The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI KORE murdered by Native Instruments
Old 7th July 2011 | Show parent
m127b
Btw, something I don't see people even noticing yet is the fact that the other NI plugin instruments' preset format had been changed to KORESOUND as well.

What the ****.

So even non-owners of KORE will be affected unless they are keeping the koresound format, which is highly unlikely.

they obviously don't use their own products for their productions. So they can just suddenly change their minds and don't give a ****.

Honestly, there are some of us who appreciate our mother****ing time for ****s sake.

They should give away the entire sound collections to affected users AT THE VERY LEAST. Not just some beggar coins out of who knows what

Deleted e26361f
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundWeavers ➡️
Simonator, you got free stuff worth $150+ and you are not thankful a bit? If you buy into a digital format (software dependent hardware, hardware dependent software) it's only a matter of time before it is outdated, and possibly discontinued, that's how it is, either get on with it or stay analog. But complaining on free stuff is not even childish, I don't know what to call it.

You totally misunderstood-

I'm not complaining about the free stuff; I happily accepted it.

I'm raising issue with your gushing about it being a 'grand gesture' and how no other company would be 'so generous'... when obviously they have not done this out of kindness; they've done it because it will increase their profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundWeavers ➡️
And if you look at my post, they comp'd me an upgrade Komplete3 to Komplete4, that's not generous?
That is totally standard... just about every software company will do this if you'd purchased within a certain period before an update.
Deleted e26361f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted Userb ➡️
They should give away the entire sound collections to affected users AT THE VERY LEAST. Not just some beggar coins out of who knows what
This.
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quit trolling please.

I post a thread every once in a while.
I would like to discuss the topic with people here interested in the topic. Is that too much to ask?

You are free to ignore it, as I did for the current 50 topics on the main page.

Lmfaoooo,funny man

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonator ➡️
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not... but it's hardly a 'grand gesture'.
It's not an ugly gesture.
Look, serious now. there is a useby date for everything. It had to end someday.
I'll pay you $50 via PayPal for the three vouchers.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yep- if you read from post #163 above... that's why this thread got bumped today... but then it got sidetracked back to the same arguments.
hha! sorry about that.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousbass ➡️
So you have a Kore not a Kore 2 controller?
My Kore controller died a few years ago out of warranty. The reseller swapped me the then new Kore 2 for delivery charges only. I kept the Kore software which was redundant anyway. I wasn't over the moon but it cost me less than half a new Kore 2. Stuff breaks. I think you better borrow and try another Kore 1 or 2 controller asap just in case.
famousbass:
I have Kore2 and the Kore2 Controller. I've had it since I bought Komplete5. So that's about $1500 total of NI SW/HW plus some soundpaks.
The Kore2 Controller is not working now for some reason since doing the updated 3.0 driver.
I suspect there's something wrong with the controller as it is not recognized by Win7 on any USB port and the Kore controller display is blank but lit up red as are the knobs....
So I'm wondering if NI would fix the controller for free or if not what sort of cost they might charge...
At one time I liked NI but lately it just seems all this stuff is falling apart...
restpause
Damn, i'm kind of bummed that even the Kore SoundPacks for Kore Player got shafted. I was looking forward to some discount prices of those but I guess it won't be happening.

I feel bad for the sound designers who slaved away making those packs. I hope they got paid well.
Deleted e26361f
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousbass ➡️
I'll pay you $50 via PayPal for the three vouchers.
I already spent them.

