The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Midi Timing Win - Cakewalk's UM-3G !
Old 14th November 2011
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Midi Timing Win - Cakewalk UM-3G

I had been using my Virus Ti2 as my main midi interface for the past 2 years and recently picked up the UM-3G from a fellow GS on a whim. I thought it'd probably just end up being another piece of gear that gets bought and sold. I finally got around to testing it by looping a minute's worth of 8th notes through the output back in and recording the resulting midi.

Wow.. what a difference! Goodbye sloppy timing. I was extremely impressed with how much it improved both the timing and the accuracy of the note lengths. This little box seriously rocks! The difference in timing by running it at MME in your midi settings rather than DirectMusic was huge as well. The DirectMusic result was pretty much a picasso so I'll not be using that.

For anyone unhappy with their midi timing I highly recommend trying one of these out. Best $75 I spent this year!
Old 23rd February 2012
Gear Maniac

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Thanks for your posts on the UM-3G. Due to your hard work and willingness to take the risk, I now have a UM-3G on its way into my home studio to interface all of my MIDI gear. I'll let you know how it works out for me as well.
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i also have um3g , it is tight . I think they are discontinued now so get in while you can . might get a 2nd one to link up for 6x6
📝 Reply