sound as you'd expect analog to sound, when people talk of the beauty of analog synths they aren't rarely talking about the kind of sound the JX-8P puts out which is very close to digital. 8P has crap filters and honky oscilators but is a good overall featured keyboard.
I always thought the oscillators in the 3P and 8P were the same. Maybe the honky JX oscillator sounds good through the 3P (and MKS-30) filters?

Quote:
I no longer count anything with the IR3R05 filter in as "analog" cos it sure as **** doesn't much sound like it (grab a free software instrument for the exact same effect)
Where does that leave my MKS-80 rev. 5? Is it some strange hybrid - VCOs into mediocre might-as-well-be-digital filter?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by javd007 ➑️
The Juno 60 can in fact get close to a Jupiter 8 in some ways. I played a jp8 and a Juno 60 side by side two days ago and they do have similarities. The Juno 60 is like a ultra limited, stripped, one oscillator jp8 . Very very limited, but none the less sounds great!
They are almost the same instrument where their features overlap, the only architectural difference between the 6/60 and JP8 is the oscillators. The filters amps and envelopes are identical :D

Jupiter 8
VCO: Discrete
VCF: IR3109
VCA: BA662
ENV: IR3R01

Juno 6, Juno 60
DCO: Standard Ic.
VCF: IR3109
VCA: BA662
ENV: IR3R01

Desolation- I wasn't aware that there was a version of the MKS80 that has that filter... that is kind of a shame. I loved my JX10 for strings and had it for years, but that filter is just not very good.. it's the weakest sounding analog filter I have ever had personal experience with actually. None of the squiggliness that makes me all giddy like the earlier stuff.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headz51230 ➑️
Oberheim matrix 6 would be perfect I'm thinking less the rough interface. Maybe the 1000 if you don't mimd using pc editor like few others mention
You can program with the the M6 interface, but you can't tweak it that way.

Whereas buying a P600 can make you absolutely fall in love with knob twiddling.

Love the M6 as a shortcut to the obie sound, but this guy needs a first synth. . . though I suppose you could get a a M6, superbasstation, and a decent controller for $1300.

Actually, I just looked, and you could get a v synth (controller / sampler), a M6 and a superbasstation for maybe 30-50 bucks over budget.

How bout that for a start?

And that way you get to learn mono and poly.

Speaking of which, a MonoPoly went on ebay for $1350 recently. So you could in fact enter analog poly badass-dom on this budget.

I also passed up a PEK for $1360 last year and totally regretted it.

I think all these would be great options.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
.. The term 'analog synth' doesn't really describe what sound they want .. when people talk of the beauty of analog synths they aren't .. talking about the kind of sound the JX-8P puts out which is very close to digital. 8P has crap filters and honky oscilators ...
Sorry, perhaps not too relevant to thread, but you just put the right word on it, those DCO's sound honky, exactly! Nasal can be cool, honky not.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Desolation- I wasn't aware that there was a version of the MKS80 that has that filter... that is kind of a shame. I loved my JX10 for strings and had it for years, but that filter is just not very good.. it's the weakest sounding analog filter I have ever had personal experience with actually. None of the squiggliness that makes me all giddy like the earlier stuff.
Sad thing is, I went for rev. 5 solely because the IR3R03 is such a good sounding oscillator. Not thin like JP-8 VCO or Juno DCO (relying on detuning or chorus), not honky like JX DCO, and not brash like CEM3340.

That, and I didn't know how blah the IR3R05 is.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolationBlvd ➑️
I always thought the oscillators in the 3P and 8P were the same. Maybe the honky JX oscillator sounds good through the 3P (and MKS-30) filters?

Where does that leave my MKS-80 rev. 5? Is it some strange hybrid - VCOs into mediocre might-as-well-be-digital filter?
Don't know if they are technically the same osc electronics but they sure don't sound the same, whether it's the crappy filter or the slower envelopes on the 8P making them sound worse is unknown to me, I just know no matter what I did they always sounded that way. Conversely on the JX-3P (possibly thanks to it's slightly faster envs and definitely no small thanks to it's IR3109 filter) when you hit the sweet spot it sounds VERY analog and not at all like you imagine from the other JX brothers. Simpler synth yes but sounds so sweet when you hit it just right.

