The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Novation FX Suite & Automap 3 PRO
Old 21st January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Novation FX Suite & Automap 3 PRO

Novation Music | UK | News & Features

Novation FX Suite

looks ugly "like free starplugs" but interesting, ill have to hear to beleive.
Effects from SuperNovaII : Chorus, Delay, Tremolo, Phaser and Filter.
no vocoder ? no reverb ?
:(
the B/V-Station are not my favorite filters.
hear to beleive.

Automap 3 PRO

with multiple interface support, and drag & drop, but...Β£19.99. ?

novation dont tell if new remotes will include automap 3.
i think has verry few new features to call it Automap 3 PRO.

anyway, ill wait for the free automap 3 standard download and see.
Old 21st January 2009
Lives for gear

Automap "PRO"?

Let me guess: The "PRO" version of Automap actually works?
Old 21st January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Automap works like a charm here. (Version 2 that is)

I'm interested in the possibility to use automap for the touchpad also. I always felt like that was TOTALLY missing. Why install a Touchpad there when it is SO hard to map (basically you have to disable all but one axis and then map it, then enable the next one and map it and so on). I never really used it cause of this.
I guess i might get pro just for this. And maybe for the multiple controller thing - an extra SL Zero would be nice.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone ➑️
Are they expecting you to buy the pro version for another 20 euros even if you spend 5-600 on a controller ?
I ordered a remote sl & if that's the case that seems a little unreasonable.
It IS unreasonable. The hardware (except the keybed) is junk considering the $600 price tag. Cheap and creaky plastic frame with mediocre knobs and sliders. They don't even give you the power supply for $600. It's considered "optional" equipment.

Automap doesn't work as advertised for me. I tried some minor troubleshooting and could only get my Waldorf plug-ins to map correctly and consistently. When I recently put a new CPU and HD in my MacMini, I never even bothered to re-install the Automap software.

I won't pay $30 for "extra" features that are minor upgrades and should be part of the $600 package.

I've been on the fence about dumping mine for a while now. This pretty much pisses me off, and I think I might be selling my ReMOTE 61 SL. The problem is, I don't know what I'd trade it for. There's tons of these things on the market right now but most of them are shoddy, or are lacking certain features I need. Or they just look like ass. That silver plastic crap is really cheesy.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i'm just waiting for a nova / novaII software synth. anything else is just meh to me. having the filters from the snII though may be worth it to hook into v-station. however the effects weren't that great to warrent a purchase as a software plugin. the fact that they were free on the synth and didn't have to be sacrificed in multimode were admirable things, but if they expect to actually sell them as standalone plugins then...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think it's so lame to charge for the update.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I like Automap and Novation, but I'll reiterate what was said here.

Paying for this small update is crappy. I'll I really want is to map the XY pad easily and that's it. This should already be in automap. Paying for that is silly. I actaully really like Automap, but I don't think I'll pay $30 for this small upgrade.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Automap 3 pro lets you use two controllers simultaneously in your DAW

controll two eqs on different channels or whatever you want at the same
time at the price of two Nocturnes and some beers for the software

unpayable
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
scuse my ignorance, but what does HUI stand for:

'HUI control is now fully implemented within Automap, allowing control over all HUI compatible DAW's including Logic, Pro Tools and Digital Performer.'

And BTW, has anyone gotten Automap to work with Logic's softsynths like ES2?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rids ➑️

'HUI control is now fully implemented within Automap, allowing control over all HUI compatible DAW's including Logic, Pro Tools and Digital Performer.'

Human User Interface.
HUI MIDI mapping protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rids ➑️

HUI - Human User Interface was made as a proprietary standard for communication between Mackie controllers and DAWs

Details:
Mackie - HUI - Overview

The site mentions only ProTools but it became supported in everything(Cubase/Logic...) else as well.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I see.

BTW, does anyone know how to send an .sysex template to the Novation SL from a computer? I have some templates in .sysex format on my Macbook, but I don't know how to send them to the SL. I have SySex Librarian for my Mac. I did actaully drag and drop the file onto the Automap software screen and it showed up on the software, but it didn't seem to work to control my synth. Maybe there was one more step I was missing or perhaps I'm supposed to send the .sysex file to the SL via the Sysex librarian. Anyone know?

And for those that don't know, a beta Automap 3 Pro is now available to try out for free.

Focusrite / Novation Beta Testing :: Releases
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Novation FX VST, seriously?

zzzzzzzzz

Wake me when they make an SL Audio.
Old 30th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
So far I've been very happy with my remote 61 sl, and it's worked like a charm. It's also the only really innovative keyed controller out there. Charging money for a software update will not win them any fans though, unless it really has something groundbreaking. I don't think I'll buy it.

-D
πŸ“ Reply