The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
October 2021 New Gear Thread
Old 29th October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping ➡️
I keep reading about this pedal. What makes it special?
It's just handy for stereo synths and whatnot and is a relatively inexpensive tube (sounding) analog overdrive with some
handy features. It's from ehx and comes pretty well recommended. I just wanted some workhorse stereo pedals before moving
onto the more unusual and interesting boutique stuff which I tend to like.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro ➡️
It's just handy for stereo synths and whatnot and is a relatively inexpensive tube (sounding) analog overdrive with some
I was going to say it being FET based would likely yield a smoother more tube like overdrive & higher gain distortion. Stereo/Mono and line level is a win win for synths and drum machines.

If I didn’t already have a (cough cough lol) Culture Vulture I’d probably be all over it.
Lives for gear

just ordered: RK-006.
will be a proper „spinal chord“ for my rig.

October 2021 New Gear Thread-rk006-image.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
October 2021 New Gear Thread-rk006-image.jpg  
Old 29th October 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Forgive me Father for I have synthed...

A little teaser. Unfortunately I'm still in corporate drone slave mode so the unveiling will have to wait.
Attached Thumbnails
October 2021 New Gear Thread-img_20211029_102847181.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz ➡️
Forgive me Father for I have synthed...

A little teaser. Unfortunately I'm still in corporate drone slave mode so the unveiling will have to wait.
Pray three Hail Mary's and play to your synth's content. 😉

Congratz!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
Pray three Hail Mary's and play to your synth's content. 😉

Congratz!
Should that be Take 5 Hail Marys?

58 minutes until they unchain me. Barring any "emergencies" (a term I use loosely, as everything at work is always an "emergency"). Today's been one of those days... it has crawled, and not because I have a brand new synth sitting in a box on the kitchen table either. It's just been one of THOSE days at work.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sin night ➡️
[...]especially a very good mic... but that's just gas, because I don't use mics that much and I'm looking at an expensive model![...]
And here I am with a brand new Austrian Audio OC818!
I probably don't need it, I definitely don't deserve it but... I dreamed so long to get a really good microphone! I always had other priorities in the past years (synths, pedals, good audio interface, more synths...), so I never invested in a serious microphone (my best one is a sE 2200a II C, which does the job and is not bad... but I wanted something more high end). Now my skills are the weakest part!

I also bought a keyboard stand (I needed a different one since I reorganized my setup last summer), but I'm not sure I did the right choice because of the size (the stand is great and solid, though!), and a Signal Blender by Old Blood Noise Endeavours, which I will use to blend distortion in parallel to synths/drum machines (I'm not a guitar player).

So, now I'm thinking if I also *need* some plugins...
Attached Thumbnails
October 2021 New Gear Thread-austrian-audio-oc818-1.jpg   October 2021 New Gear Thread-austrian-audio-oc818-2.jpg   October 2021 New Gear Thread-austrian-audio-oc818-3.jpg  
Old 30th October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Need? Deserve?

Those things have no place here.

Congrats, and enjoy it guilt-free!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Actually, it is expensive and hard to justify in relation of what I do.
But I figured that a good piece of gear like this is something I can enjoy for years to come, it’s not something that breaks or goes out of fashion in just a few years.
Old 30th October 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I never got around to posting the unboxing in the New Gear thread, though I represented it well in the Take 5 and the Cats&Synths thread... so here's a few highlights...

Oberheim is helping me unseal the box

Sniff test. Nothing like that San Francisco new synth smell!

First test. I had an issue with the pitch wheel which Sequential support and I were able to resolve. She's workin' great now.

And I managed to shoehorn it onto my stand. Sorry Bass Station II, you're homeless, at least temporarily.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I never got around to posting the unboxing in the New Gear thread, though I represented it well in the Take 5 and the Cats&Synths thread... so here's a few highlights...

Oberheim is helping me unseal the box

Sniff test. Nothing like that San Francisco new synth smell!

First test. I had an issue with the pitch wheel which Sequential support and I were able to resolve. She's workin' great now.

And I managed to shoehorn it onto my stand. Sorry Bass Station II, you're homeless, at least temporarily.
Congrats.

I decided to wait for a used one later on when I decide to sell something else off. I will be interested in yours (and Oberheim's) long term opinion.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat ➡️
Congrats.

I decided to wait for a used one later on when I decide to sell something else off. I will be interested in yours (and Oberheim's) long term opinion.
I've got some initial impressions and a quick demo in the Take 5 thread.

What's interesting is I didn't have an analog polysynth for 8 years, and then I get 2 (both DSI/Sequential) in the same month. Self control is apparently not something I'm very good at.

So far I'm quite impressed. It sounds great, it's got VCOs, a powerful mod matrix, a nice keybed, two LFOs, decent effects. If you're looking for a VCO poly with a 24db LPF this one is definitely worth checking out, especially for the price. It has a completely different sound to the OB-6, so I can use both in a track and they'll complement each other. I see using the T5 for lead/bass duties and OB-6 for pads in most tracks, though they can certainly exchange roles there.
Quote:

Self control is apparently not something I'm very good at.
Don't worry Father Dave forgives you.

Attached Thumbnails
October 2021 New Gear Thread-father-dave.jpg  
Old 24th December 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Tonewheel ➡️
After 15 years with my Onyx 400F, it was time to upgrade.
Still got my 2 Mackies 400f. Nothing better than them! Do you really like the rme card better?
Old 24th December 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
The 400F sounds really good, but to my ears, the RME is better (sounds clearer and more defined, which some people don’t care for). I loved my 400F and had it forever, but since Mackie doesn’t do driver support, i felt it was just a matter of time until the drivers wouldn’t work anymore, so I did my research, and decided on the RME. I really like it, and if I had the choice, I’d pick it over the 400F even though the 400F sounds great. FYI, I’m running through Adam A7X’s.
Closed