As for your MKS-80 IR3R0WHY edition - perhaps a VCO synth can just about get away with those filters? It still isn't exactly like a jupiter 8 or Polysix sound (or even a DCO with a great filter). Seems like something Roland didn't think through fully from a sound perspective more a cost cutting one (great features, great oscs but oh lets just stick this cheap sounding filter on it that we have left over from the JX-8P/Alpha junos and call it a day)
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Love the help, thanks guys! I couldn't resist the minibrute when I saw it available online so I decided to get that for my monosynth needs. I figure if I don't like it I can resell it immediately for what I paid.

That leaves me about 800-900 bucks to play with for a Polysynth. Once again knobs would be great to play with. I could get a Polysix or a Prophet 600 and be close to my budget... What would you recommend to compliment the Minibrute between those two?

Thanks.
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Do you want dirty, dark, or punchy? P600, polysix, juno60 fill those roles in that order. J60 is most consistently good sounding, Prophet is weirdest. Polysix is good but doesn't have any single particular strength. It's the least interesting of the three imo.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

The 8P is good for pads/strings and the occasional slippy lead/Sync sound (that really makes it sound dated - in fact the 8P was the most 'dated sounding' analog synth I ever used in my music and yet it was the newest! strange!). The other stuff it does sounds better (IMO) done digitally (EPianos - get an FM synth for that!) super pads (D-50/JD-800 etc), basses (don't even bother on an 8P, yuck). Meanwhile polysix does (beautiful vintage) strings, bass, aggressive leads, twinkly PWM short decay/long release stuff, amazing unison sound (vs a really flat one on the 8P) and overall has a really nice sound that never embarrases or makes you wonder why you didn't go digital. Night and day difference in 'analog sound' between those two synths.
I'm confused. You espouse the virtues of vintage analog, but you used a pejorative (dated) when talking about the JX8p in that same context. The 8P has a lot lurking behind the presets, and it takes some real effort to extract it's real potential. A filter here, an oscillator there, it's more than that with any synth.

Quote:
As for your MKS-80 IR3R0WHY edition - perhaps a VCO synth can just about get away with those filters? It still isn't exactly like a jupiter 8 or Polysix sound (or even a DCO with a great filter). Seems like something Roland didn't think through fully from a sound perspective more a cost cutting one (great features, great oscs but oh lets just stick this cheap sounding filter on it that we have left over from the JX-8P/Alpha junos and call it a day)
It would be very unlikely that Roland would make a filter choice on that flagship MKS80 simply because they might have had some spare filters kicking around. Roland actually made a conscious effort to change the filter in the MKS80, and the oscillators. So, if they had been trying to get rid of chips they would have ended up in the Rev 4. The MKS80 is so far beyond the Polysix on every level. Even in Unison, the Polysix sounds like it's phase cancelling. The MKS80 has a unison detune that really eliminates that effect and makes it sound extremely lush. The Polysix sounds warm and "fuzzy" on it's own, but it's mushy in a mix. The MKS80 Rev5 sits very well.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknobeam ➑️
It would be very unlikely that Roland would make a filter choice on that flagship MKS80 simply because they might have had some spare filters kicking around. Roland actually made a conscious effort to change the filter in the MKS80, and the oscillators. So, if they had been trying to get rid of chips they would have ended up in the Rev 4.
I'm pretty sure the IR3R05 was made for the MKS-80. The service manual says they wanted to eliminate clipping with high resonance and provide a linear response in the VCA. The former is why the resonance is weaker.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Do you want dirty, dark, or punchy? P600, polysix, juno60 fill those roles in that order. J60 is most consistently good sounding, Prophet is weirdest. Polysix is good but doesn't have any single particular strength. It's the least interesting of the three imo.
Well hopefully the Minibrute will be dirty, dark, and punchy (feel free to correct me if I am wrong) so I think weird tones would be the thing missing most.
πŸ“ Reply