Quantcast
the perfourmer has landed - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
the perfourmer has landed
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
the perfourmer has landed

well, my perfourmer (mki) landed in my office yesterday, and i had a couple of hours last night to muddle with it.

i have to say, i'm not sure where the idea comes from that you can only get "weird" sounds out of it- it seems to be squarely aimed at the classic analog sounds.

the vcos are quite rich, and the resonance on the filter has a mellow tone to it. the lfos are great to. can't sync to midi like the mkii, but using my ears got me close enough.

this is me just scratching the surface, some quick sounds that i dialed up. the interface is VERY well laid out and it's easy to get what you want. i really look forward to further wasted time with this lovely machine.

please don't expect a masterpiece in terms of the pattern here, it was just a quick thing i threw together using the 4 separate monos:

Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thanks for posting the demo! I've had my eye on the MkII. One of the main things holding me back though is that it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) you can't control the filter cutoff of the entire sound. Just the individual voices. That seems like something that would bug me. Everything else about the design is really appealing.
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Glad you enjoyed, it really has been fun to scratch at it these past few days. I guess you are referring to poly mode, where you would play chords, etc? I am not familiar with the mkii, but I am pretty sure the one filter per osc/voice is consistent as it would relate to your question.. You adjust the filter on each one individually, even in poly mode.

I only messed about in poly mode for a short time, and it is tough to get each voice in sync. But, I can tell the potential is there, I will just have to work for it. I'm thinking that in the end the potential for variance will be an advantage.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…