Quantcast
SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions - Page 75 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SCSI for samplers, tips & solutions
Old 3rd February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
What an awesome resource. Thanks for this!
Old 3rd February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
EDIT: Responding to Ghettohead

There can be 8 SCSI devices on the chain. If you want to configure it so that only one sampler accesses a hard drive at any one time, I would assign the same SCSI ID to all the samplers (I don't know if it's fixed on the samplers you have). So let's say you assign the SCSI ID of 3 to all the samplers. This means on your SCSI2SD you can have 4 hard drives (if v5.x) or 7 hard drives available (v6).

So say you have v5 card with 4 devices available, you could assign in the SCSI2SD utility the Yamaha SCSI ID 0 (8GB), the Akai SCSI ID 1 (~100MB) and the MPC SCSI ID 2 (don't know what the maximum hard drive it can take). You can probably assign the last SCSI ID 4 for use by the Akai (~100MB).

Plug all the samplers into the switch box, then connect the Yamaha to the SCSI2SD device. Format the SCSI ID 0 hard drive, and now you have SCSI ID 0 as a Yamaha hard drive.

Once completed, connect the Akai S950 to the SCSI2SD device through the switch box, then format SCSI ID 1 hard drive, and now you have SCSI ID 1 as an Akai hard drive.

Do the same for SCSI ID 2 for the MPC, and now you have three SCSI hard drives each formatted for the specific sampler.

Repeat for any more spare SCSI IDs you have.

Let me know how you go. I have a switch box, but I haven't used it as I am still a bit wary of disconnecting SCSI devices while things are powered up, but other people seem to have it work without blowning any SCSI fuses.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi

Hope someone can help

I think i bricked my SCSI2SD

I stupidly flashed v 5.2 on a v 5.1 card and now its wont get recognised by my Akai S6000

Is there anyway of downgrading to fix it

Thanks
📝 Reply