The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI KORE murdered by Native Instruments
Old 11th June 2011
m127b
NI KORE murdered by Native Instruments

Tons of money spent on KORE and KORE packs here.
Tons of time labelling my KORE sounds with native and hw synths here.
Tons of time accomodating my studio for such important device and its intricacies.

A couple days ago, Native Instruments announced they simply killed KORE. Just some release left = you are on your own.

Conclusion: Software industry CANNOT be trusted. Just one more reason to embrace STANDALONE HARDWARE.

Nice going Native Instruments. **** you so much too.

And yeah, someone is going to come up very soon with: it's a business (means> "**** the users"). To those USERS, I only say: Congrats, let us know how high your NI stock goes.

And sorry in advance for the great sin of denouncing something that I believe is very wrong.

They don't understand we don't buy such a platform for just two sounds or one summer hobby. There's TONS of time invested. My time is my life. I need sw companies to realize people's time and trust is not disposable toilet paper.

Quote:
Native Instruments discontinues Kore | MusicRadar.com
Native Instruments discontinues Kore

Kore will soon be no more.
View in gallery

Native Instruments is discontinuing its Kore system, it has said. Following speculation on the company's forum, NI has confirmed that, while maintenance updates will be forthcoming for existing users, sales of Kore products will end from today.
A statement on the Kore page of NI's website reads: "Native Instruments has decided to discontinue the Kore product range, in order to utilize its development resources in the best interest of its wider userbase.
"Kore 2 will be supported through further maintenance updates for the time being, with 64-bit plug-in versions of Kore 2 for Windows and Mac OS X currently in development. Technical support for Kore will also continue to be available.
"All owners of the full versions of Kore 1 or Kore 2 (excluding software-only versions) can purchase Maschine at a special crossgrade price of $449 / €399."
When NI launched the first version of Kore in 2006, it was billed as a 'hub' that would enable you to browse all of your plug-ins in one place and tweak them with the Kore hardware controller. Kore 2 was a slightly different proposition: this shipped with 418 sounds of its own, making it a self-contained workstation.
However, this is as far as the Kore story will go; it seems that NI has decided to shift its focus to Maschine, which will have Komplete-specific sound browsing features from version 1.7 (hence the crossgrade offer).
[h4]UPDATE: Native Instruments has now posted a longer statement on its forum. Here's the text in full:[/h4]
In order to utilize its development resources in the best interest of its wider userbase, Native Instruments has decided to discontinue the Kore product range.
As an immediate consequence, Kore 2 and all Kore-based instruments and effects will no longer be offered for sale. The Kore Player will also be no longer available for download.
The Kore 2 software will be supported through further maintenance updates for the time being. Two updates that will optimize the compatibility with current setups are currently in preparation: The first update will integrate the latest engine versions of Absynth 5, FM8, Guitar Rig 4, Massive, Kontakt 4 and Reaktor 5, and is scheduled for the third quarter of this year; a further update will provide 64bit plugin versions for Windows and Mac OS X, and is scheduled for the fourth quarter.
Technical support for Kore will also continue to be available.
Future versions of the Komplete bundle and of individual NI instruments might no longer be fully compatible with Kore, and will not include special preset versions for its sound browser.
Development resources will be refocused from Kore to Maschine and its popular instrument hosting features. Maschine will be enhanced with specific preset management and parameter mapping features for Komplete and individual NI instruments in the upcoming free 1.7 update, and will be further expanded in its role as the central NI instruments host in the future.
Owners of the full versions of Kore 1 or Kore 2 (excluding software-only versions) who are interested in Maschine can purchase a special crossgrade price of $449 / €399 until the end of the year.

Old 11th June 2011
Deleted e26361f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted Userb ➡️
Tons of money spent on KORE packs here.

Tons of time labelling my KORE sounds with native and hw synths here.

Conclusion: Software industry CANNOT be trusted. Just one more reason to embrace STANDALONE HARDWARE.

Nice going Native Instruments. **** you so much too.

Sorry, what happened?
Old 11th June 2011
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Have they stopped support or are they just not developing it further?
Old 11th June 2011 | Show parent
m127b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator ➡️
Sorry, what happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimikOctopus ➡️
Have they stopped support or are they just not developing it further?
edited above.

Deleted e26361f
Oh ****

KVR: NI Kore Product Range Discontinued

NI Kore Discontinued

'Native Instruments has decided to discontinue the KORE product range, in order to utilize its development resources in the best interest of its wider userbase.'
[sic]

... Utilise their resources to license third-party sample libraries & knock-out some more Reaktor Ensembles branded as new soft-synths.

As an aside, what happened to the p***ing monkey & thumbsup smilies?
Old 11th June 2011
Deleted e26361f
Quote:
Just one more reason to embrace STANDALONE HARDWARE.
Too right.

