The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Korg Monotron varients!
Old 24th January 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard ➑️
Geetard Center has them now.

Funny. I went shopping for synths there and the underpaid teenage "expert" thought the Moog LP was polyphonic. When I asked to look at the Monotribe he got me the Monotron even though I said the former had a sequencer!
Whatta JOKE!
I asked for layaway and they tried to offer me some BS Guitar Center Credit Card so they can bend me over after a few payments. Off to the mom and pop store near me!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
got my Delay version today,

its sooo awesome...sounds very classic and epic....space drones all day.

I think they improved the output a little, it doesnt seem as noisy as the monotron classic output.

cant wait running my DE thru this beast

bargain imo
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSociety ➑️
got my Delay version today,

its sooo awesome...sounds very classic and epic....space drones all day.

I think they improved the output a little, it doesnt seem as noisy as the monotron classic output.

cant wait running my DE thru this beast

bargain imo
I'm guessing you bought it from a Japanese website and had it imported? I thought about doing that but I rather just wait till they're released here in the US. I've seen the new monotrons being sold for upwards of 150 dollars each on ebay.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyeld ➑️
I'm guessing you bought it from a Japanese website and had it imported? I thought about doing that but I rather just wait till they're released here in the US. I've seen the new monotrons being sold for upwards of 150 dollars each on ebay.
omg 150 Xx

crazy, got it from the "musicstore" germany
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Hazard ➑️
Geetard Center has them now.
Their site says shipping on 01/31. Soon!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Talk ➑️
Ok, now Korg needs to throw those 3 pieces together into 1 box. Add 1/4 inch out and midi and I will instabuy it ....
yep, it baffles me how korg comes out with another monotron and still does not implement midi.

I don't even need midi, but then at least put in a freaking keyboard so you can actually play the thing!

They might be cool for analog sound fx, but why would anyone spend money on this just for fx, when they could save a little more get a minibrute/minitaur and get all the fx capability AND have an actual instrument they can play?

The only logical explanation I can think of why Korg refuses to put midi or a real keyboard on this, is that they have their own full-fledged analog synth coming out soon, with a keyboard, midi, etc, and want ppl to spend extra on that instead. idk
Old 24th January 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Delay version IS interesting though at that price, as thats something you can't do with the minibrute/minitaur.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Kaye ➑️
yep, it baffles me how korg comes out with another monotron and still does not implement midi.

I don't even need midi, but then at least put in a freaking keyboard so you can actually play the thing!

They might be cool for analog sound fx, but why would anyone spend money on this just for fx, when they could save a little more get a minibrute/minitaur and get all the fx capability AND have an actual instrument they can play?

The only logical explanation I can think of why Korg refuses to put midi or a real keyboard on this, is that they have their own full-fledged analog synth coming out soon, with a keyboard, midi, etc, and want ppl to spend extra on that instead. idk
I take that back as I thought this was the $250 monotribe that was re-released, not the $50 monotron. Still need midi though!
Old 6th February 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Erm ..... What the hell has happened to the new Monotrons?! They don't seem to have made their way to the UK yet! I just checked on Digital Village. They still show them as not currently in stock, although they have reduced the price to Β£35 now!
Old 6th February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy73 ➑️
Erm ..... What the hell has happened to the new Monotrons?! They don't seem to have made their way to the UK yet! I just checked on Digital Village. They still show them as not currently in stock, although they have reduced the price to Β£35 now!
Most US mail order like Sweetwater and Musicians Friend have them. Duno the shipping, but they are obviously small.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 ➑️
Most US mail order like Sweetwater and Musicians Friend have them. Duno the shipping, but they are obviously small.
Actually I had a look on Google shopping. Looks like Juno Records have them in stock (guaranteed it says). Only Β£35 as well! Think I migh orde one of those right now heh
Old 6th February 2012
Lives for gear

thomann.de says shipping 20th feb 2012 for delay and duo
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Musicstore (eu) sells the delay version already
Old 6th February 2012
Lives for gear

pre ordered mine from thomann.de so i'll have to wait for the duo and the delay...have the black/white monotron to play with in the meantime!

and waiting for the minibrute to arrive in shops...2012 is gonna be analogue themed year!
Old 7th February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ordered a Monotron Delay from Juno this evening via eBay;

New Korg Monotron varients!Korg Monotron Delay Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer | eBay
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel ➑️
with all the money they've wasted on this Mono series..

