The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Virus Polar and midi via Usb
Old 14th August 2022
  #1
Gear Head
 
Virus Polar and midi via Usb

Hey there
I was searching for that one but did not find anything till no…

If the Virus can send/receive midi signal with usb connection instead of midi cable? The point is that there is no more support for this model. Computer software does not work with Big Sur. Yes i know about alternatives. But i am not interested in any vst for my Polar. Only thing i need that i can see in Cubase midi connection when its connected with usb. I mean, in my opinion should works like other gear i have (Dark Energy or Tempest). But does not..
If i miss some magic button in the synth or i jest should forget about connection that way?
Thanks for any info
Old 15th August 2022
  #2
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurabe ➡️
Hey there
I was searching for that one but did not find anything till no…

If the Virus can send/receive midi signal with usb connection instead of midi cable? The point is that there is no more support for this model. Computer software does not work with Big Sur. Yes i know about alternatives. But i am not interested in any vst for my Polar. Only thing i need that i can see in Cubase midi connection when its connected with usb. I mean, in my opinion should works like other gear i have (Dark Energy or Tempest). But does not..
If i miss some magic button in the synth or i jest should forget about connection that way?
Thanks for any info
No i do not think this is possible. Once a usb is plugged in, the virus essentially becomes an audio/midi interface and requires the use of the TC plugin.

I just tried on my darkstar with no luck.
Old 15th August 2022 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFH ➡️
No i do not think this is possible. Once a usb is plugged in, the virus essentially becomes an audio/midi interface and requires the use of the TC plugin.

I just tried on my darkstar with no luck.
Thats really bad….i hope for some kind of class compilant…Tempest, Analog Key….hey-even simple Dark Energy from Doepfer is recognised in Cubase when connected with usb….pitty
Old 15th August 2022
  #4
Lives for gear
 
danielb's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yes, the Virus TI has USB midi. The device is called "Virus TI Synth".

This way you can use it for example with the Ableton Live External Instrument device.

The Virus automatically switches to Local Off when connected to USB midi.

When connected via USB, the 5-pin DIN midi shows up as "Virus TI Midi", so you can use the Virus as an external midi interface.

D.
Old 15th August 2022 | Show parent
  #5
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb ➡️
Yes, the Virus TI has USB midi. The device is called "Virus TI Synth".

This way you can use it for example with the Ableton Live External Instrument device.

The Virus automatically switches to Local Off when connected to USB midi.

When connected via USB, the 5-pin DIN midi shows up as "Virus TI Midi", so you can use the Virus as an external midi interface.

D.
Yes, i know. Should work that way. I have Virus and i connect with usb to use for the midi.
But my beautiful Cubase does not see anything. Thats way i am asking if i need last drivers for Big Sur which of course i dont have because they are not exist…Are you using midi usb connection with last MacOs maybe?
Old 15th August 2022 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
danielb's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurabe ➡️
Yes, i know. Should work that way. I have Virus and i connect with usb to use for the midi.
But my beautiful Cubase does not see anything. Thats way i am asking if i need last drivers for Big Sur which of course i dont have because they are not exist…Are you using midi usb connection with last MacOs maybe?
Sorry, I missed that this a Mac-specific question.

D.
Old 16th August 2022
  #7
Gear Nut
 
DeeperNET's Avatar
Take a bit of building, but this works: https://github.com/biappi/SimpleVirusUSBMidiDriver

Also, if you purchase the Mystery Island plug-in, they give you the midi driver. I haven’t played with that much since I’m still on Mojave for my music computer.
Old 16th August 2022 | Show parent
  #8
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeperNET ➡️
Take a bit of building, but this works: https://github.com/biappi/SimpleVirusUSBMidiDriver

Also, if you purchase the Mystery Island plug-in, they give you the midi driver. I haven’t played with that much since I’m still on Mojave for my music computer.
Need to download 12.6 gb of xcode to install the PLUGIN….olala...
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4624 views: 650804
Avatar for mxeryus
mxeryus 1 week ago
replies: 55 views: 7563
Avatar for Skallawa
Skallawa 7th May 2009
replies: 881 views: 104441
Avatar for mpresev
mpresev 17th November 2021
replies: 443 views: 59892
Avatar for Neil Martin
Neil Martin 14th February 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump