Quantcast
mpc 60 or 3000 cv gate - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
mpc 60 or 3000 cv gate
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
mpc 60 or 3000 cv gate

Do you think there are any techs out there that could convert the the audio outs into gate cv outputs?
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
its really a good question
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Maybe, but it is a waste IMO. it would be cheaper and more flexible to get midi to cv converters. 8 outs into CV gate is only 4 channels of midi to CV, so any quad interface would do, only cost you a few hundred. That conversion would take a lot of time and modification, and essentially would ruin a great machine.
Old 23rd November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
sample accurate Cv gate combined with a great sampler sequencer sounds better than tacking on a sloppy midi converter.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I actually use the 8 outs as triggers for my drum modules.

I have used the outs to trigger an arpeggiators trigger input.

I have used the outs to trigger my sherman filterbanks env trigger inputs.

I typically just set up a rim shot... shorten it to 0 and raise the volume and it triggers ALL KINDs of things. It's great!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
sounds good
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I hear you, but I believe the audio outs are only accessible from the sample memory, when ideally you would want sequence data (which is midi already) converted to voltage out of the 8 outs, or you want to manipulate raw voltage data with the sequencer, seems like a good idea, I wonder how you would get the sequencer to edit raw audio output? I think it would be easier as a new device in terms of editing.
There definitly need to be more CV samplers
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I was wanting to try to get my mpc2000xl to output SPDIF to a MOTU 828mk3 and use the MOTU to output CV. Alas the digital output is busted on my mpc :(

The 60 and 3000 do not have SPDIF out though either AFAIK.
Old 24th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleestack ➑️
sample accurate Cv gate combined with a great sampler sequencer sounds better than tacking on a sloppy midi converter.
i have a kenton pro2K and i wouldn't call it sloppy at all. works great. snappy even..

but if you want something better check out the signal arts tetra maps. i had the earlier version which is quite similar and it's the best midi/CV converter i've ever used and you can use or ignore its internal sequencer if you like. the older one is 3 channels plus clock etc and the new one is 4 channels of CV/Gate (32 midi channels). quite deep and capable sequencer and will work FLAWLESSLY as a midi to CV converters... so hook up your MPC or whatever you like and go have fun... but they aren't cheap.. though i'm sure it's not any more expensive than modding an MPPC3000 and getting a motu interface etc...

Signal Arts Home

there's an older model on ebay FS now and it looks like the same model i had.. just an FYI

Signal Arts MAPS Sequencer - eBay (item 280427932546 end time Nov-29-09 20:15:19 PST)

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I hear the Signal Arts is a nightmare to program and its buggy.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
shame the Sequentix Cirklon won't have a 12 bit sampler . It sounds like the ideal sequencer
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I hear the Signal Arts is a nightmare to program and its buggy.
i agree it's no fun to program and the manual as it existed a few years ago was a joke but it was never ever buggy and the midi cv converter is the best i've ever used which is the only reason i mentioned it because that seemed to be what the OP might find useful.

some people to find the sequencer intuitive and very jammable. i wasn't one of those people. but it was never ever buggy. always worked perfectly.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
shame the Sequentix Cirklon won't have a 12 bit sampler . It sounds like the ideal sequencer
some people are having success recording CV into the elektron machinedrum
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Id like to know more about that, do you go to the machine drum forums?
Old 25th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I guess what I really want is Volta and a mac. I thought people would be more excited about it actually. Kind of like Obama's presidency. I hope it, Volta, gets more support and more updates
πŸ“ Reply