Quantcast
DSI MOPHO - Sending Midi Question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DSI MOPHO - Sending Midi Question
Old 29th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
DSI MOPHO - Sending Midi Question

So I just got a Mopho and am wondering,,,, will it send the Step Sequencer information to the MIDI OUT? I want to try and run the Mopho into my Kenton Midi-to-CV convertor so I can have the sequences going into my analog gear.

Is this possible? It would be great as its a small little sequencer with memory.

I plugged the midi out into my Kenton but didn't get any triggering when I had a sequencer program on.

thx
Old 30th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The Mopho sequencer works only with the internal sound engine. It doesn't send midi.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
so can someone tell me what the MIDI OUT sends?? Can I patch it into another synth and have it at least follow the Arpeggiator? I was really hoping I could use the Mopho as a small sequencer or Arpeggiator into other midi devices.

Wondering if they could add these features with a firmware update?

thx
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by plingplong ➡️
so can someone tell me what the MIDI OUT sends??
Midi Out sends the knob movements as sysex data and dumps of the internal sound memory.

Quote:
Can I patch it into another synth and have it at least follow the Arpeggiator? I was really hoping I could use the Mopho as a small sequencer or Arpeggiator into other midi devices.
Not possible atm.

Quote:
Wondering if they could add these features with a firmware update?
thx
Possible for sure, but I doubt that they will implement it. The Evolvers can send sequencer data via midi, but it's very easy to produce midi loops with that function. THen there's the question what at all shall be send via midi ? Pitch only, or velocity, note length etc. A step sequencer is quite different from a midi or pattern sequencer. While one midi track in Cubase, Logic, Sonar etc sends all required data at a time you'd have to setup several step sequencer lines for the same purpose. That's why hardly anyone uses this feature. In addition, because implementing created tons of support mails to DSI, I suppose they decided to leave it
📝 Reply