Quantcast
Fix a dead key on a Juno-106 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fix a dead key on a Juno-106
Old 5th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Fix a dead key on a Juno-106

I recently scooped up a Juno-106. She looks great but it has one dead key. Not a dead voice chip, I did the diagnosis on all of them and they all work, but one dead key. I can play around one dead G but would like to fix it.

Any ideas on where to start? And references? My gut tells me it’s a bad contact but I'm waiting to hear from some folks before tearing her apart.

Jah Bless
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
If it's just one key, that pretty well isolates it to either the key contact or the diodes that connect that key to the scanning matrix. If it were any other kind of failure in the keyboard circuit, it would take out more than one key.
Old 21st January 2019
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
To resurrect a really old thread....

I'm repairing a Juno 106 with one dead key. I have determined that the tiny circuit board trace connecting one side of the half-circle graphite key contact on the circuit board to the rest of the world is broken, right at the contact. No way I want to solder that one. Of the conductive paints on the market, has anyone had enough success with anything that they would recommend it? Thanks.
📝 Reply