Quantcast
DI Emulator Plugin - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DI Emulator Plugin
Old 31st January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
DI Emulator Plugin

I´m wondering if there is any DI emulator plugin on the marketing. I want a quick solution to amplify the signal of my Korg Triton LE that´s in my Digi002 line input. There are any usable plugins that can do anything comparable to the hardware Radial DI´s for example ?
Old 1st February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
There are lots of ways to boost the gain, but the benefit of a DI is that it changes the impedance as well as the gain before it gets to the recorder/convertor. Do 002's not have instrument inputs?
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
A preamp just amplifies the signal, a DI changes the impedance as well. The DI portion is much more important for passive magnetic guitar/bass PUs or piezos than for synths, though a lot of folks like them for synths, too.

There is no way to emulate either of them ITB. DIs physically change the impedance, and if you just try to slap a lot of gain on a weak signal in your DAW instead of using a pre, you will find that the noise level is unacceptable and it sounds like ass.

Most of the radial DIs are unity gain, so they wouldn't do what you want anyway.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think you need a line driver and perhaps some gain-staging.
📝 Reply