Quantcast
Anyone remember ProTech or Empirion? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone remember ProTech or Empirion?
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Anyone remember ProTech or Empirion?

I cant seem to find much info on whatever happenned to these guys. ProTech had a pretty decent album in the 90's called Orbiting Cathedrals and all I remember from Empirion was some song with a sample taken from that movie "From Beyond" that said "Drugs taking their lives away".
Was always curious what gear those guys used and they just seemed to dissappear.
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Ok just in case you guyz have no idea who I am talking about here are a few clips of ProTech who I believe was a side project of Front 242 if I remember correctly.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/...s-Pheromne.mp3

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/...ThreadFour.mp3

Here is an edit version of the empirion song. There is a synth that comes in around the 1 minute mark that sorta sounds like a Korg but cant tell for sure. Anyone?

YouTube - Empirion - Narcotic Influence (edit) (1993)
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Deleted d2a68cc
Pro-Tech was a Frontline Assembly side-project. I was never a fan. I had that first {?} Empirion album on XL. It was too ravey for my tastes, but the Prodigy fans I knew loved it.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by our_swimmer โžก๏ธ
Pro-Tech was a Frontline Assembly side-project. I was never a fan. I had that first {?} Empirion album on XL. It was too ravey for my tastes, but the Prodigy fans I knew loved it.
Ah yes Frontline Assembly that's it. Guess I mixed them up with them both having the word "Front" in the names. Well each to their own. I was always a huge Prodigy fan as well.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…