Quantcast
audio4DJ QUALITY ? ? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
audio4DJ QUALITY ? ?
Old 27th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
audio4DJ QUALITY ? ?

Based on what people have experienced with audio 8 .....

is the new AUDIO 4 DJ gonna give me a high fidelity and very sturdy piece of kit....????

is there any reason not to buy it?
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
#1. all DJ software sound diferent, ots turntables, djdecks.be, virtualdj, traktion, etc...

becouse they need a Sample.Rate.Converter algorithm to change the pitch and speed of the .mp3 or .wav

traktion S.R.C. algorithms have a "classic" sound. like old mixers similar to urei 1620 "warm but non transparent sound, sometimes a bit dark"

virtualdj has a "clean as possible sound." but maybe a bit to bright.

ots turntables has a clean and a verry nice technics 1200mk2 emulation wow flutter, also warm sound i like it a lot, but has other critical flaws.

djdecks.be SRC algorithm in ver 0.84 is not my favorite, sounds lifeless but... its the best software if you want to use real audio from turntables, and the PC only as a digital mixer!.

etc....
also
#2. the soundcard...
the best converters ive heard are universal audio 2192 so far.

the converter sound is not the chip only,
its the wordclock and the analg circuit design arround the chip, and the stability and low ripple noise of the powersupply.

for example emu 1820m has same chips as top of the line interfaces, but sounds verry muddy mids and dark, if you upgrade the wordclock, improoves but still sounds muddy mids.

for low budget: m-audio profire 2626 sounds verry nice, but has bad drivers. can be used in stand alone mode.
RME hdsp & Lynx aes16 have verry nice drivers.

also look the tc electronic black dj interface.
echo have nice sound too.
etc...
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
thanks ,

but did you even read my post....

I just wanted to know if the converters on the NI audio 8 or the NI audio 4 are great quality....?

simple question: what's wrong or great about Native instruments sound cards?
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by space2012 ➡️
#1. all DJ software sound diferent, ots turntables, djdecks.be, virtualdj, traktion, etc...

becouse they need a Sample.Rate.Converter algorithm to change the pitch and speed of the .mp3 or .wav

traktion S.R.C. algorithms have a "classic" sound. like old mixers similar to urei 1620 "warm but non transparent sound, sometimes a bit dark"

virtualdj has a "clean as possible sound." but maybe a bit to bright.

ots turntables has a clean and a verry nice technics 1200mk2 emulation wow flutter, also warm sound i like it a lot, but has other critical flaws.

djdecks.be SRC algorithm in ver 0.84 is not my favorite, sounds lifeless but... its the best software if you want to use real audio from turntables, and the PC only as a digital mixer!.

etc....
also
#2. the soundcard...
the best converters ive heard are universal audio 2192 so far.

the converter sound is not the chip only,
its the wordclock and the analg circuit design arround the chip, and the stability and low ripple noise of the powersupply.

for example emu 1820m has same chips as top of the line interfaces, but sounds verry muddy mids and dark, if you upgrade the wordclock, improoves but still sounds muddy mids.

for low budget: m-audio profire 2626 sounds verry nice, but has bad drivers. can be used in stand alone mode.
RME hdsp & Lynx aes16 have verry nice drivers.

also look the tc electronic black dj interface.
echo have nice sound too.
etc...
classic
📝 Reply