Quantcast
Photosounder / Photoshop - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Photosounder / Photoshop
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Photosounder / Photoshop

OK, I recognize that my aesthetic sensibilities might be a little bit tilted, but I gotta bring this to your attention 'cause it's just cool.

There's this blog that I visit on occasion called Audiocookbook. It's primarily devoted to chronicling the sound-design experiments of John Keston. The guy never stops experimenting. It's inspiring/intimidating. Makes you feel lazy.

Lately, it's been off the chain!

He has been messing around with combining the program Photosounder with Photoshop to manipulate sonic textures in the visual realm.

It's not like nobody has ever done this before (there is, after all, an entire synth devoted to this way of working), but check out the sounds he's been getting for the last few posts out of treating a simple electric piano phrase with basic Photoshop effects like Gaussian blur, etc.

Hopefully this will excite you the way it did me.

- c
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If you have Audition 3, you can export audio as a frequency bitmap and you can edit them in Photoshop or any other image editor. The liquify effect sounds very very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➡️
OK, I recognize that my aesthetic sensibilities might be a little bit tilted, but I gotta bring this to your attention 'cause it's just cool.

There's this blog that I visit on occasion called Audiocookbook. It's primarily devoted to chronicling the sound-design experiments of John Keston. The guy never stops experimenting. It's inspiring/intimidating. Makes you feel lazy.

Lately, it's been off the chain!

He has been messing around with combining the program Photosounder with Photoshop to manipulate sonic textures in the visual realm.

It's not like nobody has ever done this before (there is, after all, an entire synth devoted to this way of working), but check out the sounds he's been getting for the last few posts out of treating a simple electric piano phrase with basic Photoshop effects like Gaussian blur, etc.

Hopefully this will excite you the way it did me.

- c
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya ➡️
OK, I recognize that my aesthetic sensibilities might be a little bit tilted...

...Hopefully this will excite you the way it did me.

- c
A man after my own 'tilted' heart, thanks for the link to this...it definitely does excite me the same way. Being a fully armed former graphic designer and Metasynth owner can't wait to peruse his techniques and adventures!
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This............ is................ awesome.

Thanks for the heads up. Damn I love being alive today.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I used metasynth a lot on Mac OS 9 (and previous)
thanks for reminding me to update it to OSX
good sharp tool for in the shed

btw try the airbrush tool
that was my fave thumbsup
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Camel Audio Alchemy has some good tools for spectral processing either painitng, or importing pictures, layering/multiplying/subtracting etc.
was getting some crazy robotic vocal noises that would be a chore to do otherwise with just a few strokes.
📝 Reply