Seriously, who are you to speculate on 'money they've wasted'???...

anyway..

I got the monotribe delay into my work and it sounds awesome, though I would have liked to be able to put the delay post filter. It's still great fun though.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Fun, fun, fun those little buggers, eh? Filter very friendly with other instuments
Enjoy!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by verve92 ➑️
Fun, fun, fun those little buggers, eh? Filter very friendly with other instumens
Enjoy!
They sure are. I like to plug my Monotribe into the audio input of my Monotron and set it to Pitch. As the Monotribe is playing a sequence I slide my finger up the Monotron ribbon, and because the Monotribe gates the audio source unless it's playing a note it gives a cool ascending pitch effect to whatever sequence is playing.
Old 16th February 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
My Monotron Delay has shipped from Sweetwater.
Old 16th February 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone know if these are out in Canada yet?
Old 17th February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I got mine in the mail from guitar center last saturday, it was $49.99 with free shipping, been playing with it a bit, great random drone/noise maker... (I got the delay unit), I have seen some people have upgraded them by putting rubber grommets on the knobs (was listed as 5mm deep/11mm diameter), but my local ace hardware didn't have any that would fit it (american vs. metric?),
couldn't be happier with it really for what it is, and isn't as noisy on the output into my daw as i had feared, perhaps they improved it a bit. also fun to bring to the bar and fuss around with with headphones on....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Received my Monotron delay from Guitar center last week (the Duo is still back ordered). Very nice sounding ! Sampling the Monotrons into the Microsampler is great fun and very easy. 'Love 'em !
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Duo shipped out, no clue why people are complaining, it's cheap, it's legit analogue, and if you are into electronic music you probably have sampling capability in some shape or form....
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
and it sounds ten times better than a mopho *duck

not kidding!
Old 18th February 2012
Lives for gear

have the monotron...waiting for the duo and delay to arrive...they say...between 20th and 28th of feb!...so not long to go!

Old 19th February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Kaye ➑️

Midi implementation would be more expensive than you think. At $50 bucks, these are an easy impulse buy. This is not the same if they're $100. Also, when you're talking about saving a "little more" in terms of the Minibrute and Minitaur - Since when is 10x and 12x as much a "little more"? These are a fraction of the price and reasonable to buy just for ****s and giggles.

I pre-ordered the Minibrute for $400 bucks and it's a steeeeal. The amount of synth I'm getting for that price is unreal and I can't wait. That said - I picked up the Monotron Delay the other day because it was $50 bucks and I was bored. It's great for what it is and I have no complaints. I never would have paid $100 for it though, even if it came with Midi. I'll probably get the Duo, too - just because it's so cheap. Will I use the Duo in the long run? Hell no, probably not. But whatever. It's $50 bones, I can flip it on Craigslist for $30 at any time if I'm really not using it. I think comparing something like this to a full blown synth is rediculous though. This is a toy for grownups, with some actual applications if you really want to work with it.

Don't get it twisted - Korg isn't releasing Monotron's to be compared to full blown synths. Anyway, go buy one. They're worth fifty bucks.
Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

monotrons are FUN the filter is excellent and screams!
so far i have the monotron...waiting for my duo and delay to arrive...the original is tough to play musical phrases with with but the duo has a chromatic ribbon which will help alot.
Old 22nd February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Has altitude or anyone Know if we can MIDI-fy these as well? Maybe too cramped in these little guys. Dunno.
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

you can cv/gate a monotron pretty simple....midi...not seen a how to yet.

re cv/gate once i have my minibrute which has cv gate i'll try getting my monotron done
Old 23rd February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➑️
you can cv/gate a monotron pretty simple....midi...not seen a how to yet.

re cv/gate once i have my minibrute which has cv gate i'll try getting my monotron done
I midi'd mine using this kit: Monotron++ MIDI-IF kit (It is essentially a Midi to CV kit)
Works pretty good If a bit ugly as the board needs to be housed. Not gotten around to it yet. I would guess it would work with the 2 new Monotron versions, but I don't happen to have seen it done yet.
πŸ“ Reply