bought a TR909 - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
bought a TR909
Old 5th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architecture ➡️
heres some video of that night. After re watching these, Ive realized that a second person would have helped ALOT for this show. I had too many things going on in real time to do just by myself.

This was the last and one of the best songs of the night

This was the song where my Moog LP was literally rattling the speaker system. I have never heard their speaker system rattle like this until tonight, and they usually have lots of hard EBM industrial acts here.
nicethumbsup..just a little question ..are u using the individual outs or are u just bangin it thru the stereo outputs?
Old 6th March 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by initialsmm ➡️
Congrats! Simply get a Roland SH101, sequence it via trigger from the 909
and you can make Robert Hood sounding tracks all day long.

Add a Juno 106 to this rig, sequence it from the external midi-out ot the 909 and make it more sinister.
You mean like this?
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...power_surge_ep

Listen to "Room To Move"
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Someone sell me a 909
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJiRa 3000 ➡️
nicethumbsup..just a little question ..are u using the individual outs or are u just bangin it thru the stereo outputs?
i have bass and snare and hihats separated

the rest is mono out of the 909.

and that Robert Hoods track, how is it that he can release a 12 incher of essentially nothing more than a 1 bar pattern non stop, and it get recongizition, and here I am working my tail to make something good, and i dont get nearly that. I need to start promoting my music better.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I used to always put the bd, sd, hh, and clap on their own channels. The rest out of the mono out. I still do that with the MD.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Try to use the MIX out instead of seperate outs on the 909 for a nice bit of compression
It has even more flavour to it then!!!
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
This is an interesting thread.

I bought a TR909 several years ago, and for the longest time I was pulling my hair out trying to get it to sync properly (as a slave) to Cubase SX3. I never got it to work properly with it, but oddly enough it did sync much better with Ableton. I tried everything you could name in the book. From changing midi plugs, to inserting it into a new midi port on my midi interface, to using it a master instead of a slave, to even upgrading my EPROM chip to v4.0. It simply never worked as a sequencer for me.

I finally realized I didn't need the sequencer altogether and just used it as an instrument being triggered via midi. I haven't looked back since that day.......I used to send the individual outs to Cubase and grouped it together as a stem and compressed the whole group (both dry and wet together). Then I got lazy and decided to send everything out of the 909 from the Master channel. Only problem now was that I couldn't apply reverb to only the hat and rides without effecting the kick and the whole signal.

Earlier this year I bought the Drumazon TR909 emulation plugin and gave it a go. It was quite impressive and for the longest time I used that instead of the 909. The plugin automatically opens an individual audio track for each channel on the 909 so it was much more convenient for me to do processing on each one. Before the plugin, I would have to connect the machine to the Motu 828, then inside Cubase I had to create 8 different mono channels for each instrument. The Drumazon saved me a lot of hassle. But after months of just watching the 909 collecting dust, I decided to plug it back in a few weeks ago and it instantly gave me the motivation to use it again. There's something about the machine.

I've done a comparison between the plugin and the machine, and to the average ear you wouldn't be able to hear the difference. Frankly, I thought the 909 didn't sound as good when it is dry, but the handclap sounds better on the real machine. But once it EQ'd and compression is applied it, it all of a sudden transforms into this BEAST. The drum kick never gets old. It almost doesn't matter what genre of techno or house I am making, the first thing I always slap on is the 909 kick to build the foundation of a track.

While I may never use it all the time, I don't intend on selling this unit.
Even if it just sits there, I will just keep it. It looks hella sexy, don't you think?

I LOVE THESE TWO CLIPS :D

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I recently checked the groove feeling:

A) TR 909 with internal sequencer

B) TR 909 with MPC 2500 sequencer

-> the internal sequencer gives better groove, you feel it!
Thats the 909, not so much its sound.

I made some measurements. With internal sequencer
notes are played tighter, jitter within 3 ms or so.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The 909 HC is like a pimp slap to the face!
Old 25th July 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
guys i am selling my sbx 80 and msq100 if anybody needs them as sync boxes

just let me know please thanks again
📝 Reply