Quantcast
Roland SP-404 MKII - Page 33 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland SP-404 MKII
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
  #961
Lives for gear
 
ILL GREEN's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
Is it possible to adjust the volume of the single instrument tracks after recording a pattern?
You can adjust the volume of the pad itself and that will affect the pattern.

One thing I can't do and looks like a bug, is importing projects!!! Just can't be done, the SP stays on "EMPTY". Not even the project number appears. If it did, I would have been able to import stuff from it.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
  #962
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN ➡️
You can adjust the volume of the pad itself and that will affect the pattern.

One thing I can't do and looks like a bug, is importing projects!!! Just can't be done, the SP stays on "EMPTY". Not even the project number appears. If it did, I would have been able to import stuff from it.
Can you comment on the dj mode?

Thanks
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
  #963
Lives for gear
 
cresshead's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidjkat ➡️
Can you comment on the dj mode?

Thanks
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
  #964
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➡️
Thanks. I've already seen that and all he does is fade one track over the other. I'm keen to know what the sync is like. Cheers.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
  #965
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
This is a nice lengthy look through all the effects:



Makes me think, some kind of pseudo scratch effect would be nice.
I'd like a looper too.

Never enough effects.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #966
Lives for gear
 
Catabolic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly.maceo ➡️
Has anyone else run into this?
The connect button in the app doesn't show up for me. Could this have to do with the type of cable I'm using? Generic usb c to usb a.
Also, the scaling of the sp-404mkII app is too large, I can only see the whole app when I switch my resolution from 1360x786 to 1280x1024.
I'm still running on win10 pro version 1803. This might be the reason for it not functioning. Since updating windows causes my internet not to function, I still roll with an older version of windows.
Thanks for any replies in advance!
Disclosure- I don’t have an Mk2 but some cables are charging cables and no data wires are in them. Cost saver. Maybe that is the issue.
Old 2 days ago
  #967
Lives for gear
The headphone only listening is good. A great thing would have been to implement synchronized sample triggering (like ableton live) because it doesn't look like it's possible to trigger loops in sync in the default mode AFAIK? The note repeat isn't really doing that.

Is it possible to repitch a sample loop automatically according to the main BPM, like a record, outside the DJ mode, relative to the original loop BPM?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
  #968
Lives for gear
 
cresshead's Avatar
faceplate

Old 1 day ago | Show parent
  #969
Here for the gear
 
Thanks so much, this was the reason!
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
  #970
Gear Head
 
Is anyone else having a hell of a time getting pads to trigger? I would say that with a simple boom bap drum beat I am missing about 15% of the notes and with a 4 on the floor style beat its almost 50% with 3 simultaneous trigger. Forget anything complex as it won't even register fast, sequential inputs.

Before anyone asks, I've tried every pad setting. And updated.

Last edited by Millions; 5 hours ago at 12:01 AM.. Reason: Jumping ahead of troubleshooting.
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
  #971
Lives for gear
 
Eigenwert's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions ➡️
Is anyone else having a hell of a time getting pads to trigger? I would say that with a simple boom bap drum beat I am missing about 15% of the notes and with a 4 on the floor style beat its almost 50% with 3 simultaneous trigger. Forget anything complex as it won't even register fast, sequential inputs.

Before anyone asks, I've tried every pad setting. And updated.
Mine seems to work fine
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
  #972
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
Mine seems to work fine
Hopefully I don't have a bad unit. I saw 1 YouTuber mention this issue as well. He did the MPC One vs SP404 MKii comparison.
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
  #973
Lives for gear
 
Eigenwert's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions ➡️
Hopefully I don't have a bad unit. I saw 1 YouTuber mention this issue as well. He did the MPC One vs SP404 MKii comparison.
I need to investigate this further as I deactivated the velocity sensitivity most of the time so I am not sure I didn't miss a potential problem here.
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
  #974
Gear Head
 
purling's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions ➡️
Is anyone else having a hell of a time getting pads to trigger? I would say that with a simple boom bap drum beat I am missing about 15% of the notes and with a 4 on the floor style beat its almost 50% with 3 simultaneous trigger. Forget anything complex as it won't even register fast, sequential inputs.

Before anyone asks, I've tried every pad setting. And updated.
Mine is working fine as well...
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
  #975
Gear Head
 
I've disabled velocity sensitivity as well. Tried upping sensitivity as well and messing around with every setting (barring threshold as that would only make things worse). I've also factory reset besides updating just to be safe.
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
  #976
Lives for gear
 
Eigenwert's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions ➡️
I've disabled velocity sensitivity as well. Tried upping sensitivity as well and messing around with every setting (barring threshold as that would only make things worse). I've also factory reset besides updating just to be safe.
I guess it must be a problem with your unit then. Mine never missed a trigger so far, with or without velocity sensitivity.
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
  #977
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
I guess it must be a problem with your unit then. Mine never missed a trigger so far, with or without velocity sensitivity.
Wild. I'll have to test further because it's happening with multiple pads.
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
  #978
Lives for gear
 
ILL GREEN's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
On my part, when I received the MK2, I opened the box and began using it. I noticed a lot of bugs, and triggers were a bit late. A day after, I checked the firmware and was at v1.01. I updated it to v1.13 and everything has been tight so far.

Also, from experience with updating gear, sometimes you have to download the firmware all over again. An undetected hiccup can cause it to glitch the 1st time. I usually download after midnight because there is less traffic to cause an interruption from the net.

But my pads are fine. Almost like a real drummer feel to the sound.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 21 views: 3723
Avatar for jpeg
jpeg 30th June 2016
replies: 28326 views: 2591096
Avatar for elginchris
elginchris 6 days ago
replies: 3306 views: 66669
Avatar for Synth Guru
Synth Guru 21st August 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump