Quantcast
nord electro 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
nord electro 3
Old 3rd February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
nord electro 3

does anyone know when the electro 3 will come out, and for how much?
Old 15th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteblues ➑️
does anyone know when the electro 3 will come out, and for how much?
I'm hearing April. Looks like $1,899 for the 61 and $2,199 for the 76. I am for sure getting at least the 61.
Old 20th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Just got mine today. Sounds great, some nice new amp simulations, better organ and so on. And of course, some MUCH improved acoustic piano sounds. Keyboard feels slightly different from the Nord Electro 2, I like it.
Old 2nd March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyKeys ➑️
Just got mine today. Sounds great, some nice new amp simulations, better organ and so on. And of course, some MUCH improved acoustic piano sounds. Keyboard feels slightly different from the Nord Electro 2, I like it.
could you explain how different? i really liked the keyboard feel of the electro 2 but really want the new electro 3, so am dead curious to hear anything about the electro 3. thnx!
Old 2nd March 2009
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Can't help you as user of Electro 2 rack version, not kb.
Some sounds on 3 are improved, some same.
Looks like very fine and powerful machine.
Electro 3 rack would be awesome.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcoral ➑️
could you explain how different? i really liked the keyboard feel of the electro 2 but really want the new electro 3, so am dead curious to hear anything about the electro 3. thnx!
It's very similar to the NE2, just something (really hard to explain) different. Actually, it could be that most NE2s I played have been old, while the NE3 is brand new... Just feels a bit more... fresh. Or something.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
oh man. and you can download the mellotron samples for it? gimme gimme. soon enough I will not be taking my 200A on the road. it will be a sweet sweet day.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anybody know if the key-off sound can be adjusted on the NE3? The key-off sound in the Wurlie sounds totally ass in the lower octaves (I've had two Wurlies). I can't remember the Stage Wurlie's key-off sounds sounding this way...

- CM
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Some GREAT playing on those videos! Love that! thumbsup
Old 15th March 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It seems like nobody in the United States is carrying this yet...why is that? Has anybody heard a new date for this to be released in the U.S.
Thanks,
Cam
Old 15th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye ➑️
It seems like nobody in the United States is carrying this yet...why is that? Has anybody heard a new date for this to be released in the U.S.
Thanks,
Cam
well, you can order it from sweetwater right now, it's just that it won't be shipping until april, the last i heard.

so, shouldn't be too long now!heh
Old 24th April 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcoral ➑️

The difference in the keys is that the ones on the Electro 3 are built to respond like a real B3 in that they trigger the note at the TOP of the keys' throw- in normal synth keyboards (including the Electro 2) the sound isn't triggered until the keys have been pressed all the way. The result is that it feels WAAAY better to play organ on an Electro 3 (as well as the C1).

I just got an Electro 3 in the mail today and am about to test it out. Excited.
Old 24th April 2009 | Show parent
Old 13th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
well, don't know if anyone cares but just got my electro 3 and must say i'm pretty thrilled by it. first of all, i own a farfisa, a hammond, a rhodes and a wurly and worked with a clavinet and vox organs before and i own a baby grand as well. so, i think i know sounds. i'm picky as hell about sounds in fact and have mostly always been disappointed with any new keyboards, esp any workstation types starting with the k2000.

so, anyway, with that out the way, the electro sounds fantastic! in fact, it's the best clav and b3 emulation i've ever heard. the vox is spot on as well and the farfisa in 95% there, as is the electric pianos. the other pianos are very good but not great EXCEPT the upright, which i think sounds fantastic. pleasant surprise, indeed.

but the thing that takes this keyboard over the top is the mellotron stuff. at least for me. i've literally played every mellotron soft synth and sample library out there and this collection clavia has is the best sounding period. fantastic and inspiring sounds.

the key action is a near-perfect compromise between organ action and piano action. i'm fine with it.

the effects are very good with the leslie sim being top-notch. the ring modulation effect is FAR more useful and interesting that one would think. the reverb sounds very good and the amp sims are, as you may have guessed, very good!

i can honestly say, i've never been so in the bag for a product like i am for the electro 3. would i like more memory and a delay effect? yes, of course, but that is really the only quibbles i have with this keyboard. i'm in love. maybe this honeymoon won't last but i doubt it!hehheh
Old 22nd May 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Nord E2 Organ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang ➑️
Can't help you as user of Electro 2 rack version, not kb.
Some sounds on 3 are improved, some same.
Looks like very fine and powerful machine.
Electro 3 rack would be awesome.
Agree. Until an Electro 3 rack comes out, I'll keep with the NE2, its a smoker. Take a listen!!
Attached Files

Organ-Medium Room 3.mp3 (735.9 KB, 482 views)

05 Track 5.mp3 (647.9 KB, 394 views)

03 Track 3.mp3 (609.6 KB, 324 views)

Last edited by studio3; 22nd May 2009 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: attatched file
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
You are one funky-assed Mutha my friend! heh

Did you keep the 'board or were you just demoing it?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks man! Just demoing it..had to give it back. I got a Nord Stage though so dont feel too left out!!
πŸ“ Reply