Quantcast
Korg A3 worth it ? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg A3 worth it ?
Old 12th September 2012
Deleted User
Korg A3 worth it ?

I have a chance to pick up a Korg A3 effects processor locally which is cheap, but is an A3 worth it for it's effects, as i will use it for processing drums. What's the noise floor like etc.

I think the effects in the A3 are the same as what's in the M1.

Only problem with this A3 is that the backlight has gone in it and will need replaced, but i can get a replacement from backlight4u no problem.
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The A3 is the same effects The Edge used on Mysterious Ways, for instance.
I have two A1s and they are really nice.
I guess the A3 must be pretty cool too.

How much is cheap by the way?
Either way, for 100 euros down is a good price, and the only reason why I wouldn't get one at that top price is because I have two A1s, or else I wouldn't hesitate
Old 12th September 2012 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by paugui ➡️
How much is cheap by the way?
It's just under £100, of course i would need to spend some money getting a replacement backlight strip for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paugui ➡️
Either way, for 100 euros down is a good price, and the only reason why I wouldn't get one at that top price is because I have two A1s, or else I wouldn't hesitate
A3's are only overpriced because of the connection to the Edge and U2, that's about it.
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Well... I think they are pretty cool effects on their own
And you get a cool interface with knobs, a huge amount of effects and you can use up to 6 of them at the same time (or at least with the A1 you can), so it's a pretty cool effects processor
So I wouldn't say 100€ or £ to be too much for one, even without the connection to The Edge and U2...
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I actually used an A3 once and it certainly was 100 stories higher in quality then say an M1 Keyboard Fx. Guitarists actually loved the unit, it had a very responsive feel to the way you played and the FX unit replied, it was a bit "Glassy" though nothing a touch of EQ couldn't fix....Cheap, and $50.00 for a backlight - Yeah.....Go for it! If that's of any help?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…