I wish I could have back all the money I've wasted on NI & other crappy software.

So naive.
m127b
That is why simply buying an XV-3080 for 200 USD is SO MUCH value for your money. Really... FINALLY I see the light regarding the value and importance of HW...

It was obvious, but it's now suddenly being rubbed on my face by reality itself in an undeniable manner.

Wonderful. I only wasted about 700 USD and TONS of time (as an early adopter of both versions and several KORE packs).

700 USD for a good lesson? Mmmh, a bit expensive, but I did learn. Thanks for wasting my time Native Instruments tutt

I will remember this.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Too right.

I wish I could have back all the money I've wasted on NI & other crappy software.

So naive.
what NI stuff did you buy?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
already a thread here about it if you want to chime in

NI Kore Discontinued

edit: there's also 26 pages of discussion about it here

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=141042
Deleted e26361f
Quote:
That is why simply buying an XV-3080 for 200 USD is SO MUCH value for your money. Really... FINALLY I see the light regarding the value and importance of HW...

It was obvious, but it's now suddenly being rubbed on my face by reality itself in an undeniable manner.

Wonderfull. I only wasted about 700 USD (as an early adopter of both versions and several KORE packs).

700 USD for a good lesson? Mmmh, a bit expensive, but I did learn.

Same-as mate... I bought Kore 1, and then upgraded to Kore 2.

I must have spent about a grand & a half on NI products. Komplete was really expensive at the time I purchased it (2006).
Wish I'd bought a Jupiter 8 at the time instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardi Gras ➡️
what NI stuff did you buy?

Komplete 4
Kore 1
Massive
Kore 2
The Finger
'57 Drawbar Organ
Deleted e26361f
Quote:
I must have spent about a grand & a half on NI products.
And they still wont give me useful tech-support.
m127b
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon ➡️

NI Kore Discontinued

Kore discontinuation - NI User Forums

Thanks but I tend to find the people on this specific forum and their posts to be more insightful and/or interesting to me. And the topic is quite related. I hope that's OK with you.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm not sure why people are so surprised, outraged sure, but this is the way of all things in the realm of computers.

This is why I've always gone with hardware over software. I like my things to last longer than the whims of a company. I had a hard enough time pulling the trigger on an ipad, I'd have a really tough time buying Maschine new.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

NI Kore Discontinued

Quote:

NI Kore Discontinued

Quote:

NI Kore Discontinued

see how annoying it is to have many of the same things cluttering up the forum

Quote:

NI Kore Discontinued

and one more for the next page heh

Quote:

NI Kore Discontinued

why does the graphic not show up on my quotes?

and where peeying monkey!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!

Quote:
Thanks but I tend to find the people on this specific forum and their posts to be more insightful and/or interesting to me. And the topic is quite related. I hope that's OK with you.

the 1st link is for a thread on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers ➡️

hereis the link

Quote:

NI Kore Discontinued

do'h
m127b
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

see how annoying it is to have many of the same things cluttering up the forum
Quote:
and one more for the next page heh
Quote:

Quote:
the 1st link is for a thread on this forum
Quote:
hereis the link
Quote:
do'h
Quote:
Quit trolling please.

I post a thread every once in a while.
I would like to discuss the topic with people here interested in the topic. Is that too much to ask?

You are free to ignore it, as I did for the current 50 topics on the main page.

Deleted e26361f
Quote:
wtf?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Quit trolling please.

I post a thread every once in a while.
I would like to discuss the topic with people here interested in the topic. Is that too much to ask?

not at all

here you go

NI Kore Discontinued
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
uh... but why do you consider it wasted?
You will still be able to use it, no? Or do I get something wrong?

Is it possible to sell it? I got it in a bundle with Komplete 5 back then, about 1000 Euros :S

But here the same, will only buy hardware from now on.
Already had that decision before anyway. UAD might be an exception since it's hybrid.

Good bye NI, you were good before you did TOO MUCH.
m127b
Quote:
not at all

here you go

I said "please".

Thank you.

Last edited by Deleted User; 11th June 2011 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: for quoting the right person.
Old 11th June 2011
Tan
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Regardless of the fact that NI no longer wishes to sell or support Kore, why can't you continue to use what you have?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Gearslutz.com App
m127b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch ➡️
uh... but why do you consider it wasted?
Mainly for the time invested in converting and "tagging" my sounds and sound design work to their system. Took ages.

Quote:
But here the same, will only buy hardware from now on.

yeah, they don't realize the damage they cause.

they could have integrated it to Maschine somehow. I know it is technically possible. But no. Screw the users/customers.

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
but you can still use your Kore, no? or am I missing something?
m127b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan ➡️
Regardless of the fact that NI no longer wishes to sell or support Kore, why can't you continue to use what you have?

