The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland SP-404 MKII
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
Is it possible to adjust the volume of the single instrument tracks after recording a pattern?
You can adjust the volume of the pad itself and that will affect the pattern.

One thing I can't do and looks like a bug, is importing projects!!! Just can't be done, the SP stays on "EMPTY". Not even the project number appears. If it did, I would have been able to import stuff from it.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN ➡️
You can adjust the volume of the pad itself and that will affect the pattern.

One thing I can't do and looks like a bug, is importing projects!!! Just can't be done, the SP stays on "EMPTY". Not even the project number appears. If it did, I would have been able to import stuff from it.
Can you comment on the dj mode?

Thanks
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidjkat ➡️
Can you comment on the dj mode?

Thanks
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➡️
Thanks. I've already seen that and all he does is fade one track over the other. I'm keen to know what the sync is like. Cheers.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This is a nice lengthy look through all the effects:

Makes me think, some kind of pseudo scratch effect would be nice.
I'd like a looper too.

Never enough effects.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly.maceo ➡️
Has anyone else run into this?
The connect button in the app doesn't show up for me. Could this have to do with the type of cable I'm using? Generic usb c to usb a.
Also, the scaling of the sp-404mkII app is too large, I can only see the whole app when I switch my resolution from 1360x786 to 1280x1024.
I'm still running on win10 pro version 1803. This might be the reason for it not functioning. Since updating windows causes my internet not to function, I still roll with an older version of windows.
Thanks for any replies in advance!
Disclosure- I don’t have an Mk2 but some cables are charging cables and no data wires are in them. Cost saver. Maybe that is the issue.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
The headphone only listening is good. A great thing would have been to implement synchronized sample triggering (like ableton live) because it doesn't look like it's possible to trigger loops in sync in the default mode AFAIK? The note repeat isn't really doing that.

Is it possible to repitch a sample loop automatically according to the main BPM, like a record, outside the DJ mode, relative to the original loop BPM?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

faceplate

Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Thanks so much, this was the reason!
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Is anyone else having a hell of a time getting pads to trigger? I would say that with a simple boom bap drum beat I am missing about 15% of the notes and with a 4 on the floor style beat its almost 50% with 3 simultaneous trigger. Forget anything complex as it won't even register fast, sequential inputs.

Before anyone asks, I've tried every pad setting. And updated.

Last edited by Millions; 5 hours ago at 12:01 AM.. Reason: Jumping ahead of troubleshooting.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions ➡️
Is anyone else having a hell of a time getting pads to trigger? I would say that with a simple boom bap drum beat I am missing about 15% of the notes and with a 4 on the floor style beat its almost 50% with 3 simultaneous trigger. Forget anything complex as it won't even register fast, sequential inputs.

Mine seems to work fine
Gear Head

Quote:
Mine seems to work fine
Hopefully I don't have a bad unit. I saw 1 YouTuber mention this issue as well. He did the MPC One vs SP404 MKii comparison.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hopefully I don't have a bad unit. I saw 1 YouTuber mention this issue as well. He did the MPC One vs SP404 MKii comparison.
I need to investigate this further as I deactivated the velocity sensitivity most of the time so I am not sure I didn't miss a potential problem here.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Mine is working fine as well...
Gear Head

I've disabled velocity sensitivity as well. Tried upping sensitivity as well and messing around with every setting (barring threshold as that would only make things worse). I've also factory reset besides updating just to be safe.
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I've disabled velocity sensitivity as well. Tried upping sensitivity as well and messing around with every setting (barring threshold as that would only make things worse). I've also factory reset besides updating just to be safe.
I guess it must be a problem with your unit then. Mine never missed a trigger so far, with or without velocity sensitivity.
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
I guess it must be a problem with your unit then. Mine never missed a trigger so far, with or without velocity sensitivity.
Wild. I'll have to test further because it's happening with multiple pads.
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
On my part, when I received the MK2, I opened the box and began using it. I noticed a lot of bugs, and triggers were a bit late. A day after, I checked the firmware and was at v1.01. I updated it to v1.13 and everything has been tight so far.

Also, from experience with updating gear, sometimes you have to download the firmware all over again. An undetected hiccup can cause it to glitch the 1st time. I usually download after midnight because there is less traffic to cause an interruption from the net.

But my pads are fine. Almost like a real drummer feel to the sound.
📝 Reply