Quantcast
KX88 Oddity - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KX88 Oddity
Old 20th September 2011
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
KX88 Oddity

I just picked up a Yamaha KX88 across town and I noticed it has quite the annoying defect. It appears that while data sent across channel 1 is steady, sending data over channel 2 jumps between 1 and 2. Also, the pitch/mod wheels send random "note on" data (and the periodic correct event) when in single mode but in dual and split mode work properly. I don't have another midi cable to try to see if it fixes the problem sadly. Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 20th September 2011
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hmm, well after a bit of tinkering I've figured out the issue and a solution. Apparently the internal clock of the KX88 is either broken or has an issue with this midi interface. By holding down the "MODE" button on startup to disable it, the controller performs as expected. Sadly this must be done every time the keyboard is powered on.
Old 20th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear
tbh, that sounds like a fault.

Mine doesn't demonstrate that type of issue......

Sorry I can't be of any more help :(

Dan
Old 20th September 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 โžก๏ธ
tbh, that sounds like a fault.

Mine doesn't demonstrate that type of issue......

Sorry I can't be of any more help :(

Dan
Yeah, well it seems like some type of circuit error but as long as the keyboard works for my purposes I'm fine with it. It only set me back 120 dollars and the keys have a great feel. Perhaps I'll try to hunt down another MIDI cable to test with just to eliminate the possibility of that being the problem (though it likely isn't) but otherwise I'm just glad that I can use single/split mode now.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…