The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A new JP-8000 emulation in the neighborhood
Old 26th June 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon ➑️

some examples please, you are too generic. Which of those VA manufactures claims that their VA synthesizer is an emulation of an analogue one ? .
Are you for real ? Arturia , Korg, Way Out Ware and Gforce all claim they make emulations of analogue synths. You know this. You've been around the forums and adverts long enough.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 ➑️
The SH-101 has the same click in its envelope, It's Rolands Style. I honestly never understood why everyone including Manuel Schleis called this a bug. Clearly they know not much of synth history. All you have to do is raise the attack slightly off its bottom or in otherwords, program it.
r.
maybe because I play my jp8k in quite a lively style, which includes flipping the controls quite a lot, adsr being one of the best to mess with.

when moving from a long attack to a short attack, how do you propose i 'program it' better, to avoid the click?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru ➑️
when moving from a long attack to a short attack, how do you propose i 'program it' better, to avoid the click?
You could cram a piece of paper into the attack slot to avoid it to go to zero.
Seriously, that's what I do with my SH-101 to stay inside the good-sounding territories within a patch.
I got the idea from someone who used to cut out his home organ presets from pieces of cardboard.

Cheers,
Bert
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinstrom ➑️
Seriously, that's what I do with my SH-101 to stay inside the good-sounding territories within a patch.
I got the idea from someone who used to cut out his home organ presets from pieces of cardboard.

Cheers,
Bert
now thats an idea, what size card needed for the 3cc's or so to get rid of the click? lol
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
So better stop lolling and start practising those cutting skills of yours.
It can be done.
Another way might be to cut the env amount setting a bit (I haven't got a JP8000 at hand right now so I can't say for sure).

Cheers,
Bert
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
its actually just conked out - i need a new battery and its started warbling and the various controls on the main oscillators (spread/detune etc) dont work.

not sure if i need to spray the sliders or what.

brilliant arp on the jp though (i presume that wasnt modelled). and lovely dark empty but still quite colourful digital fizz about it sometimes
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

The JP-8000 was my first synth, it currently resides under my bed hiding from my all analog setup. I've contemplated selling her many times, but I assure you nothing can replace the 8000 and I just can't let go. She is Legendary. BT used to use a stack of SIX of these sex machines, I remember reading the Interview.

Roland has a Roster of machines that have each individually defined an era of music and countless genre's. The JP-8000 is on that roster.
Indeed it is! I've got two of them: one for studio use only and another for live use. Every now and then I'll get frustrated with them and consider selling them off... but something keeps holding me back. They're just so incredibly enjoyable to play.

That would be my number one problem with a plugin version of the JP-8000: I would miss the interface -- about the best thing the real JP-8000 has going for it!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinstrom ➑️
Now that's an idea! Thanks! I, too, usually find the click annoying -- but at the same time, it's nice having options. Sometimes the click can actually be useful (like on the Matrix-1000, where it IS an option).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Mitch ➑️
Are you for real ? Arturia , Korg, Way Out Ware and Gforce all claim they make emulations of analogue synths. You know this. You've been around the forums and adverts long enough.
Gforce has made a hardware VA that claims that is an emulation of an analogue synth ? No I dont know this, would you care to point me with a link, because the website has nothing.

Korg has nothing as well, Arturia only has Origin , which is not VA by the way, more like digital modular, dont know who Way out Ware are , heard it the first time here.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years

Last edited by Yoozer; 26th June 2011 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: argh, wording
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Why shouldn't the JP80 become a classic over the years? Just because of stupid Roland marketing? I'm sure it's a very capable synth with more than marimba trills up its sleeve.
From what I know JP-8000's supersaw also didn't had warm welcome... so better watch out for that super-natural marimba before it reaches "next-auto-tune" cult status... I can almost hear Rihanna making remixes of some songs with super natural marimbas heh
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon ➑️
Gforce has made a hardware VA that claims that is an emulation of an analogue synth ? No I dont know this, would you care to point me with a link, because the website has nothing.

Korg has nothing as well, Arturia only has Origin , which is not VA by the way, more like digital modular, dont know who Way out Ware are , heard it the first time here.
After reading back I now realise you were talking about non native V.As while NWSooner was talking about V.As in general.
Sorry.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
maybe because I play my jp8k in quite a lively style, which includes flipping the controls quite a lot, adsr being one of the best to mess with.

Don't set the attack parameter to 0.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Don't set the attack parameter to 0.
you misunderstand. Im going crazy on the attack like cheech and chong would on the last jointsworth
Old 27th June 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
64 bits pls
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Thats the first VSTi I bought after getting rid of my hardware JP8000 and I love it. Maybe Adam tries to emulate the whole JP in the future, that would be great.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Hopefully he will emulate the piece of paper I've stuck in the adsr
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hopefully he will emulate the piece of paper I've stuck in the adsr
Ha!
I TOLD you it's a good idea!

Cheers,
Bert
Old 30th June 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
been messing with it. It sounds great. Once again I love how it's stripped down. It's the only thing iconic about the machine anyway.
Old 30th June 2011 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
this will sound great through the cakewalk tape sim, for added digitally-not-too-convincing analog warmth

Cakewalk Audio FX 1 Download

Cakewalk Audio FX 2 Download

Cakewalk Audio FX 3 Download

or the opcode fusion filter

ah! the good ole pre-2000 plugins...
where did that brittle sound of our youth go?
Old 29th March 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Any news of a mac version of this or something that's similar???? The demo of this is far too good to miss.... Thanks
Old 30th March 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
JP8k is top 3 if not my fav synth. Sounds kinda smooth and crisp always, not gritty, I'm no expert though, could prolly add $20 distorton pedal..
the interface is like unbeatable. the left side's ability to tweak lfo depth and rate while fading in lfo amount with mod stick and bend pitch wth stick, and if yer good can palm the ribbon controller assigned to almost anything. you can automate software to do like infinate changes at once, but it's different when it's spur of the moment. Love how some knob stick at 0 so you easily set it right quickly like osc2's wide pitch knob.
presets are amazing, each one a distinct elborate sound, hard to out do, almost feels like cheating to use them.
Love sliders, not knobs for filter res and cut to tweak simultanously easier.
built like shjt though and most by now have faulty navigation buttons, not the knobs or siders though. I actually love the cheap feeling keyboard...
suprised no1 mentioned the amazing feedback osc.
I read a lot of real analogues clicked amp env set at fastest. it's great on 'wall bob' preset though. I always thought I could hear a delay if i set it just above where it clicks, guess I'm wrong. only thing I don't like is how my fav keyboardist that got me into synths just owns the hell out of it an it feels like mimicry playing the same, but i cope w/ that.

a pay-for vst for supersaw though these days? why not just layer detuned saws?
spent like 50 hours in microsoft paint years ago, drew a JP8k, it was the coolest thing on the internet but i deleted it?

OP, u called it JP8K, which the real one is nicknamed already. Why would they call the vst jp6k as if it has to do with jupiter 6, IDK?
Old 2nd April 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
this one is good guys, unfortunately i use hardware, i have almost the whole roland factory here.
Very impressed with the sound, for 25 euros its great.
Why not, a laptop, a midi keyboard, Ableton live, reason, JP8K. You don't need more to play a set or a concert. You don't need capacitors recap, no repairs ether
Its a great plugin !
πŸ“ Reply