problem about yamaha qy-70 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
problem about yamaha qy-70
Old 29th November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
problem about yamaha qy-70

hi guys I got a problem with my qy-70

it stop on the start screen when I'm trying to turn this thing on.

its freeze !! when the QY70 Logo is appearing after the a little motion graphic on the opening scene

and I can't do nothing it just freeze like that, and when I turn this thing off and on again

It hangs at the same spot.

does anybody here come across this situation ????

sorry for my english I'm from thailand.
Old 1st December 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
any one ????
Old 1st December 2009 | Show parent
Oli
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by debahcon ➡️
any one ????
Wish I could help, but never even seen that unit. It may be worth describing the history of the unit, though.

Have you tried Yamaha support?

BTW, it seems you are doing pretty well with your English. I used to teach English as a foreign language in China. I traveled through Bangkok a couple of times, and really enjoyed being there. I'm going back for a holiday next year. It's everything my home town isn't. It seems a lot of Thai people speak functional English too, which makes travel rather convenient.

Good luck with your search.
Old 7th December 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
hi

i have just got a QY70 and have been enjoying using it for about 2 weeks - exactly the same thing you have described has just happened to mine too :-O

please tell me you have a magic way to sort it out!

thanks!
Old 7th December 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
hey :D

i've just been diggin around on the net and have found a way to sort it out.

system restore. there is a link on the yamaha site teling you how to do it..

Gearslutz.com - Reply to Topic
Yamaha Corporation of America - FAQDetail

[h1]Sequencers & Data Filers[/h1]

[h2]QY70 Factory Reset Procedure[/h2]
WARNING: All user-stored data will be deleted. If the current settings and data are not expendable, create a backup before executing the Factory Reset. This can be done by performing a ''Bulk Dump'' to an external MIDI storage device.

Reference: Owner's Manual, p. 225 1) Power on while holding the [SONG], [PATTERN] and [>>] FORWARD buttons simultaneously. A diagnostics screen will appear.

2) Release the buttons and press the [F3] button (third button down on the right side of the screen).

unfortunalty anything you have not already 'bulk dumped' will be lost...as i have just discovered :(

but YAY! at least its working again!

:D hope i helped! xx
Old 5th October 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Stain's QY70. Thanks for this! Same thing happened to mine but I did this, perfik!

Same thing happened to my QY 70. I did what is described below and it's now fine. One thing I found is that the keyboard membrane gets a bit mucky & it was necessary to take the thing apart and gently clean the PCB, where it makes contact with the rubber keys. Best thing to use is probably distilled water and a Jaycloth. Stain.
QUOTE=pellyway;4860654]hey :D

i've just been diggin around on the net and have found a way to sort it out.

system restore. there is a link on the yamaha site teling you how to do it..

Gearslutz.com - Reply to Topic
Yamaha Corporation of America - FAQDetail

[h1]Sequencers & Data Filers[/h1]

[h2]QY70 Factory Reset Procedure[/h2]
WARNING: All user-stored data will be deleted. If the current settings and data are not expendable, create a backup before executing the Factory Reset. This can be done by performing a ''Bulk Dump'' to an external MIDI storage device.

Reference: Owner's Manual, p. 225 1) Power on while holding the [SONG], [PATTERN] and [>>] FORWARD buttons simultaneously. A diagnostics screen will appear.

2) Release the buttons and press the [F3] button (third button down on the right side of the screen).

unfortunalty anything you have not already 'bulk dumped' will be lost...as i have just discovered :(

but YAY! at least its working again!

:D hope i helped! xx[/QUOTE]
Old 12th November 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hey, I recently bought one of these at a second-hand dealer for $80 AUD. Took it home thinking hmmm it prob doesn't work. Turns out the on-board keyboard was not working. I was mortified till I saw this post, followed the instructions, and now have it fully functional! Thanks heaps
Old 22nd December 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
QY70 sequencer freeze problem

Hi I'm a new member to this site and I know this topic was covered before. My QY70 freezes up with the QY70 logo. I've tried following the instructions of simultaneously pressing on SONG, PATTERN & >>> buttons but I get nothing but the same logo. I don't know what to do. Is there another troubleshooting option??????

Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
same problem for me

Same problem for me but the last post was immediately helpful for me.

My QY70 was freezing up with the QY70 logo. I've tried to POWER it ON holding pressed the [SONG] + [PATTERN] + [>>] buttons and so i got another screen which was asking me to doing something, so these are the options:
F1: AUTO
F2: MANUAL
F3: Factory Set
F4: Exit

I simply pressed the third button on the right of the screen (F3) and so i got the device reset with factory defaults.
📝 Reply