Quantcast
Which one has better keys, Axiom 61 or Keystation 61 ES? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which one has better keys, Axiom 61 or Keystation 61 ES?
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Which one has better keys, Axiom 61 or Keystation 61 ES?

Hey guys

I wonder which of this two midi keys has better keys, anyone already tryed both?

I bought Axiom 61 three days ago, but looks like that i do not need all this buttons and knobs so i thought if i should exhange it with Keystation 61 ES which is 165€ in my country compared to 315€ for Axiom 61.

I would also like to know if the ProKeys Sono 61 could be use the same way as a midi key, is that the same thing as a midi key just with few sounds, or is it more like a synth.

Im interested in thisone because it maybe might have better keys then the other two, it sounds like this at least from reading the info at m-audio site.
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i owned both and now a novation remote. the remote by far feels the best with the axiom in second and the keystation in a distant third
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Axiom has better key action than the Keystation ES. I have two ES61s and I only use them for something that doesn't need proper velocity articulation (like piano parts) or aftertouch (ES doesn't have aftertouch).

Can't comment on the Prokeys.

- CM
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by allcentury ➡️
i owned both and now a novation remote. the remote by far feels the best with the axiom in second and the keystation in a distant third
Yeah novation seems to be one of the best midi keys in 61 class if not the best and it has automap but it's very expensive and not available in my country.

Looks like i will stay with Axiom then, i actualy like the keys of Axiom, but all the other buttons and knobs feel very cheap and always when you start playing on the keys they feel so sticky.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyform ➡️
always when you start playing on the keys they feel so sticky.
If the Axiom is anything like the Keystation ES, and it certainly has a similar feel, the springiness will not be so bad after a year of heavy usage. The more you play it, the better it will feel

- CM
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I like the keystation more than the axiom.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The new Axiom series has it's own version of Automap that looks very interesting.
I also own the older Axiom 61 & I love it. Great feel, great knobs, great control, great expression. I thought it felt much better than the Keystation. The new one is gonna be even better.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey M ➡️
If the Axiom is anything like the Keystation ES, and it certainly has a similar feel, the springiness will not be so bad after a year of heavy usage. The more you play it, the better it will feel

- CM

yes, exactly.
📝 Reply