Quantcast
Avenues for Releasing Ambient style music??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avenues for Releasing Ambient style music???
Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Avenues for Releasing Ambient style music???

At the risk of sounding like a complete hack and embarrasing myself, I was just wondering if anyone had input for this. heh

I am slowly working on ambient / spacey / electro acoustic type of music on the side just for myself, probally mostly instrumental. Besides releasing a cd myself and marketing it myself, I was wondering if there is any other avenues to try to get my music out there, such as shopping at specific independant labels that put out this kinda stuff (names) or just or companies that may cater to this type of sound, sites, or any other suggestions.

I do commercial writings, so not like thinking film music marketing or anything like that. I know this type of music is hardly that marketable commercially, but I love chill ambient stuff, and while my stuff maybe a little confused, I would love input.

You can hear a little of my work in progress to hear what I am doing at Eric Palmer Music on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

Thanks for any input.

Old 1st February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
here's a tip. to compete with all the musical egos out there, don't hint to people that you have doubts/uncertainties about your tracks. you'll get more listens
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
t_d
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
i run a forum at my label (12k) that focuses on this type of music as well as the processes and gear behind it. you'll find a lot of helpful people and resources (blogs, etc) that support this stuff.

experimental/acoustic/ambient music has a large, but very niche, community worldwide. lots of great labels out there...

you can check it out at: 12k Forum - Index
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantlandau โžก๏ธ
here's a tip. to compete with all the musical egos out there, don't hint to people that you have doubts/uncertainties about your tracks. you'll get more listens

Thats kewl but I am not out to either try to get more visits to myspace page or try to out ego anyone for pure listen. Just being honest about presenting my music and shopping to a label and gather any info on releasing something in this genre, as I know very well the talent out there. Edited some of my personal suckage concerns however :-)

Thanks.
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d โžก๏ธ
i run a forum at my label (12k) that focuses on this type of music as well as the processes and gear behind it. you'll find a lot of helpful people and resources (blogs, etc) that support this stuff.

experimental/acoustic/ambient music has a large, but very niche, community worldwide. lots of great labels out there...

you can check it out at: 12k Forum - Index
Excelent! Thanks Man, will check out the forum, dig your tunes!
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…