Quantcast
Incoming - Elektron Syntakt! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Incoming - Elektron Syntakt!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Incoming - Elektron Syntakt!

Hot off the presses. Elektron recently (21July) filled a trademark for a new electronic instrument called Syntakt. Smart money would be on this being a follow up to the Digi* line (Digitones, Digitakt) in a similar form factor, probably a synth. Digital or analog? We will have to wait and see. The other interesting prediction on Elektronauts was a vocal synthesizer, with the name as a play on "syntax." That seems a bit farfetched, but who knows?

This thread will be updated as details emerge. The baseless speculation starts now!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Analog monosynth in the form factor of the Digitone and Digitakt.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooderson ➡️
Analog monosynth in the form factor of the Digitone and Digitakt.
thats it right there

perhaps 4 or 8 part analogue synth with a few new tricks
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Evidently, the word “takt” in Swedish can translate to “beat.” So, perhaps this is a “beat synth”? Maybe the analog half of the Rytm, or a digital follow up to the MD?

But monosynth isn’t a bad guess
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Digitone is FM, Digitakt is samples, so would Syntakt also be sample based? Or maybe minus "digi" means analog? If "takt" means beat, maybe an analog drum machine/groovebox?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The Elektron 'takt' platform has so far been digital and the OSes have the same code-base, so I think hopes for something analogue are misplaced, especially seeing as how Elektron is now structured from a corporate perspective (big money came on board, demanding focused branding and efficiency).
Wondering if it could be another digital drum machine based upon Digitone's architecture? DT has been exploited as quite a cool rhythm box tbh...
Otherwise, could be a reboot of digital subtractive synthesis as per the MnM? They've not done that in a while, and the 'takt' platform's mature feature-rich digital codebase is acheing to be exploited by something like this.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Drum synth
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I would be extremely interested in an analog drum synth from Elektron. I can't bring myself to buy an LXR-02 quite yet.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Perhaps it’s a “takt” version of machine drum? That would be awesome.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It's not going to be analog
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I preordered the digitakt when it was first announced, assuming it had a drum synth inside along sampling, and being disappointed when it did not. I would welcome a digi drum synths box, or better yet a drum synth and monomachine synth engines box. Either of those, separately or together would be cool.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy ➡️
The baseless speculation starts now!
It's a 12-osc, 128-voice analog synth with custom wavetable support and 32 effect types. It will retail at $99.99
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds1fs1r ➡️
I preordered the digitakt when it was first announced, assuming it had a drum synth inside along sampling, and being disappointed when it did not. I would welcome a digi drum synths box.
Well that's what the Model Cycle is, you might not like its sounds or specs but it's a "digi-drum" box.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Based on the name it is 99% chance that it will be a digital drum synthesizer, like a digitakt but not sample based
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

If it is a digital drum synth, I wonder if it'll have pads.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Well my guess would be the obvious: a digitakt combined with a synthesizer in one enclosure.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
My hope is for an Elektron mixer. Maybe the Synt in the name is short for Syntax. Syntax = arrangement.

eh its a long shot
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think this is going to be their new incarnation of the MD, in a digi sized box with multitrack overbridge
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Someone posted this news on Reddit several days ago. Pretty interesting.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping ➡️
I would be extremely interested in an analog drum synth from Elektron. I can't bring myself to buy an LXR-02 quite yet.
um
might want to check Elektron's website
like seven years ago
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
OG machine drum and mono machine together in a digitakt enclosure… a man can dream.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
Someone posted this news on Reddit several days ago. Pretty interesting.
I searched Reddit for “Elektron” and “syntakt” and couldn’t find anything?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
huh interesting, yeah I immediately thought takt-analog-4 but you all might be right and its a mini-machinedrum

That would also make a lot of marketing sense
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
whatever it is i look forward to it
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c ➡️
I think this is going to be their new incarnation of the MD, in a digi sized box
Damn, I hope you are correct. This is what I have been wishing for! I thought it might be called a digidrum but syntakt is cool.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➡️
whatever it is i look forward to it
Agreed. But I do think it will be a digital MD reborn, maybe with some analog filter action on the outputs kind of thing.
For me the only Elektron miss was Rytm. And of course the handles. I bought 3 and I have to squint at all 3 tiny serial numbers. They aren't even used. The Model machines are going for $249 now, surely meant to recover from the misfire.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds1fs1r ➡️
Agreed. But I do think it will be a digital MD reborn, maybe with some analog filter action on the outputs kind of thing.
For me the only Elektron miss was Rytm. And of course the handles. I bought 3 and I have to squint at all 3 tiny serial numbers. They aren't even used. The Model machines are going for $249 now, surely meant to recover from the misfire.
I have been thinking about getting a Rytm. May I ask why you think it is a miss?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKen ➡️
I have been thinking about getting a Rytm. May I ask why you think it is a miss?
It has good performance features and it is spec'd well but I just didn't like its sound. It sounds muffled to me and I tried different sounds. I think maybe if I use the indie outs and sum them outside the box it will sound better? I have other drum machines that I like more. If you are going to drop that kind of cash you should at least read up on and seriously consider the Gotharman Spazedrum--it has high quality full sound, pure analog path for the 4 analog voices, 4 digital voices, and cross-mod of the analog voice with digital samples (something the Rytm can not do). This last feature creates endlessly different yet still analog voices. Makes it a great and unique box for years to come.
Old 2 weeks ago
Kja
Lives for gear
I think it will be the size of the digi boxes but with pads to play like the analog rythm and have basically the rythm sound engine but digital, maybe analog if it is stripped down enough. I'm hoping for a octatrack like thing though.. we need a new flagship.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrono ➡️
um
might want to check Elektron's website
like seven years ago
Okay yeah, you got me there. I meant in the *takt line, but your point is valid.
📝 Reply