48x64 pixel monochrome display

in and outputs

32-bit/48kHz usb interface
3.5 mm mini jack to 6.3 mm jack
headset mic input
aux output
connect to iPhone®, lightning cable
stereo or mono for each input
A portable 6-track mixer and audio interface.
Old 21st April 2022
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
You forgot to mention the price... which is quite something
Old 21st April 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by uly81 ➡️
You forgot to mention the price... which is quite something
from $1199

At that price it better have SSL or Neve sonic quality.
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
TX must stand for "Terribly Xpensive"
Old 21st April 2022
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
"Super Slimline Cables" is listed as feature!

They are £10 (minijack) or £15 (1/4" pair), custom made. So got to add that on to the price, too. Better get a couple of spares...

Cool little device, but the price!?
Old 21st April 2022
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I was a bit interested until I saw that price... in any case I don't think it's a right fit for me anyways since I'm not gonna be doing many live shows anymore, so portability is less of a factor.
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years

Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

$1199 USD? Damn, they are really digging the screws into software engineers who want to be seen as musicians on instagram.

Jokes aside, it looks like a pretty cool device for what it is, and I wish there were more compact stereo mixers in general. Maybe not this small, but more MX-1 sized.
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
One thing that is most tempting for me is the iOS support. It could be a nice way to stream live sets from an iPhone. It could be a great way to record instagram gear videos. But it's really pricey.
Old 21st April 2022
Gear Head

This just looks like a design exercise where they push how portable and minimalist something can possibly be instead of how portable it should be while still retaining usability. At this price things need to be integrated into the studio to a degree and I can't see myself reaching for something this twiddly.

I might be wrong but I imagine this isn't going to appeal to anyone that isn't sold on the opz ecosystem. (I tried it, got rid of it)
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

I like the concept but the sequencer/synthesizer is way too limited IMHO and the whole design is far too small for my big fingers. Don't even get me started on the price....

Still love my old OP-1 though.
Old 21st April 2022
Gear Head

If I had enough money to buy one of these, I would probably buy something else. But I do love TE and the built in sequencer and synth looks interesting.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids ➡️
One thing that is most tempting for me is the iOS support. It could be a nice way to stream live sets from an iPhone. It could be a great way to record instagram gear videos. But it's really pricey.
The Roland Go:Mixer works at this pretty well, if you're okay with having two monos, a quarter inch stereo, and two stereo mini jacks. It doesn't have cool effects/meters/a screen but it is ~100 USD.
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
$1200?
i just bought a tiny maker hart mixer for $37, and ground loop filter for $8
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by space skeleton ➡️
The Roland Go:Mixer works at this pretty well, if you're okay with having two monos, a quarter inch stereo, and two stereo mini jacks. It doesn't have cool effects/meters/a screen but it is ~100 USD.
Yeah, I already have mixers, I only need to capture a single stereo input.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids ➡️
from $1199

At that price it better have SSL or Neve sonic quality.
It won't. When you pay for a TE product, you mostly pay for the design/workflow. Sometimes this works (e.g. OP-1, pocket operators etc.) and some other times it doesn't (e.g. their modular synth, or that flimsy semi-open computer case they make)
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolafish ➡️
$1200?
i just bought a tiny maker hart mixer for $37, and ground loop filter for $8
I'm not trying to defend them, but that maker hart mixer you bought is nowhere near the functionality or the build quality they provide with their product...let alone the design/aesthetics of it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Climax ➡️
I'm not trying to defend them, but that maker hart mixer you bought is nowhere near the functionality or the build quality they provide with their product...let alone the design/aesthetics of it.
Yes. I just watched the videos, there is definitely enough to consider there. especially since i got the maker hart yesterday, immediately tried to figure out how to get everything routed thru some other effects i have here. some regular size mixers dont even have all that stuff in it

i wonder if you would still need an isolator for this
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Very cool looking device. I don't know what to think of the price. If it has high quality components (can you even fit such there?) and they've put effort to make it ethically, it might be justified.
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
£££££ funny price
i'd buy a proper mixer
Old 21st April 2022
Gear Guru

GTFO with that price.

Looks amazing for two fiddy/etc.
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
not to pig pile, but even $500 would be a scoff worthy price
Old 21st April 2022
Gear Guru

Apparently I need more succulents to get the use cases where this makes sense. Lemme try:

Lives in Fontainebleau, gigs in Paris and Metz, takes the train everywhere, is disabled, needs light load, makes Baroque Ambient Sluggo Hop Step, and only has a backpack worth of shit to gig with, but that's okay, there are only 40 people at the gallery that night anyway. Travel light. Tres chic.

Am I getting warm?
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
since they're Swedish and "think different", when I looked at the price, I thought cool, $199, I may have to pick this up sometime, then I noticed the actual price which was written like 1 199, and I though, oh, yeah, right. I mean these are the people who sell a bluetooth speaker (offwhite) for $1 150.
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It’s a12 input A/D interface - when you look at it through that lense the price isn’t insane. If it sounds great, then might be comparable to an RME interface, f I assume the converters are nice and the drivers good

Its apple level design, that’s rare in the music kit world. Some people are willing to pay for that
Old 21st April 2022
Pug
Gear Maniac

This thing looks good. But it’s stupidly small, why only mini tele, why include a synth and a sequencer?
Old 21st April 2022
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Looks dental, which will presumably be the market. Operated via toothpick.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno ➡️
It’s a12 input A/D interface - when you look at it through that lense the price isn’t insane. If it sounds great, then might be comparable to an RME interface, f I assume the converters are nice and the drivers good

Its apple level design, that’s rare in the music kit world. Some people are willing to pay for that
definitely not for the poors like me.
Old 21st April 2022
DGL
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Given once tax at 20% is added I can buy 5 Behringer Flow-8's for less than the price of this (with £80 change!) I can't understand the price, even paying a premium for the brand.
Yes a Flow 8 has 4 less inputs (although the stereo USB/BT input is not part of the 8 channels), is physically larger, has no synth or sequencer and has no in built in battery (though it can be powered with a USB power bank) the price no where near makes up for the "extras".

Also I don't count any device that uses 3.5mm input jacks as professional, even if it is supposed to be a compact field recorder. Remember the 6 little devices that you may want to connect to this are still not going to be tiny so a bigger mixer is hardly a deal breaker.
Old 21st April 2022
Gear Nut

Blue box

Blue box from 1010, is half its price, has no battery and no interface but also half the price
📝 Reply