Quantcast
power supply for Antares atr-1 auto tune rack - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
power supply for Antares atr-1 auto tune rack
Old 22nd January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
power supply for Antares atr-1 auto tune rack

so I'm in the process of buying a used Antares atr-1 auto tune rack mount .

the main problem is there is no power supply with it.
can anyone tell me what power supply might be compatible with it? I realize that the mA and volts AC-AC or AC-DC is all very important or you can totally damage the unit.

also it has a weird 7 pin thing on the back as well.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this so thanks once again in advance
Old 25th July 2011
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I had this same problem

Found power supply Its 17v AC
Old 14th April 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FestivalStudios ➡️
Found power supply Its 17v AC
Im looking for an ATR 1 power supply as well Where can I find one ?
Old 3rd April 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
ATR-1A Power Supply

SOLD - I have two of these ATR-1A power supplies for sale with the 7 pin DIN connector.

message me at [email protected]

Last edited by Customcomp; 1st June 2015 at 09:37 AM..
Old 25th January 2017
Here for the gear

Hello there-
HELP!
I know this is an old thread but does anyone out there have an antares atr-1A power supply that they could part with? It has the 7-pin DIN connector and I'm unable to source one through Google searches and whatnot. Any leads/help/suggestions super appreciated!
Old 4th May 2017
Here for the gear

Hi @ rocdaddio any luck?

Or is anyone still selling these?
Old 22nd January 2019
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
According to the information on the label of an ATR1 power supply it uses three separate AC voltage inputs on the 7 Pin DIN plug, 10.5V @ 1A and two independent 17.25V @ 250mA, plus an earth connection.
Some of the wall wart power supplies also have a picture of the pinout connections on the back but the numbers they use don't match the standard 7 pin DIN numbers.
Also not helped by not stating whether the connections are viewed from the plug or socket end.
As far as I can tell the correct numbers for each voltage input using the standard numbering scheme are;
10.5V on pins 2 and 4 (or 2 and 5 if the connections are shown from the other side)
17.25V on pins 1 and 6
17.25V on pins 3 and 7
earth on pin 5 (or 4 if the connections are shown from the other side)

PLEASE NOTE All the above was taken from the label on an Antares ATR1 Power Supply unit, but it must be for an early unit as I have examined the unit I have in the workshop, which is a 1998 V4, and the connections are completely different to the above.

On the 1998 V4 ATR1 the theoretical voltages and currents need to be 10.5V @ 1A as before with 17.25V-0-17.25V @ 0.25A centre tapped.
The connections are as follows;
Pins 4 & 5 are grounded to the chassis
Pin 2 the centre of the 17.25V-0-17.25V winding
Pins 1 and 6 10.5V AC
Pins 3 and 7 the ends of the 17.25V winding.

Internally the unit full wave rectifies and smoothes all the AC inputs and then derives +/- 15V from the 17.25V AC inputs and +5V from the 10.5V AC input.

I have just built an external power supply for one of these using two transformers, a 9V 10VA and a 15V x 2 16VA.
The unit works just fine with these transformers and I have now measured the actual AC currents taken by the unit and they are 400mA on the 10.5V inputs and 75mA on the 17.25V inputs, which means that a 12VA or even 10VA rating for the 15V x 2 transformer should be fine in practice.
I am getting 10.3V on the 10.5V inputs and +/- 18.3V on the 17.25V inputs with my transformers.

I hope this helps someone.

Don Stewart.
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
That's how they were originally intended, with no PSU. They sound a lot better when you don't have one.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…