Cheers

My system tools and workflow are very organized and inter-dependable.
All of my plugins and their sounds, along with their combinations created and/or tagged in KORE will no longer be reliable future-wise.

Anything I do now will depend on sticking to dated computer hw and plugins.

A sound design "platform" (this term they loved to use) is crucial in any serious project/production studio. I mean in terms of consistency in the tools you use, of course.

Windows 8 is coming soon. I have zero confidence the KORE hw drivers will work with it (possibly the sw won't either), and very shortly (comparatively) I will be forced indirectly by NI to make the decision whether to stick to an old OS and hw, etc. or increase the number of computers, etc.

They are expected to be reliable if just per common sense. They were and are aware of the time invested by serious users in KORE. Fact is they did not care.

In summary, such a platform should not be obsolete so soon.

They don't understand we don't buy such a platform for just two sounds or one summer hobby. There's TONS of time invested. My time is my life. I need sw companies to realize people's time and trust is not disposable toilet paper.

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Windows 8 is coming soon. I have zero confidence the KORE hw drivers will work with it (possibly the sw won't either), and very shortly (comparatively) I will be forced by NI to make the decision whether to stick to an old OS and hw, etc. or increase the number of computers, etc.

In summary, a platform should not be obsolete so soon.

Fair enough, well said. I myself will sell it soon, in the hope and assumption there will be enough people who will stick with - hey, maybe Windows XP.
Old 11th June 2011
Tan
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I'm sorry to say that no software company will support legacy software once its gone beyond its means. To think otherwise is just plain rediculous.

These situations will most likely always happen. Remember Windows 3.11?

Although I sympathize with how you feel, what you have works so just go with it.

Next few years, we may even see micro-channel architechure return and then its back to the OS drawing board.

Cheers

PS: I really hate typing on this phone

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

i couldn't care less. i just wanted to let you know where the other rally cries about Kore being cancelled were at so you can add your voice to the chorus.
m127b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan ➡️
I'm sorry to say that no software company will support legacy software once its gone beyond its means. To think otherwise is just plain rediculous.

These situations will most likely always happen. Remember Windows 3.11?

Although I sympathize with how you feel, what you have works so just go with it.

Next few years, we may even see micro-channel architechure return and then its back to the OS drawing board.

Cheers

PS: I really hate typing on this phone

yeah, it's just tough to see tons of hours of your life being thrown in a waste drain like that.

Objectively and pragmatically speaking, there is no point in investing a single minute more into this "platform", but there's still the fact that I will have to, especially figuring out how to get my sound design work out of it, re-routings, re-converting to VST-only spec, etc. ...

Or maybe show the finger to sw and especially NI at once altogether. Problem solved (?).

Tough decision, but in the end there's no company you can trust, or hardly a very few. Either you have to conform and shut the f up, or miss out, etc.

Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
yeah, it's just tough to see tons of hours of your life being thrown in a waste drain like that.

Objectively and pragmatically speaking, there is no point in investing a single minute more into this "platform", but there's still the fact that I will have to, especially figuring out how to get my sound design work out of it, re-routings, re-converting to VST-only spec, etc. ...

Or maybe show the finger to sw and especially NI at once altogether. Problem solved (?).

Tough decision, but in the end there's no company you can trust, or hardly a very few. Either you have to conform and shut the f up, or miss out, etc.

whats the big deal? just continue to use them, and use your current computer as the host for the future. just because something new comes out doesnt mean the old stuff is somehow broken? i mean, you had to know it would be outdated at some point, every software is. but if it works, theres no need to upgrade anything and then itll work just fine!

this whole thing is really silly IMO.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamlive ➡️
whats the big deal? just continue to use them, and use your current computer as the host for the future. just because something new comes out doesnt mean the old stuff is somehow broken? i mean, you had to know it would be outdated at some point, every software is. but if it works, theres no need to upgrade anything and then itll work just fine!

this whole thing is really silly IMO.
we all know that.. and that's certainly one solution.. and NI has said they will do two updates on it and hopefully that means it'll work on whatever the next version of logic is.. but we all know how things go.. update your OS or DAW and all kinds of stuff breaks..

and no one says you have to update but at some point it will be a choice. "do i want all the new shiny features in the new version of my DAW or do i want to keep using my XYZ favorite software that is dead to its maker"

so, silly is kind of harsh.. i mean... what if you spent $2500 on a hardware synth with all kinds of hopes for future updates and upgrades to the OS to ad features etc and then manufacturer said "sorry guys.. we're going to pull our developers off that project for something else.. you'll just have to live with it the way it is"
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
so, silly is kind of harsh.. i mean... what if you spent $2500 on a hardware synth with all kinds of hopes for future updates and upgrades to the OS to ad features etc and then manufacturer said "sorry guys.. we're going to pull our developers off that project for something else.. you'll just have to live with it the way it is"
There's plenty of examples of that too heh
📝 Reply