🎧 5 years
yes can't wait... sounds great

d16 lush + diva =
Old 16th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBSoundSmith ➑️
O God, Polyana. I've never even demoed it, one look at the GUI and I just refused. What an eyesore. When you are staring at a GUI for several hours, it shouldn't give you headaches.

DIVA has an OK one. Others GUIs may be prettier, but I can look at it for long periods of time and not have my eyes be bothered. I spent about 3-4 hrs working on just a single patch last weekend, and when I'm being that detailed and meticulous, I don't want to have to think for a second about the GUI being a bother.
yeah, i have to admit, the polyana gui has prevented me from being able to ever actually use that synth :-/
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
So? They released it this morning...anyone tried it and has feedbacks?
Old 18th October 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
My impression is that LuSH doesn't justify its CPU usage with adequate sound, as Diva does.
Old 18th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
The sound demos on the site sounded pretty good when I listened before. I was interested, but I just bought a Waldorf Blofeld (received yesterday) so I'm not in the market anymore.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➑️
My impression is that LuSH doesn't justify its CPU usage with adequate sound, as Diva does.
totally unimpressive sound.
where is the sh101 sound?

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Not very impressed either, mind you that's just from preset surfing...
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I've never been impressed by presets on any synth. Normally sound examples and ease of editing do it for me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjungle ➑️
I've never been impressed by presets on any synth. Normally sound examples and ease of editing do it for me.
Diva presets are good! Anyway, I will download the demo LuSH not that I'm not at all in the market for more SW synths just now. Have enough of them to do productions for the next 20 years or so.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I'll get the demo too, but I'm not gonna buy it for sure. Just bought a Blofeld so I got my hands full at the moment. I'm kind of fed up with VST instruments at the moment too. Sound quality is usually pretty good, but editing is just not very intuitive.
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
d16 Lush is now available...

Lush is now available, but is it a a good emulation of sh-101?

D16 Group Audio Software - Beyond Perfection - Home

I love their 3d renders!
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
The interface, while looking cool, is not really easy to read (and I have 20/20 vision), and after a while it gets really tiresome.

I wish they made the virtual keyboard and wheels retractable and the UI resizeable with larger text.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i'm not impressed. though i've never liked the sound of their fx and it certainly has the 'd16' sound to it. but essentially it sounds like just another softsynth.
Old 19th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Its brilliant. Sell your hardware now
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
honestly i really think TAL would be the one to nail a really great emulation of the 101. after his revamp of his juno vst, i'm all the more hopeful that he'll do the same for his 101 emulation.
Old 19th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Indeed. Unfortunately i've always felt like their plugins look quite a bit better than they sound. That being said, I'm still really excited to finally have an SH-101 emulation.

same here...

great synth for itb minimal tech producers !
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Personally i don't care for "true" SH101 emulation much, but this plugin has great VA synthesis engine and the 8 layers + FX + extensive modulation matrix are really really cool. Powerful, to say the least.

I think it does sound very good and the FX are lovely.
It piles a lot of power. Sadly our CPUs are dying way before we are able to push its 8 synthesis engine and modulation matrix to its boundaries.

The kind of plugin that will benefit to distribute its engines on multiple cores, don't know if it is feasible yet with Logic or any other DAW.
But i can't push it to the max actually.
A last revision's iMac i5" is crying...at least one of its core...

Quote:
The interface, while looking cool, is not really easy to read (and I have 20/20 vision)
I have 22/20 and feel the same, the layer page is the hardest to edit to me.
I would not like to use this plugin on an Imac 27". I'm on 1900 x 1200 and it is the upper limit acceptable resolution to me.

I still don't understand GUI like that...i guess look and SH101 reference helps to sell and after all, it is what D16 are doing for years but, come on...
I think it will really benefit of a larger interface assuming it is a computer program.
Please D16, offer the possibility to boot it with a more utility GUI !!!

Yet i find it super cool anyway, i don't like to have too many synthesizers and i almost only use Dcam synthsquad, Aalto, and Massive but actually this one retained my attention.
I'll see if it drives me in other territories than Dcam Synth Squad and i may buy it...
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I must say that I really dig this synth. It's simple and fun. Sure the UI could be bigger and it would be nice to link few layer controls (like cut off and resonance) under one knob. I'll wait for future patches and discounts.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Could these LuSH threads be merged, there's now atleast three of them going around? Identical talk in all, considering it's a few days old. I'm interested in following the discussion, but would be easier on a single thread.

https://gearspace.com/board/new-prod...ush-101-a.html
https://gearspace.com/board/electron...ompetitor.html
VST
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I could never get comfortable with D16's UI's, but I have to say this looks less intimidating, it's small, but that appeals to me more than hidden options.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jachin boaz ➑️
Indeed. Unfortunately i've always felt like their plugins look quite a bit better than they sound. That being said, I'm still really excited to finally have an SH-101 emulation.

same here...

great synth for itb minimal tech producers !
You mean D16 plugins?
Old 19th October 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
im demo'ing it right now. i think it sounds amazing

no cpu issues on my i7 2600k
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Yea the audio demos they had on Soundcloud were pretty amazing. I haven't gotten around to downloading the demo just yet though.
Old 19th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
no cpu issues on my i7 2600k
Come on, please use the layers, polyphonic mode, fxs and modulation matrix and burn your CPU like everyone
Old 20th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
bought it straight away and love it so far - gonna take a while to work out how to navigate it - included sounds are VERY good and suits my style (tech-house)
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Gonna download the demo now. I'm not gonna lie, that interface is a little intimidating. :D

I like how everything is on screen though. Except layers.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Sadly I didn't like it. I guess it's not a bad thing, I'm not in the market for a new soft synth anyway, but Lush is a HOG!!!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam an huel ➑️
Personally i don't care for "true" SH101 emulation much, but this plugin has great VA synthesis engine and the 8 layers + FX + extensive modulation matrix are really really cool.
Where do I find this modulation matrix? In the demo version, I only found a page where you can set up MIDI controllers (mod wheel, aftertouch etc.) as sources. This synth does not seem to have a modulation matrix, unless I'm missing something?
Old 20th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This looked promising, now it will be a pointless purchase for me.
The CPU usage is just too high. I don't care about an 101 emulation, what I looked for is
a fresh bread-and-butter softsynth that doesn't sound as dark and epic as Diva.
Anyway, I might get interested again with a future update, when it's addressing the CPU issue!
Old 20th October 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
LOL, Diva doesn't appeal to me because it sounds way too epic. The only epic I like is that Roland Jupiter 8 sound.
πŸ“ Reply