Quantcast
Which Virus version? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which Virus version?
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Which Virus version?

You've got the B, C, the TI and so on. Is getting a TI my best bet? Is there any difference between a TI and a C? I'm guessing that the TI can integrate into your DAW better, or something. Is that the only difference?

After looking for a few minutes I couldn't find much info online. Guess I'll keep looking.
Old 11th September 2012
Deleted 60622ed
I have the virus ti with the new OS5 update...its a blinding synth...go on the access site and theres a few videos too help you decide
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Virus TI2 desktop / TI2 Polar / TI2 Kb (depending on your needs as far as keyboard) - The best of the bunch, but quite expensive

TI 1 - Slightly lower polyphony, otherwise identicalal. A bit cheaper if buying used.

TI Snow - Full TI feture set, lower polyphony, only 4 parts, fewer knobs, cheaper.

Virus C - Not all features of the TI (in particular, fewer oscillator models and effects and only 2 env's... and of course no VST integrattion) but you do get lots of knobs.

Basically, get a TI/TI2 if you can afford it. If not, get the C if you want knobs or the Snow if you want the full TI feature set and don't mind menu diving or the VST editor.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
There's a gaping chasm feature-wise between a C and a TI, and now with the TI v1 dropping I'd pick that over the C any day.

The C and B are much more alike.
📝 Reply