Quantcast
Anybody have analog white noise samples? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anybody have analog white noise samples?
Old 13th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos30 ➡️
seriously this is a thread that says my burst of static "analog" is better then your burst of static "digital" ?

LOL!!!
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The point earlier is that it's ironic that you are asking for analog noise in a digital format.
Old 13th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Obviously, someone should send the OP an Ampex tape. To make it organic noise as well, the author needs to take the (tape-based, naturally) field recorder to the mountains or the sea.
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer ➡️
Obviously, someone should send the OP an Ampex tape.
Or a PNP transistor as a cheaper alternative.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i love using noise in sound design, especially for analog drums but i'm kind of lost in between analog/digital and the different colors. i know my SH uses analog, my moog phatty offers a noise source as modulation (digital i assume) , the Tempest has various noise samples as well as noise modulation, finally Nord Lead uses virtual analog noise?

about the colors, i only knew of white & pink, but speaking with James Holden & Nathan Fake after their show last month (noise is a big part of their act) they told me their noise color of choice these days was...brown?!!
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
The colors merely define how much of the frequency spectrum is filtered; analogous to how you can use a prism to break up white light in its separate wavelengths.

Brownian noise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is an option, but they might've jokingly referred to Brown note - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As said, you can generate noise by dumping a bunch of random numbers into a DAC. Try this: sample noise (any noise) and loop it. Move the end loop point closer to the starting point, and pay attention to any peculiarities That's what happens when the formula to generate numbers is not random enough.

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer ➡️
Try this: sample noise (any noise) and loop it. Move the end loop point closer to the starting point, and pay attention to any peculiarities
Comes included in every ESQ-1/SQ-80.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax ➡️
i love using noise in sound design, especially for analog drums..
I like to layer with hi hats, percussion sometimes too..You can chop a small piece of noise, mess with the decay and it's instant open hat type sound perfect for layering with acoustic/drum machine. I usually high pass the noise sample.
Old 6th June 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I apologize for the necromancery.
Would like to know about any high quality noise samples (tape, vinyl, synths, different gear) besides Crane Song LTD Dither CD. No, it's not for dither.
📝 Reply