Rise of the Maschine!!!!! - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rise of the Maschine!!!!!
Old 22nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic ➡️
The only negative thing I've encountered so far is that you are forced to program all the drums inside the Maschine environment. You can't use individual MIDI tracks in your sequencer to trigger the sounds. Everything has to happen inside the pattern and scene editor.
I really love the idea of NI Maschine, but this is where it all come down to.

Does it improve my workflow or does the arranging with patterns slow me down?
Old 23rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

The only negative thing I've encountered so far is that you are forced to program all the drums inside the Maschine environment. You can't use individual MIDI tracks in your sequencer to trigger the sounds. Everything has to happen inside the pattern and scene editor.
Isn't that the whole idea of the product?
Old 24th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit ➡️
Isn't that the whole idea of the product?
Not necessarily. I'd like to be able to export the grooves via MIDI to trigger other sounds. I'd also like to trigger sounds inside of Maschine from outside of it, whether directly via MIDI or by importing a MIDI file into the pattern editor. Unfortunately, I can do neither. Having it as a plug-in with a hardware controller, I'd like more access between the DAW sequencer and the groove box than just basically starting, stopping, and changing patterns in the Maschine sequencer. I think they had an opportunity to go farther with the integration than they did.

The interface is nicely done though, and very quick to work with so far.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not necessarily. I'd like to be able to export the grooves via MIDI to trigger other sounds. I'd also like to trigger sounds inside of Maschine from outside of it, whether directly via MIDI or by importing a MIDI file into the pattern editor. Unfortunately, I can do neither. Having it as a plug-in with a hardware controller, I'd like more access between the DAW sequencer and the groove box than just basically starting, stopping, and changing patterns in the Maschine sequencer. I think they had an opportunity to go farther with the integration than they did.

The interface is nicely done though, and very quick to work with so far.
Oh it's not possible to trigger other PlugIns or Hardware with the Maschine?? Why do they go without such an important feature?! Damn...I thought I could use the Maschinegrooves to trigger an external Drummachine like the Vermona DRM1 MKIII. Hope they will inplement these features as soon as possible.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Could someone please post a full indepth review as i am itching to make a purchase but want to be 100% sure.

Does it act as a normal controller?? e.g if i open up a tape delay plugin can i twist and turn the knobs on the maschine and it will change the attack etc...??

How striaght forward is it to import my drum librarys in??

I have created various drum kits with the exs24 in logic, are these transferable??

I am also now thinking of getting this kit from alesis instead of the maschine.

Anyone used it before?? what other simlular products are there??

So to sum up its Maschine or DM5 kit............WHICH ONE SHALL I GET???

thanks
DS

Last edited by Digital Send; 24th February 2009 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: spelling
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Send ➡️
Could someone please post a full indepth review as i am itching to make a purchase but want to be 100% sure.

Does it act as a normal controller?? e.g if i open up a tape delay plugin can i twist and turn the knobs on the maschine and it will change the attack etc...??

The Controller works in tangent with the Maschine software. The Maschine software is a nice interface that allows you to program beats and grooves just like a MPC would.

How striaght forward is it to import my drum librarys in??

Any Aiff or Wav samples currently can be imported. Libraries like exs, etc... currently aren't supported. It has been said that it should be supported in future updates.

I have created various drum kits with the exs24 in logic, are these transferable??

Future Feature

I am also now thinking of getting this kit from alesis instead of the maschine.

Totally different ball of wax. This is a module that includes drum sounds and is more a traditional standalone drum machine. This also is a true drum kit and if your a drummer, then this is what you would probably look for.

Anyone used it before?? what other simlular products are there??

There is really nothing that similar. The MPC series by Akai would be the closest.

The Maschine is a MPC type hardware and controller solution that can also act as a plugin in your DAW (Logic, Pro tools, Cubase, Live, etc...)

So to sum up its Maschine or DM5 kit............WHICH ONE SHALL I GET???

thanks
DS

I would strongly recommend checking out the videos for it on Native instruuments site and also look at the forum at the following address:

MASCHINE - NI User Forums
Old 25th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the replys guys.

Alot of people seem to be split on this product.......well i suppose it will on suit the needs of certain people.

For me personally its seems like a very viable option, but i have now decided to go for some thing else.

Check this thread for more info.

thanks
DS
Old 26th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks for the replys guys.

Alot of people seem to be split on this product.......well i suppose it will on suit the needs of certain people.

For me personally its seems like a very viable option, but i have now decided to go for some thing else.

DS
Yo DS - didn't see this thread but I posted my thoughts on the Maschine over here > https://gearspace.com/board/electron...ml#post3946646

Guitar center has em now in stock you should go and try to demo one for yourself just to check it out.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic ➡️
Yo DS - didn't see this thread but I posted my thoughts on the Maschine over here > https://gearspace.com/board/electron...ml#post3946646

Guitar center has em now in stock you should go and try to demo one for yourself just to check it out.

Too late now........as per this thread, i have now ordered this

cheers
DS
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Too late now........as per this thread, i have now ordered this

cheers
DS
Rock on you gonna spin your sticks in a Tommy lee stylee

I've always fancied a midi drum kit

Ben
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Fiddled with it a bit in store. I was quite taken with the hardware unit which had midi ports on the back along with the usb port. The demo the dude did basically illustrated that one doesn't need to refer to the computer screen at all when auditioning and programming drums. The pads seemed nice and playable and the velocity sensitivy seemed better than I've experienced on the korg and mpc pads. I know the mpc ones are adjustable but these seem great straight off the cuff. I'm a fan of NI stuff, and get decent use out of Kore's plugin mapping. The software Maschine comes with seems very complex, confusing and cumbersome, and knowing NI products, it will no doubt have a bug or 2 lurking under the hood which will be ironed out in a future version. Sadly, I will have to sell my mom for one in South Africa, where they are retailing for just over $1000.
📝 Reply