The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What was the reason that the whole OASYS project failed??
Old 27th May 2010 | Show parent
Shy
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaomega ➡️
After all this is what Korg is great at lately; Marketing, building cheapo synths that are worse in built-quality than 80's home-keyboard Casios, understanding what the younger crowd wants and recycling the same synth engines endlessly...
Hey, if they recycled the same analog synth "engines" endlessly (with tuning improvements, midi, etc), I and I'm sure others wouldn't mind at all. Anyway, this isn't unique to Korg at all.
Old 27th May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo ➡️
No no, the earth really IS flat... It is, it is!!!heh
thumbsup

hehhehheh
Old 28th May 2010 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
After all this is what Korg is great at lately; Marketing, building cheapo synths that are worse in built-quality than 80's home-keyboard Casios, understanding what the younger crowd wants
wake up, buddy. go and touch a real oasys. apparently this hasn't happened yet. you don't get too far by only reading and thinking about actual hardware.

Quote:
I think it was a matter of prestige for Korg to show they can build a machine like this and it was priced high for that reason. For sure they used the technology of the platform on a whole range of synths so I'm sure they made a lot of money out of the whole project, even if the OASYS keyboard itself didn't sell so much.
yes, i agree with you on this. i even think this was planned from the beginning on.
still, the synthesis possibilities and the quality of sound are still impressive - especially for the price used oasys's sell now.
Deleted b788fee
I had a chance to play on an OASYS for a spell ... Sounded like a hyped-up Triton to me ... I left shortly thereafter ... I'd welcome another go ... But that first meeting was hardly mind-blowing ... Sure didn't seem worth the coin ... And it was being clearanced out at a reasonable 4k or something like that ...

🎧 15 years
well, if the triton does things like e.g. the MOD7 in the oasys, then i'm all over it. i don't challenge it, but i simply don't know much about the tritons.
Old 4th February 2020 | Show parent
Deleted 9079588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris ➡️
Not into modern stuff, but i LOVE vintage Korgs:

Now can someone please sell me a Trident MkII. There's a nice empty place at the front of the pic. heh

But we now have modern vintage ; Moog One , Baloran THE RIVER and Waldorf Quantum is really modern

🎧 5 years

Necormancer has a supernatural ability to bring long-dead forum discussion threads back to life. After having been flogged to death the thread may have been deceased for many years, and bringing it back may have scant relevance to the current topic, yet Necromancer will unexpectedly exhume the thread’s rotting corpse, and strike horror in the forum as its grotesque form lurches into the discussion. The monster, instantly recognized by all who knew it in life, seems at first to breathe and have a pulse, but, alas, it is beyond Necromancer’s skill to fully restore the thread’s original vitality. The hideous apparition may frighten away some of the weaker Warriors or Warriors badly wounded in former battles, but the thread is only a shadow of its former self and very quickly expires.

Unlike Archivist, Necromancer compulsively saves every forum message in carefully preserved archives for future use in battle, while Necromancer collects departed threads merely for the thrill of resurrecting them. Some say he performs this unnatural act out of malice, others say he can’t help himself, but no one really knows.
Deleted 9079588
Ahh i came accros it by accident , I mean no harm , I read lots of my old lines , its interesting in how we move on and change , Vintage was like an Underground Scene , I dug it too , sorry Don
PES
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Oasys is so vintage right now, unlike all those analog synths you can buy everywhere.
Deleted 9079588
The Oasys screen and Drum pads and leds were missed compared to Kronos , what were thinking , a Trident 2 would be a next wonderfull release for Korg
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
10 years later after this thread became necro, imho the Oasys led to the Kronos which is arguably the most successful workstation since.

Too successful perhaps, since a follow up seems too much of a challenge for Korg vs milking it for more years to come.

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9079588 ➡️
Ahh i came accros it by accident , I mean no harm , I read lots of my old lines , its interesting in how we move on and change , Vintage was like an Underground Scene , I dug it too , sorry Don
It's okay I've been wanting to post that 'necromancer' pic on this board for a while now (considering how relevant it is in general in here!)
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
“See ya later, re-animator!”

“After a while, necrophile!”
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm ➡️
That is exactly the point.
I stopped using workstations in 2000 - never had the feeling I needed a new one.

ukm
I love workstations. After work, if I get any music time, I don't wish to be in front of a computer anymore. Even though a workstation is indeed a computer, it doesn't feel like one.

*holy necrothread - just realized after my post. hehehe

Last edited by shortyedwards; 4th February 2020 at 06:58 PM..
Deleted 9079588
Yes working with Hardware has a nice flow ,nicer results ,now the no screen synth aapproach , love it and my brain is enjoying it , I remember years back the rise of VSTs and been laughed at with Hardware , now its the newcomers and their exclusive vintage analouge Bon Fide Circle , too many white lady nights and inflated egos
📝 Reply