Besides, I don't think it would have been feasible anyway; against the t&c's, vouchers are linked to user. Since you need to log-in to shop to use voucher, I think their system would recognise that the codes do not match the username.
Even if I'd downloaded them & transfered them to you by email, I'm sure they are copy protected & wouldn't register.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmukilteo ➡️
famousbass:
I have Kore2 and the Kore2 Controller. I've had it since I bought Komplete5. So that's about $1500 total of NI SW/HW plus some soundpaks.
The Kore2 Controller is not working now for some reason since doing the updated 3.0 driver.
I suspect there's something wrong with the controller as it is not recognized by Win7 on any USB port and the Kore controller display is blank but lit up red as are the knobs....
So I'm wondering if NI would fix the controller for free or if not what sort of cost they might charge...
At one time I liked NI but lately it just seems all this stuff is falling apart...
Mine did the blank but lit red screen and working lit knobs thing.
Mine was diagnosed as the controller.
I'm sure there's a local music store that has one on display where you are.
Or ebay. They're dropping in price I believe.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I already spent them.

Besides, I don't think it would have been feasible anyway; against the t&c's, vouchers are linked to user. Since you need to log-in to shop to use voucher, I think their system would recognise that the codes do not match the username.
Even if I'd downloaded them & transfered them to you by email, I'm sure they are copy protected & wouldn't register.
Good point.
I know the voucher and DL is Owner email based but all that's needed after is a serial number to authorise through the Service Centre so you could gift the link and code if you wanted. It's still protected and belongs to whoever registers the auth code with NI.
Still wanna try?
Cheers

🎧 10 years
Actually, the owner of the product can authorise it's use on multiple computers by logging into their Service Centre from that computer and authorising the NI product.
I've been told by NI.
The reason is I checked is I own three Macs, that's why I asked.
Anyone could own multiple computers, one in the studio, a laptop and one at home office. It's a very common scenario these days.

🎧 10 years
Semi-related to all this: I bought Komplete 7 a few months ago, but didn't install it yet......Kore being discontinued happened in the process of me setting up my computer and so I decided to wait on installation of K7 so I would have the voucher available in case any of the Kore soundpacks came back. Note: I do not own Kore 2.

I plan on making ambient music (some of it quite dark and eerie sounding), some video game sounding music ala Silent Hill, and I figured (originally, before Kore was discontinued) that it would be best to get Paranormal Spectrums. So now I have the option of either: installing K7, cashing in the voucher for Paranormal Spectrums, and using the Kore Player.....or, my revised idea (post Kore discontinuation), which is to wait a little longer, save up some money, and use the voucher on the Evolve Mutations Bundle, which is Kontakt Powered. Considering what I'm going for, which of the two options I presented would be the better choice?
restpause
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire ➡️
Semi-related to all this: I bought Komplete 7 a few months ago, but didn't install it yet......Kore being discontinued happened in the process of me setting up my computer and so I decided to wait on installation of K7 so I would have the voucher available in case any of the Kore soundpacks came back. Note: I do not own Kore 2.

I plan on making ambient music (some of it quite dark and eerie sounding), some video game sounding music ala Silent Hill, and I figured (originally, before Kore was discontinued) that it would be best to get Paranormal Spectrums. So now I have the option of either: installing K7, cashing in the voucher for Paranormal Spectrums, and using the Kore Player.....or, my revised idea (post Kore discontinuation), which is to wait a little longer, save up some money, and use the voucher on the Evolve Mutations Bundle, which is Kontakt Powered. Considering what I'm going for, which of the two options I presented would be the better choice?
I don't think anything is coming back. Get what you can from what is around now and what will hopefully be around in the future.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I already spent them.

I believe that is incorrect.

I have re-sold Kore sound packs before. Contact NI, give up your license, sell the sound pack, and the new owner contacts NI to download the installer and get a new license.

Resale of software is one of the nice things with NI since they don't charge a transfer fee. But contact them first. NI seems to be a company in transition.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Btw, something I don't see people even noticing yet is the fact that the other NI plugin instruments' preset format had been changed to KORESOUND as well.

What the ****.

So even non-owners of KORE will be affected unless they are keeping the koresound format, which is highly unlikely.

they obviously don't use their own products for their productions. So they can just suddenly change their minds and don't give a ****.

Honestly, there are some of us who appreciate our mother****ing time for ****s sake.

