Roland SP-404 MKII - Page 17 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland SP-404 MKII
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm ➡️
That screenshot shows it as 2 in, 4 out
Whoops I'm big time dumb. Ignore the fact that I only looked at the hover over 😂
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
You are late to the party. Thomann is accepting since the release and the first batch already is long sold out, if you order now you're waiting for stock that Thomann is expecting to get in 14-18 weeks.
True, maybe it is better to buy in my local music shop when they arrive?
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
The estimated shipping date was postponed to December-17 BTW.
What do you mean / how do you know? For me it shows November 30.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viaren ➡️
Does anyone consider preordering? Thomann in Europe is accepting now. My concern is that rev1 hardware may have bugs or faults that has not surfaced yet. What do you guys think?
Look for a store with an appropriate return policy to dodge any release day show-stopping bug or major hardware faults. Given Roland's recent track record, I'd say the chances of an hardware issue happening are super low.

They tend to have quick firmware fixes for big release bugs. After that, how much firmware support they offer over mid/long term varies per products, but they've been increasingly better at it in the past few years, and I'm guessing the SP is an important product for them.

That said, if you are worried about lesser bugs and general early adoption annoyances, then assume you'll have to wait more or less a year to see if/how those bumps are ironed out. It takes time for things to stabilize.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech ➡️
What do you mean / how do you know? For me it shows November 30.
That's strange - did you preorder before the ordering site was even up? I was receiving my order confirmation on Oct-13 at 10:47 CET, just minutes after the SP-404 MKII page went live. On Oct-15 at 22:33 I was notified that the estimated shipping date has been postponed from Nov-30 to Dec-17.
Lives for gear

apart from the reviewer versions i think anyone else will be very lucky indeed to get a SP-404 MKii this side of new year.

The xmas backlog on everything moving around the world is going to make things very tough.

hope i'm wrong here of course but .. tentative arrival dates are quite speculative at best.
Old 3 hours ago
Here for the gear
Sorry to keep asking questions but i can't find the answer to this one. On the SX I remember not being able to save bpm for different patterns. All of the patterns in the machine are tied to the same bpm so whenever I started a new project on the same SD card I had to write down all of the bpm then manually change them when switching projects. Does anybody know if it's the same for the mkii or if it can save the settings for each pattern or at least project? Thanks!

Last edited by Mort Chud; 3 hours ago at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

finger drumming

Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Chud ➡️
Sorry to keep asking questions but i can't find the answer to this one. On the SX I remember not being able to save bpm for different patterns. All of the patterns in the machine are tied to the same bpm so whenever I started a new project on the same SD card I had to write down all of the bpm then manually change them when switching projects. Does anybody know if it's the same for the mkii or if it can save the settings for each pattern or at least project? Thanks!
refernce manual on bpm

short answer all 3, sample, bank and project
Attached Thumbnails
Roland SP-404 MKII-screenshot-oct-17-23-06-11.jpg  
📝 Reply