Quantcast
Virtual Guitarist2, Oxygen8, and Protools LE 7.4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Virtual Guitarist2, Oxygen8, and Protools LE 7.4
Old 6th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Virtual Guitarist2, Oxygen8, and Protools LE 7.4

Alright, so I'm trying to figure out why I'm not able to input or control virtual guitarist from my oxygen8 when it's running as a rewire plug-in. When Virtual guitarist is stand-alone, everything works.

Here's what I've done:
1. Created a stereo instrument track, set the instrument to VG2
2. record enabled it.
3. Checked out the "Midi Studio" settings and connected the oxygen8 with my Mbox2 Pro
4. If I load a sample on virtual guitarist and press "auto play", the sample is played while the button is being held down. There's sound going into the stereo track because I hear it, and see it on the meter. When I let go and try to trigger with the controller, nothing happens.

If someone wants to spend the time explaining how I can make this work, let me know. Basically, I never edit midi in protools. I use reason Rewired which is plug and play. Now that I'm trying to use Virtual Guitarist, I'm lost. There aren't any preferences available on the VG window, so I know the problem must be with my midi settings in PT.

Is it the Oxygen8? should I try a more updated controller? I hope this hasn't been posted a million times by other people, I really couldn't figure it out...
📝 Reply