The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
eventide h-8000 fw or eventide eclipse
Old 3rd December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by surflounge ➡️
the H8000 connects directly to alien intelligence
Hm, might be the best selling point I've seen yet. How are the delays?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonlux ➡️
the formant-aware UltraShifter algo, which is only found on modular-level Eventides. This algo is tops for voice work, as its degree of natural timbre is peerless.
How would you describe UltraShifter? How does it compare to Melodyne? Less artifacts? More radical pitch/formant changes?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The delays are second to none, IMO. You've got your basic (tap) stuff, but also a whole slew of filtered delays for extra color... and the there are really esoteric things like bouncing ball ringmod delays that really set your heart on fire. Of course you can run a delay on processor A and then route it through another killer patch on processor B to really take it out of this world... and the reverbs are KILLER for alien atmospherics.

As for the quality of the shifters VS melodyne, I can't quite say. I've never used the plugin. But I've found the H8000 to be nothing but delightful in this regard.

Sad to say, I'm about to sell my H8000FW to pay some bills... I doubt I'll be able to get another one for a verrrrrrrry long time :-/ If anyone's interested, PM me!
Old 4th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by author ➡️
Which Apogee? heh
Their AD16
Old 27th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius ➡️
huge.

the h8000 is a BEAST. you get a million presets, lot's of surround sound presets, better converters.. the most flexible routing of any hardware box on the planet.. 12 channels via FW (or AES) to/from your computer (though only 8 processed).. you can simultaneously route signals to all the i/o using the really simple routing app downloadable from eventide's site. it has 2 independent DSP's that can be treated as separate units or combined when you need a mega amount of CPU..

basically the H8000FW is the top of the heap.... it's dense, very user configurable and has endless algo's for you to play with and if you are savy you can roll your own using the Vsig editor though it's not very fun to do.
I agree.
📝 Reply