The KSD format will be discontinued together with Kore. However. NI has stated that Absynth, FM8 and Massive will move to a new format. Reaktor, Battery and Kontakt had and will keep their own format. Once the transition is made, opening one of these 3 the first time will convert their entire preset library to the new format. They will sound exactly the same as they did as KSD. There will also be a batch converter that you can use to manually change presets. This new format will also be integrated into Maschine so that you can browse them in the announced 1.7 update for Maschine.

The KSD format together with the integrated synthengines are at the foundation for their decision to discontinue Kore. It's to be expected that they would change it for something a lot less labor intensive.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
At first I was all excited because the email seemed like we were getting three free soundpacks, now I just see it's a half off deal. So really what NI is doing it wringing a few more drops out of the ol' rag before they toss it in the trash. I guess it's better than nothing.

Is there any way to hear the demo tracks? I can't find any of them on NI site any more.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➡️
At first I was all excited because the email seemed like we were getting three free soundpacks, now I just see it's a half off deal. So really what NI is doing it wringing a few more drops out of the ol' rag before they toss it in the trash. I guess it's better than nothing.

Is there any way to hear the demo tracks? I can't find any of them on NI site any more.
Too late.

Have you got a memory for faces?
Good, because there's no mirror in the bathroom.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➡️

All of the SoundPaks that are listed in the NI online store for download that use the email coupon vouchers are free not half off.
I got $177.00 worth of SoundPaks for free!
One thing they did is drop the price on certain Paks to $59. The SoundPaks originally ranged in price from $59-$119.
Old 8th July 2011 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroidmist ➡️
I don't think anything is coming back. Get what you can from what is around now and what will hopefully be around in the future.
.....the Kore soundpacks are available til July 31st.....and I don't think the Evolve Mutations Bundle is going away anytime soon....
Old 18th January 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Original Kore Media

Well NI is making it difficult for me to transfer my Kore system to another user. Does anyone have the original Kore I install media they would be willing to make an image of for me or post online? I can give you a spot where you upload it to if necessary. I only have my Kore II media and in order for the new user to complete the registration they have to install the original Kore first, register it, then install the Kore II package.

Also I didn't realize this but all the sound packs I downloaded are non transferrable. Same goes for downloadable add ons for Maschine, Guitar Rig, and probably some Kore stuff. Good to know before you drop your cash on them. That is several hundred dollars I will never be able to get some cash back on.

ARGH!

Paul
Old 17th February 2012 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
+1 with OP
Disposable gear, consumerism, market....all bullshit!!!

They were no reasonable meaning about dumping KORE, they just had to enhance it again and again. It was powerful , unique, and something we dug into.

I sold my Kore and Komplete and guess what happened ?
I changed my mind considering NI didn't care about musicians and i don't use NI plugins anymore, not even cracked versions.

I abandoned NI like they left their customers dead on the floor after the rape. heh

But in no way i will ever buy NI stuff again. Especially hardware related stuff with programmed obsolescence. I learned the lesson.
It is not accceptable for a company to lost a customer, they can't afford it for a long time.

Take Renoise, i bought it 5 years ago and i'm still using it...it has only been enhanced since the first day.
With constant care and interest to musicians who use it.
I bought it on version 1.9 and i can update it until 2.9. My renoise license will probably stand 6 or 7 years total.
And i will buy it again when my license expires.
That's a fair and good way of doing business.

Not exactly identical to NI's care of consumers (i hate this word).
Old 17th February 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam an huel ➡️
+1 with OP
Disposable gear, consumerism, market....all bullshit!!!

They were no reasonable meaning about dumping KORE, they just had to enhance it again and again. It was powerful , unique, and something we dug into.

I sold my Kore and Komplete and guess what happened ?
I changed my mind considering NI didn't care about its customers and i don't use NI plugins anymore, not even cracked versions.

I abandoned NI like they left their customers dead on the floor after the rape. heh

But in no way i will ever buy NI stuff again. Especially hardware related stuff with programmed obsolescence. I learned the lesson.

