Quantcast
Should I sell my Poly Evolver or Virus TI for a Voyager - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Should I sell my Poly Evolver or Virus TI for a Voyager
Old 2nd December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
i have all three synths and they're all fantastic in their own right. for most of my productions, i end up using software because i'm lazy. if you have the virus and the poly and like their sounds, the voyager WILL give you something completely different than these two. the virus is a massive workhorse with incredible depth, the poly is a really unique sounding synth, but the voyager is just so round and delicious. having all three really is nice.. but with that said, if you're looking to keeping your current synths, i'd highly recommend picking up fxpansion's d-cam synth squad to hold you over until you can save up for that voyager. especially with you getting a new more powerful machine, i think you will be reaching for software MUCH more than you're expecting. my 8 core is going on two years this january, and it is still shocking how much **** i can run on it.

everyone in this thread will give you their own personal opinions, but you should really consider what you think about your current setup and how adding the more powerful computer is going to affect your workflow. i personally would recommend keeping your ti & poly and saving up for the voyager. yes, it sounds better than the d-cam stuff, but it will definitely satisfy you until you have enough scrap to spring for the voyager.
📝 Reply