It sounds pretty damn good!
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Looks like a beast...
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Looks very good and sounds like very good VA. Not so super analogish, very rounded highs and tamed charecter. Must buy though...
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Presumably modelled on the sh101?
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
There is a SH-101 mode on filter section.
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
oh man.. i love the D16 stuff so im sure this will be awesome.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So this is what became of their Shioitor, is it? Cool. Will check out.
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
its implementation of unison might set it well apart from Diva which rather lacks in this dept...as well as arpeggio and layering...
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
wow that sounds great
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
those Lukas Djozd demos sounds quite good...I can see this being very useful to people making modern style electronic music...also sounds like it has a decent reverb built in...some quite nice ambient style pads which I didnt expect from an SH101...
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
It seems more than a simple SH101 emu...to me at least
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
I wouldn't say it's a competitor to Diva, since it's based on the structure of one synth, while Diva has components modelled from multiple synths, and you can interchange those components at will.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
These demo's of the lush show way more interesting sounds than I ever heard from Diva. (I'm not too fond of Diva's IMHO sterile sound.)
Old 13th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➑️
I wouldn't say it's a competitor to Diva, since it's based on the structure of one synth, while Diva has components modelled from multiple synths, and you can interchange those components at will.
it stays pretty much the same synth..the modules just change the sound character but synthesis possebilitys stay mostly within the standard roland topology..

the good thing with d-16 is that they try to be a bit creative and add additional functionality what helps to compensate for the lack of an analog sound..
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks and sounds good but best to wait and test the final demo.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse ➑️
(I'm not too fond of Diva's IMHO sterile sound.)
Sterile? I think not.
Old 13th September 2012
Wildfunk
The knob labels are looking a little blurred, i hope they fix that before the release.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse ➑️
These demo's of the lush show way more interesting sounds than I ever heard from Diva. (I'm not too fond of Diva's IMHO sterile sound.)
I agree. Diva is just blahhhh...

This looks supercool.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaski ➑️
I agree. Diva is just blahhhh...

This looks supercool.
So you make synth purchase decisions based on looks? I guess a Moog with its wood panels is not a good thing to get...
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Now:

Previously:

I liked the stick bender idea, but that rate knob for the arpeggiator was absolutely terrible. Good to see they found a solution, though I'm still not sure about their sequencer implementation.

A huge set of keys on the screen is pretty much a complete waste of space anyway; a simple light to show that the plugin's receiving MIDI is just as good.

It's too bad the SH101 is better known than the MC202 - mimicking the MC202's front panel and extending it would've been better use of screen real-estate.

D16 is one of the few companies that do skeuomorphic somewhat right - their labels are actually readable.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandvik ➑️
So you make synth purchase decisions based on looks? I guess a Moog with its wood panels is not a good thing to get...
Yeah I buy all my audio equipment on looks...

Big fan of all D16's gear.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yeah I buy all my audio equipment on looks...

Big fan of all D16's gear.
OK sounded like you didn't like Diva based on looks based on you comment above...

Anyway, I doubt Lush will do MiniMoog and Jupiter-6/8 emulations the same way as Diva so you are missing the point. It's SH101 on steroids. Maybe that will ease the headache you are expressing above.
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
cool...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandvik ➑️
OK sounded like you didn't like Diva based on looks...

Anyway, I doubt Lush will do MiniMoog and Jupiter-6/8 emulations the same way as Diva so you are missing the point. It's SH101 on steroids.
Sorry, not a fan of Diva at all and I was describing it's sound as 'just blahhh' - not it's exciting and eye catching BROWN GUI...

but that's for another thread.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by satak ➑️
Looks very good and sounds like very good VA. Not so super analogish, very rounded highs and tamed charecter. Must buy though...
I think even the best software only ever sounds 'like very good VA'. And that's not a complaint, it's just reality. They always will be virtual analog ("analog" emulation soft synths) but they have started to surpass/match many hardware VA if not all soon.
Wildfunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer ➑️
D16 is one of the few companies that do skeuomorphic somewhat right - their labels are actually readable.
But lousy readable:

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Sorry, not a fan of Diva at all and I was describing it's sound as 'just blahhh' - not it's exciting and eye catching BROWN GUI...

but that's for another thread.
I'm more for ergonomics in the studio than looks. If the Lush UI is hard to read on a 27" monitor I won't like that aspect but will bite my teeth in case the sound is good. Many times pretty graphics is just in the way when doing work in the studio.

As for Diva sounding blaah, wow, I guess you never used a Jupiter-8, right? Many of us don't like SH101, especially if we owned a Jupiter around that time frame. Anyway, I will not judge this one until I had my hands on the demo and tried out the sounds. Better way of evaluating SW than looking at pretty pictures.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfunk ➑️
But lousy readable:

Yes, that was the old version, announced in 2009 (time flies when you're having fun!), and they saw that it was a bad idea.

Not as bad as turning it into a shiny metal disk with rotated text so that you have to tilt your head in order to read a label.

You could reduce the GUI of this to half its size and make it more readable in the process, but the developer is convinced that he's right and the rest of the planet is wrong.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Why is everything compared to DIVA?

Anyways, the GUI looks GREAT and sounds seem to be nice.

I hope it can do PWM as crazy as the HW.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer ➑️
You could reduce the GUI of this to half its size and make it more readable in the process, but the developer is convinced that he's right and the rest of the planet is wrong.
Yoozer, if I remember well, there is a second "interface mode" in Poly-ANA that has "drop-down" menus instead of disc pots.

here it is!

πŸ“ Reply