Quantcast
Who's using Ableton Live? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who's using Ableton Live?
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I've used live for years now. I pretty much use it as a host sequencers, but I've been using the plug ins more and more. For the price, it comes with some amazing plug ins. You have to pay hundreds just for some of the plug ins that come packaged. And the EIC library isn't bad, especially when you glitch 'em out with bit crushers and vynl distortions. and it runs loops better than any other program i've ever used.
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusofMind ➡️
I don't like how live seems to make my music too loopy.
Funny! I have had the same experience. This is not lives fault, but mine though. I have live le (via korg) and I like it well enough. However I seem to make 2/4 bar loops and then I get frustrated trying to make transitions. I'm sure this is me however.

I am really thinking about live for...live use though. I have found logic to be very organic for composing--and note, plenty of loopy behavior there too--but I think for a live setting I would like to go from logic to live so that there is more improvisational composition. W/logic about all i could figure out was track mutes. Naturally I'm not talking big shows here just local entertainment but its a start.

I am not really convinced logic / DP is the way to go for live stuff. I know its possible (DP was used for madonna? according to marketing matl).

One thing that has me staying my hand is...midi jitter. So I am wondering--how many folks record their synths and playback wavs? some synths jitter matters more then others. I have found that w/drums it is super annoying to have flanging. Again this is playback jitter not recording jitter. So for multipart drums it makes sense (to me) to record synth drums and playback the wavs.

At the same time, an acid bassline isn't really impacted so much. And a pad is usually such a wall of sound a few ms here and there isn't going to matter. How do folks use live for live PA w/100% external synths? (I don't have any au/vst).
📝 Reply