Quantcast
malekko assmaster vs zvex wooly mammoth - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
malekko assmaster vs zvex wooly mammoth
Old 31st March 2012
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Just a quick update regarding this, I called up Malekko to double check and learned that for synths, the bass volume knob is not going to be exactly like the original dry signal but will roll off some of the sub freqs and some of the high freqs while adding a small amount of harmonics as well (for actual stringed basses, it should be quite close to the original). It seems that the best way to maintain the dry signal is to split the signal and then mix it together externally (ignoring the bass volume knob on the unit altogether).

Also, when using it on the output of a synth/daw, it looks like any line level signal should be brought down to an instrument level signal before feeding it into the B:assmaster. Maybe something like a Little Labs Multi Z might do the trick? I might need to look into one of those as well, haven't really fiddled with effects pedals much before. As for using it on a Voyager from the Mixer Out/Filter In jack instead of the main outputs, does anyone know if it is sending it at an instrument level or line level? Not sure if it needs to be attenuated from there as well or if can just be connected there directly?
Old 31st March 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy1500 ➡️
. As for using it on a Voyager from the Mixer Out/Filter In jack instead of the main outputs, does anyone know if it is sending it at an instrument level or line level?
It's line level.
Old 31st March 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
ah thanks, looks like I'll need to convert it from line to instrument level before I can use the b:assmaster (or other pedals)
Old 17th March 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil ➡️
just so you know, the B:Assmaster will be here soon with CV control in eurorack format...
you can insert the assmaster into the voyager, and make sweet modulations.
(yikes)
Is the correct power supply all you'd need to use this eurorack version in the same way you might the pedal version?

I've never ventured into modulars but I know many have started out using only modules for processing external gear......(then ultimatly, gone nuts and filled rooms with it)
Old 9th January 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Perfect example of using a Re-amp box then I guess. A solid investment if you start collecting lots of pedals for use with synths. Some pedals are fine at synth level, some require going through a re-amp.

Q. Can I 're-amp' a line-level signal?
📝 Reply