Quantcast
Kontakt 3, putting samples on D drive. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kontakt 3, putting samples on D drive.
Old 8th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Kontakt 3, putting samples on D drive.

I loaded Kontakt 3 on my PC, Dell dimension 8200, Rambus (sucks), now 1.5 Gigs, 1.6 Ghz machine. But install did not give me a choice where to put the samples, 30 odd gigs of them. So it loaded them into the C drive. I was told it is better to have the samples on another drive so the system speed is higher, maybe lower latency, I use ASIO and 256 bit buffer which gives 7 ms of latency. So now that the samples are loaded on the C drive, is that ok or should I try to get them on the D drive? If I need to do that, how do I associate the samples when they are on the D drive with the Kontakt pgm on the C drive? Should I just uninstall the whole thing and start over? The main problem with the C drive is the thing is only 80 gigs and now with the full Kontakt on it, I only have about 9 gigs left. One thing I can do is clone the C drive to a bigger drive, I know that but is it true I really want the samples on another drive? How to do that I am not sure, now that they are already on C. Any help with that would be appreciated.
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
move them manually, and then specify their new location in the Preferences in K3, rebuild DB and that's it.
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by temetrepo ➡️
move them manually, and then specify their new location in the Preferences in K3, rebuild DB and that's it.
Can I do more than one at once? Remember, that's 33 GIGS of data to shove around. It would take weeks to do one at a time.
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The samples should have been loaded into a single directory, something like "Kontakt 3 Sample Library". Find that directory, and simply drag it to the drive you want it to be on. Next time you open Kontakt, choose this new location as the default library location (it's an option within Kontakt's menus). Then, as temetrepo siad, rebuild you DB.
📝 Reply