Quantcast
guitar chops - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
guitar chops
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
guitar chops

This is a little off the subject but I would like to get my guitar skills a little cleaner. I would consider my self a beginner -intermediate player. Are their any great books out there to help me out.
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Playing along to stuff was always better than books to me

The vox amplugs are wicked for this,,plug ya mp3 player in one side your headphones in the other and slot in ay guitar and the ac30 version tone rocks

As with any insrument practice practice practice. 5hrs + a day aint un common

Ben
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
assuming you're right-handed....

start with right-hand technique as this is the basis for everything that will affect what you do. rhythmic accuracy comes first, and also the tone changes dramatically w/ how you strum, finger or pick the strings. so focus on that 1st, while learning simple major and minor chord fingerings on the left hand.
once your comfortable w/ strumming and voicing simple&open chords, then move on to barre chords and suspended chords...then after you can fire off, say, 6 different chords in fast progression with in-the-pocket rhythm and play along to entire songs...then you can start worrying about the left hand dexterity; playing melody lines, comping and whatnot.

everything builds on everything else, so practice singing your parts as well - it will help you play your guitar parts much more naturally.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…