It is not accceptable for a company to lost a customer, they can't afford it for a long time.
Your life will be better for it!
I'm done with NI and my life without it is just grand!
All of this digital software and hardware will become obsolete someday anyway....it's not like it's stuff that will go on forever. Everything in the electronics world becomes obsolete eventually.
Companies like NI and all the others know that and there business is to get money for what they have available now....they don't really care about you after that.,,,that's not really practical anyway....
Look at people who bought Protools system 10 years ago....tens of thousands of dollars spent....it's obsolete and many people feel stupid because today you could get the same thing or better for a couple thousand..
If you bought a "powerful" computer in the 80's for $4K-$5K dollars....you either don't have it anymore or it's sitting in a closet and you wouldn't even think about using it today....you wouldn't want to wait that long for it to boot up or load a program....and it wouldn't do much for you even if it eventually did start up! So it's really inevitable your going to be disappointed in technology and electronics for as long as continue to buy it....and this applies to almost anything you buy nowadays....!!!
Buy what you want to make music now, be happy with it....use it up quickly because your gonna want to buy the next big "deal" in the future or you'll be doing something completely unrelated to using NI audio software.
Old 6th October 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m127b ➡️
Tons of money spent on KORE and KORE packs here.
Tons of time labelling my KORE sounds with native and hw synths here.
Tons of time accomodating my studio for such important device and its intricacies.

A couple days ago, Native Instruments announced they simply killed KORE. Just some release left = you are on your own.

Conclusion: Software industry CANNOT be trusted. Just one more reason to embrace STANDALONE HARDWARE.

Nice going Native Instruments. **** you so much too.

And yeah, someone is going to come up very soon with: it's a business (means> "**** the users"). To those USERS, I only say: Congrats, let us know how high your NI stock goes.

And sorry in advance for the great sin of denouncing something that I believe is very wrong.

They don't understand we don't buy such a platform for just two sounds or one summer hobby. There's TONS of time invested. My time is my life. I need sw companies to realize people's time and trust is not disposable toilet paper.

If they were interested in actual musicians, they would come up with Kore 3

Not sure what the equal to Kore might be.

Anyone??
Old 6th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
NI Kore murdered by Native Instruments
Didn’t read this old 2011 thread what popped up today, but...

my KORE 2 is still alive in my Ableton Live 9 environment.

Love the North India KorePack. There is the best Sarod you can find in the plugin market !

But it’s true, it’s a shame NI discontinued KORE, there is nothing similar...
Deleted 3773a21
NI KORE murdered by Native Instruments-e0fcaccf-5d8c-4526-802d-4d6ae80fdf21.jpg
Man reading that physically hurts, he really should have bought that Jupiter 8
Attached Thumbnails
NI KORE murdered by Native Instruments-e0fcaccf-5d8c-4526-802d-4d6ae80fdf21.jpg  
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyrichards ➡️

Anyone??
New Sonic Arts Freestyle. Made by James Walker Hall, Kore 2 product designer.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➡️
New Sonic Arts Freestyle. Made by James Walker Hall, Kore 2 product designer.
Just had a look at their website but not in detail...
https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle-suite.php

I think it’s quite different to KORE isn’t it?

KORE is not only the software. Together with the controller it’s a powerful sound performance tool. I don’t know anything what can do what KORE can do.

But I’m not up to date about all the new vst plugin stuff...
Deleted 9c61fe2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyrichards ➡️
If they were interested in actual musicians, they would come up with Kore 3

Anyone??
Kore, unless you are on MacOS, it is still working fine and 64bit.
Old 6th October 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
It actually also still works on macOS (but gotta disable SIP to run the installer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandro Ji ➡️
I think it’s quite different to KORE isn’t it?
There's a lot of Kore DNA in there. You can chain plugins however you want, process MIDI, process audio, actually supports multiple outputs from plugins (something Kore didn't do), has macros and morphing between macro states... that's all inherited from Kore.
📝 Reply