The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Superbooth 2022 discussion thread
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Superbooth 2022 discussion thread

officially starts tomorrow but already the gear is popping up
@ Reptil media is about to explode - be nice to have a single container for all manufacturers?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Boy, I hope we get an Aira Compact! I've always wanted a synth that isn't quite up to snuff!
Old 1 week ago
More demos of the OB-X8 pls.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A few preview streams have been done ahead of the start tomorrow

Sonicstate:

(Sonic State will be streaming every day of the show at 4pm UK/5pm CEST too)

Gaz Williams with guests: Bob Eats, Paul Whittington of PWM, Richard Nicol of Pittsburgh Modular, Andreas Schneider, George Hearn of UDO and Tom Wies of Synth Anatomy
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Painless ➑️

They offer a whole lot more than anything else does for Β£175, ACB and built in battery for portable adventures. Sounds up to snuff to me.
Agreed. I understand the vitriol around the 1200€ TX-6 pocket mixer. Or even the 2000€ Juno-X if you gotta hate on Roland. But for $200 a pop, these Aira compacts aren't bad value, I'm actually considering buying all 3!

Perfect travel synth. FWIW I've been on plane, train & automobile today and currently inside a hotel room. Only my laptop with me and tbh haven't been inspired to make any music whatsoever.

Not to mention that budget conscious teenager/young adult that may you know.. kick your butt in streams/views/likes. Just saying
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax ➑️
Agreed. I understand the vitriol around the 1200€ TX-6 pocket mixer. Or even the 2000€ Juno-X if you gotta hate on Roland. But for $200 a pop, these Aira compacts aren't bad value, I'm actually considering buying all 3!

Perfect travel synth. FWIW I've been on plane, train & automobile today and currently inside a hotel room. Only my laptop with me and tbh haven't been inspired to make any music whatsoever.

Not to mention that budget conscious teenager/young adult that may you know.. kick your butt in streams/views/likes. Just saying
Id rather have a M8. Way more powerful and super portable. I believe the maker will be at super booth demoing it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab ➑️
Id rather have a M8. Way more powerful and super portable. I believe the maker will be at super booth demoing it.
M8?
Old 1 week ago

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hey guys and girls!
Here's some pictures of the opening. It's the anniversary of Superbooth! (and Gearspace's as well next month, 20 years! .)
We (the GS team) expect to have some videos for you tomorrow evening.
https://www.superbooth.com/en/floorplan.html
Attached Thumbnails
Superbooth 2022 discussion thread-img_1200.jpg   Superbooth 2022 discussion thread-img_1181.jpg   Superbooth 2022 discussion thread-img_1185.jpg   Superbooth 2022 discussion thread-img_1189-cropped.jpg   Superbooth 2022 discussion thread-img_1195-cropped.jpg  

Last edited by Reptil; 1 week ago at 09:00 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Thank you Reptil!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
M8?
https://dirtywave.com/
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Painless ➑️

They offer a whole lot more than anything else does for Β£175, ACB and built in battery for portable adventures. Sounds up to snuff to me.
err, cute little idea they are but gimme an IK Unodrum any day - i will have money left over too

either way - great that these things exist for those that like them
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
@ Reptil can you catch the mad Vlad secret show if he does one?
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
we take it for granted sometimes but if we stop and look at these things, crazy with what can be done eh.....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➑️
we take it for granted sometimes but if we stop and look at these things, crazy with what can be done eh.....
It's crazy for sure. A YouTuber made a whole album with this thing.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
comedy and gear

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
interesting. not a fan of trackers and polyend would seem like a better interface but yeah ultra portable and solid design for sure on that one
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
polyend would seem like a better interface
You'd think so but I can make music much faster on the M8. I sold the Tracker and don't miss it at all.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Eventide got into Eurorack :o

Edit: I guess they did have one delay module before, from about 5 years back. This Misha reminds me of the NDLR..

Bastl Pizza FM/waveshaping oscillator

More of the East Beast.. seems to be unlisted for some reason so you'll need to click through

OB-X8
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What about Moog @ Superbooth? Any actual news from them?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo ➑️
the way the dude looks and the flutey patch he's playing are just made for each other. awesome. i am so getting this thing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Twisted Electrons Blast Beats

UDO Super-6 new firmware features and custom one off white keyboard

UNO Synth Pro limited black edition (goggles on standby), also shows their new PCM recorder and 4 amplitube powered guitar pedals (distortion, modulation, delay, reverb).. they look pretty cool
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➑️
comedy and gear
Cre8Audio has been knocking it out of the park lately. Their Chipz module is one of my favorites (even though I'm apparently in a minority for loving it so much). With voice modules becoming so cheap, I've been entertaining the notion of a simple modular polysynth, and the East Beast is a good contender for something like that. $1000 for a four-voice polysynth? Yes, please!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo ➑️
$600 for a module is steep, but not unexpected from Eventide. I had dismissed it for a whole second, but then I noticed it's got three note polyphony and the CV outs can be configured to output waveforms. Ambient machine anybody?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I really like the sound of the East Beast as well. Molten Music Technology does a really good review of it. Cre8Audio East Beast And at $250 - wow!

Can we expect a West Quest next year?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sonic State thursday livestream should be starting shortly..
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➑️
I've been entertaining the notion of a simple modular polysynth, and the East Beast is a good contender for something like that. $1000 for a four-voice polysynth? Yes, please!
may we remind you that doepfer already has a perfectly functioning synth voice available: https://www.thomannmusic.com/doepfer_a_111_6.htm

I doubt you need 4 times a keyboard and the other non-junk-stuff from the EastBeast.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Teenage Engineering OP-2000.. erm I mean OP-1 Field

Polyend Play

General walkaround with Hans (musotalk) - mostly in German
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by emorc ➑️
may we remind you that doepfer already has a perfectly functioning synth voice available: https://www.thomannmusic.com/doepfer_a_111_6.htm

I doubt you need 4 times a keyboard and the other non-junk-stuff from the EastBeast.
Ah, but this has a multimode filter!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
freshly updated weener design from IK - looks miles better than the original - also a 4trk portable interface works with phone etc

πŸ“ Reply