The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which drum machines do you own?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklewitch ➡️
Boss DR-202: I love the lo-fi late 90s sounds and how many of them there (incomplete 606 and 707 kits though). And every sound is tweakable and I cam save custom kits. I actually quite like the sequencer and it can drive other gear as well.
The Dr-202 was my first drum machine, I had it coupled with the sp-202. I remember really getting deep into the step sequencer and it also had the 1 midi sequencer track which I always wished more drum machines had for sequencing a bass synth. Motion recording as well and battery operated! Nice piece but ya, I remember it sounded like the drums were coming out of a cardboard box, lots of hiss too. I added the Dx-200 to the mix and that was such a sweet setup for young me at the time😀.
Dedicated Drum machines I now own:
Rytm mk1
Tempest
DrumTraks
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Right now the only drum machine I own is the Alesis SR-16, but I don't like the sounds that much, and don't even use its sequencing capabilities, so I'll sell it in the very near future - if I'll want the Alesis sounds sometime in the future I'll just get a D4 - but if we're counting everything that can work as a drum machine then I have the Yamaha PSR-S710, PSR-90 and PSS-560 as well - all arranger keyboards, though calling the PSS-560 (and chiefly the PSR-90) "just" an arranger is an understatement (I use the first mostly as a sequencer - should probably get a ""cheap"" Tyros 2 for the aftertouch but otherwise it suits my needs quite well).
I don't have any dedicated drum modules (but I very much want some) - still berate myself for missing on a cheap (though all early 90's drum racks here are very cheap) Yamaha RM50 though.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Speaking my language..

I've got...
Korg Volca Beats and Sample
Korg Electribe ER-1 and ES-1
Korg DDD-1, DDD-5
BOSS DR-202 and SP-202
Roland TR-506, CR-1000
Behringer RD-6, RD-8(606 and 808, duh)
Zoom ST-224 and RT-234
Alesis HR-16
Mattel Syntronik
Yamaha DD-5, SU-200
PO-133 (Street fighter model, so fun)

Additionally, I've got what some people call a "problem" 🤣🤣
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

need to update .. now also have a Roland T-8

Which drum machines do you own?-t8.jpeg

others
yamaha rx 5
korg electribe sx (sd card) blue metal
korg ddd1
korg volca beats
behringer rd-6
yamaha multi 12
roland td-30
akai mpc one
Attached Thumbnails
Which drum machines do you own?-t8.jpeg  
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Update to include Boss DR-110

New list, including vintage "character" and usage
Roland R70 (broken - outputs very low, tech couldn't find root cause)
Boss DR-110 (need to mod it to add dinsync, looks easy. Might also add external mod box to free up it's inner monster)
Roland TR-606 - stashed in cupboard, comes out on special occasions. Want to add external mod box to turn into monster. Appears to be almost NOS it's so perfect
Roland TR-707 - always on, din socket not working in either direction, but syncs fine over midi. Tech can fix easily - think it's just a trace to the pins
Roland TR-727 - stashed in cupboard, comes out special occasions for some latin love
Roland TR-808 - always on, working perfectly
Roland TR-909 - always on, working perfectly, serviced last year to clean up pots and revert to earlier factory revision with better hats and stick
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno ➡️
Update to include Boss DR-110

New list, including vintage "character" and usage
Boss DR-110 (need to mod it to add dinsync, looks easy. Might also add external mod box to free up it's inner monster)
Roland TR-606 - stashed in cupboard, comes out on special occasions. Want to add external mod box to turn into monster. Appears to be almost NOS it's so perfect
Roland TR-707 - always on, din socket not working in either direction, but syncs fine over midi. Tech can fix easily - think it's just a trace to the pins
Roland TR-727 - stashed in cupboard, comes out special occasions for some latin love
Roland TR-808 - always on, working perfectly
Roland TR-909 - always on, working perfectly, serviced last year to clean up pots and revert to earlier factory revision with better hats and stick
I had a problem with my R70 where one output was lower in volume than the other. I fixed it by replacing the volume slide potentiometer. Sounds like you may have the same issue. The part can be found on Syntaur and is easy to replace if you’re handy with a soldering iron..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman672 ➡️
I had a problem with my R70 where one output was lower in volume than the other. I fixed it by replacing the volume slide potentiometer. Sounds like you may have the same issue. The part can be found on Syntaur and is easy to replace if you’re handy with a soldering iron..
Sadly not, it’s all the outputs (virtually inaudible) and there doesn’t seem to be a clear single component failure - tech tested the DAC etc - not much info around except other people have had the same fate!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno ➡️
This machine was all over my work in the mid-90s. Really great machine sound-wise and the UI was OK once you got the hang of it.

Hope you get it fixed. Sounds like some component failures in the analog output stages.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeah thanks - I was my second machine when I traded up from a DR660 roughly in 1997. I absolutely loved it!
📝 Reply