Quantcast
What Will You Do When ALL Classic Synths Are Cloned? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Will You Do When ALL Classic Synths Are Cloned?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What Will You Do When ALL Classic Synths Are Cloned?

When you finally have a copy of that classic synth you have always wanted, or even the real one, what will you pine for next?

More to the point: what HASN'T been done already and what can we look forward to in the future of music tech?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I will finally get to take that long dump I’ve always wanted to take.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
LOL, a bit of a troll thread,

But people owning Roland vintage gear are safe, that manufacturer is completely clueless. They claim "not chasing ghosts" while milking all their vintage synths and fame to sell cloud subscription, hypocrites...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have all the ones from the 70's I want already, except for the Synthi VC3. 80's pop music sucked and those lame synths I lived thru is the reason why ... ignoring for the moment hair metal bands with makeup

Judging from what I hear on pop radio today, the first step is to get past the piano that's been en vogue for a few hundred years. It's by far the most common instrument I hear right now.

Fear not, the most forgettable music in history is almost over - software based music since the millennium ... at least those 90's EDM parties before that were pretty cool.

More seriously, just like guitars, brass sections and electric pianos what is going to happen someday is a new hardware instrument - not a synth - that finally changes the landscape.

I was hoping for the didgeridoo but it didn't quite become pop - yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Saving my money for the B4XT Ultra and BPS-16 when Uli gets really crazy and starts the sampler revival.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Same as 98.9.% of the people in this forum…

Continue to make crappy music
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
AI will complete the cycle, your meaningless tracks will be assimilated
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I’d want a clone of the clone, of course.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I will anxiously await the inevitable threads comparing the original to the copy. Followed by threads comparing the software version to the copy. Then... how the OG synth had that certain 'something' that isnt reflected in the new one. Rinse / repeat...

All your base are belong to us
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I will return to my home planet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I’m already not pining for anything and I don’t have a clone of anything.
Old 4 weeks ago
Crash a small private airplane into an IRS office!

I'm still waiting for clones of 1990s soft-synths....
Old 4 weeks ago
I'd buy a VAZ Modular clone.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Cremation?!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The only thing I want is a true 1:1 reissue of the SP-1200. I couldn’t be less interested in the various knock offs around. I don’t want anything aside from the exact beast (well ok maybe a built in SD card instead of the floppy drive), no additional sample time, no anything else.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I will clone my self several times to make a synth band with all those classic synths
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Buy more guitars, of course.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
clones of the Lexicon 224XL and 480, AMS 15-80S, Ursa Major Space Station all with whatever analog bits made them sound so good not just DSP in a rack unit
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_KPX ➡️
When you finally have a copy of that classic synth you have always wanted, or even the real one, what will you pine for next?

More to the point: what HASN'T been done already and what can we look forward to in the future of music tech?
When they've all been cloned, clone them all again, and again, and again, and again again. Clone the clones over and over. Or they could clone two synths into one, so pick a Jupiter 4 and an OB6 and mix the two synths together to form a super Jupiter 6. Much can still be done.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
detune them ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

than what!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I want keytar versions.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by camus2 ➡️
LOL, a bit of a troll thread,

But people owning Roland vintage gear are safe, that manufacturer is completely clueless. They claim "not chasing ghosts" while milking all their vintage synths and fame to sell cloud subscription, hypocrites...
Roland could still remake their legacy machines as people will pay a premium for an exact copy in terms of sound and durability. I doubt they are interested but we never know, been saying the same thing for two decades now and have some old Rolands that I'd like new replacements for but think I'll be a 'ghost' before they get around to it at this rate.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Other than the Moog System 55, I haven't bought any clones I pined over. What I did buy however, has made me happy someone took the time to do it affordably.

- Moog System 55 / Poly D
- Synclavier
- ARP Odyssey
- ARP 2600
- ARP 2500
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabme ➡️
Roland could still remake their legacy machines as people will pay a premium for an exact copy in terms of sound and durability. I doubt they are interested but we never know, been saying the same thing for two decades now and have some old Rolands that I'd like new replacements for but think I'll be a 'ghost' before they get around to it at this rate.
The boutiques were inevitably disappointing for me.
The Reface though, were very cool! I got all four.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I wanna see that Trident MKI clone first
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

As time moves on new classics are born, thus the cycle will never end.

Obviously.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_KPX ➡️
I've had most of the classic synths that I've wanted in the past. I'll just do what I do now, keep looking for something new that makes interesting/different sounds.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➡️
When they've all been cloned, clone them all again, and again, and again, and again again. Clone the clones over and over.
This forum is not about guitars.
📝 Reply