Quantcast
Transient Modulator VS SPL Transient Designer VS Logic Enveloper - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Transient Modulator VS SPL Transient Designer VS Logic Enveloper
Old 25th November 2009
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Transient Modulator VS SPL Transient Designer VS Logic Enveloper

I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to play with the three of these

Sonnox Transient Modulator
SPL Transient Designer
Logic Envelope

I really like the SPL stuff, and the Sonnox stuff isnt to bad (I hear a lot of good stuff about them) and then the stock plug in Logic.

Would love to hear peoples opinions.
Old 25th November 2009
Eno
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I haven't heard the Sonnox or Logic plugs but the SPL transient designer is something else. the controls are basic with attack and sustain but what it does to sounds is incredible. Theres some genius in there for sure. Sonically it really transforms sounds, take a crap snare and make it into an electro beast of a snare , hi hats not working, sculpt the sustain so its leading perfectly into the snare hits. I've lost count of the number of times it has come to the rescue on dull sounds in a mix, and it can affect the groove in musical ways as well by adjusting the attack and sustain without having to nudge material around. Excellent on hats, snares , rhthymic elements , haven't heard anything bad about it , just good reviews. not sure if there is a demo but check it out. peace.
Old 25th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I don't have the Sonnox and just have an SPL Attacker, but I do have the Logic and various other brands of envelopers (or whatever you want to call them. transient modulators?).

Ok..

I'd rate Logic last as far as sound but seeing the shape you are applying is helpful. I still grab it and insert it sometimes.

Stillwell Audio Transient Monster is next - Can initiate oversampling. Less features but doesn't sound super brittle.

Flux Bittersweet II - You can only adjust the attack but there are also some M/S functions. Considering this is free, I think you should download it. Sounds pretty good.

SPL Attacker - not flexible at all but the sound is there. Also got this one for free. Don't think I would've bought it considering all of my other options are far more flexible.

Voxengo Transgainer - Wow. Love the sound and the most options out of my choices. Would love to put this head to head vs. the Sonnox but considering the price, the choice was pretty easy for me.

Attack and sustain reshaping audio plugin - TransGainer - Voxengo
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eno โžก๏ธ
I haven't heard the Sonnox or Logic plugs but the SPL transient designer is something else. the controls are basic with attack and sustain but what it does to sounds is incredible. Theres some genius in there for sure. Sonically it really transforms sounds, take a crap snare and make it into an electro beast of a snare , hi hats not working, sculpt the sustain so its leading perfectly into the snare hits. I've lost count of the number of times it has come to the rescue on dull sounds in a mix, and it can affect the groove in musical ways as well by adjusting the attack and sustain without having to nudge material around. Excellent on hats, snares , rhthymic elements , haven't heard anything bad about it , just good reviews. not sure if there is a demo but check it out. peace.
WOW im droolin after what you said LOL. Im going to have to check this out. Are you using UAD 1 or 2?
Im still on PPC with UAD 1 and I have read that some of the new UAD Plugs do not work to well on a UAD 1 card.
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop โžก๏ธ
I don't have the Sonnox and just have an SPL Attacker, but I do have the Logic and various other brands of envelopers (or whatever you want to call them. transient modulators?).

Ok..

I'd rate Logic last as far as sound but seeing the shape you are applying is helpful. I still grab it and insert it sometimes.

Stillwell Audio Transient Monster is next - Can initiate oversampling. Less features but doesn't sound super brittle.

Flux Bittersweet II - You can only adjust the attack but there are also some M/S functions. Considering this is free, I think you should download it. Sounds pretty good.

SPL Attacker - not flexible at all but the sound is there. Also got this one for free. Don't think I would've bought it considering all of my other options are far more flexible.

Voxengo Transgainer - Wow. Love the sound and the most options out of my choices. Would love to put this head to head vs. the Sonnox but considering the price, the choice was pretty easy for me.

Attack and sustain reshaping audio plugin - TransGainer - Voxengo

thanks yea the Attacker is pretty dope, Im going to demo this Voxengo. Thanks for the 411.
๐Ÿ“ Reply