Sequential Take 5

Sequential Take 5-take-5-top-scaled.jpg

Info from Abtmusic & Dutch Synthforum:

https://www.synthforum.nl/threads/3808999/

https://www.abtmusic.eu/sequential-take-5-synth/

Take 5 specs :

OSCILLATORS

Two analog VCOs per voice
Continuously variable wave shape (sine, sawtooth, variable-width pulse) per oscillator
Hard sync: oscillator 1 syncs to oscillator 2
Square wave sub-octave generator (oscillator 1) per voice
Keyboard tracking on/off for each oscillator
Front-panel FM (frequency modulation)

MIXER

Oscillator 1 amount
Oscillator 1 sub-octave amount
Oscillator 2 amount
White noise amount

LOW-PASS FILTER

Four-pole, resonant, analog low-pass filter per voice, based on Prophet 5 Rev 4 design
Filter can be driven into self-oscillation with the Resonance control
Bi-polar filter envelope amount

ENVELOPES

Two 5-stage envelope generators (ADSR + delay) with variable routing (filter, amplifier, gate)
Velocity modulation of each envelope amount
Envelopes freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations

LOW FREQUENCY OSCILLATOR

Five wave shapes: triangle, sawtooth, reverse sawtooth, square, and random (sample and hold)
Clock sync (internal or external MIDI clock)
Freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations

DIGITAL EFFECTS

One dedicated reverb with damping, pre-delay, decay and tone
One multi-effect with stereo delay, BBD delay, tape delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, ring mod, vintage rotating speaker, distortion, high-pass filter
Dedicated Overdrive effect

VINTAGE KNOB

Recreates the characteristics of vintage synthesizers by introducing micro-fluctuations in oscillators, filter, and envelopes per voice.

AFTERTOUCH

Source: channel (mono) aftertouch with bi-polar amount
Aftertouch freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations

CLOCK

Master clock with tap tempo
BPM control and display
MIDI clock sync

ARPEGGIATOR

Up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
Syncs to MIDI clock
Re-latching arpeggiation

SEQUENCER

Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps with ties and rests

PERFORMANCE CONTROLS

Full-sized, semi-weighted, 3.5-octave premium Fatar keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
Spring-loaded pitch wheel with selectable range per program with independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range transpose controls
Low-split mode creates two independent performance zones with different octave ranges
Hold switch latches held notes on
Polyphonic glide (portamento)
Unison (monophonic) mode with configurable voice count, from one to all five voices, and key modes
Factory switch: when off, the front panel is live; what you see is what you hear

PATCH MEMORY

128 user and 128 factory

IN/OUT

1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI Out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
1 Sustain/footswitch input
1 Expression pedal input
Main stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
Headphone out (stereo 1/4″ phone jack)

POWER

IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; 14 watts maximum power consumption

PHYSICAL SPECS

Premium, 3.5-octave, semi-weighted Fatar keyboard
25″ L x 12.75″ W x 4.4″ H (63.5 cm x 32.4 cm x 11.2 cm)
Weight: 17 lbs (7.7 kg)
Attached Thumbnails
Sequential Take 5-take-5-top-scaled.jpg   Sequential Take 5-take-5-low-angle-scaled.jpg   Sequential Take 5-take-5-rear-panel-standard-scaled.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ 5 voices and 2 oscillators per, it will have to be really something to not be boring...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Basically, an affordable Prophet 5. very smart. Hope they make a tilt-up version.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Take 5 on Pro One
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Prophet 5 with way more features for what the P5 should have cost, $1k.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Both impressed and disappointed. Would have been nice if it had the 3rd wavetable oscillator like the Pro 3 or the combination of filters from Pro 3. Would have been willing to pay extra for that.

I guess I will wait and see for now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Son of Mopho!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The name makes sense now, I can't believe I didn't figure it out.

It's not the poly Pro 3 we wanted, but it's the poly Pro 3 we deserve.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks like they’ve made some decisions to keep the cost down. But even so it won’t be cheap.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree ➡️
Looks like they’ve made some decisions to keep the cost down. But even so it won’t be cheap.
€1299, according to the second site.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree ➡️
The shop has it at 1300€. Not cheap but not expensive either, especially for a Sequential synth.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I'm glad they've shipped a more accessible product — I think it'll make a lot of folks happy. Not gonna buy it myself, but.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Which filter, the SSI2140 or the CEM3320?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Showing 1,074€ for me, possibly without VAT.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
makes sense that its 5 voice, but are we sure? seems way cheaper than the Prophet~5 module with a lot more features. Obviously less wood, but if it has the same filters and similar oscillators, over a grand difference seems odd.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hydro ➡️
makes sense that its 5 voice, but are we sure? seems way cheaper than the Prophet~5 module with a lot more features. Obviously less wood, but if it has the same filters and similar oscillators, over a grand difference seems odd.
The Prophet 5 is grossly overpriced.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks nice and good price point. Only 1 LFO means my wallet is safe though. I'm sure it still sounds great.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

If the pricing is correct it is interesting to see this priced so far below the Pro3.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad ➡️
Looks nice and good price point. Only 1 LFO means my wallet is safe though. I'm sure it still sounds great.
There are two LFOs, one global and one per-voice.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life ➡️
There are two LFOs, one global and one per-voice.
Ah, thanks for the correction

Now I'm wondering if there is a desktop planned. That might get me interested.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hmm, so it seems to have a mod matrix like the Mophos, but does work on the Pro-3 where the oscillators can be used as sources and destinations?

It seems that with this one, the Prophet-6 and Rev-2 are becoming a bit redundant? Sure, this has only 3.5 octaves, but it may sound closer to the new Prophet 5 than the Prophet-6 does and it has two LFOs along with some mod matrix for a fraction of the price of the Prophet-6. The Prophet-6 is nice, but not as desirable for most people as the Prophet-5. So they will probably discontinue both the Prophet-6 and Rev-2. Maybe there will be a bigger version of the Take-5 with four or five octaves and 10 voices - a Take-10.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The price is good for you get I think, in the same region as the Korg Prologue 8. If it has a good mod matrix I think it beats the Korg in features and if it sounds close to the new Prophet-5, then we know that a lot of folks will like it. The Prologue does have the digital oscillator though, which the Take-5 does not.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
GAS for prophet 5 fading …
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unease ➡️
Hmm, so it seems to have a mod matrix like the Mophos, but does work on the Pro-3 where the oscillators can be used as sources and destinations?

It seems that with this one, the Prophet-6 and Rev-2 are becoming a bit redundant? Sure, this has only 3.5 octaves, but it may sound closer to the new Prophet 5 than the Prophet-6 does and it has two LFOs along with some mod matrix for a fraction of the price of the Prophet-6. The Prophet-6 is nice, but not as desirable for most people as the Prophet-5. So they will probably discontinue both the Prophet-6 and Rev-2. Maybe there will be a bigger version of the Take-5 with four or five octaves and 10 voices - a Take-10.
I disagree that the Prophet 6 is “less desirable”.
This new Take 5 still has fewer features than
the P6, and a smaller keyboard.

I will never part with my Prophet 6. I had an
opportunity to buy a P5, but passed. The P5
is mono out, no effects, no sequencer, no
high-pass filter. And I like the P6 sound more.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich ➡️
I disagree that the Prophet 6 is “less desirable”.
This new Take 5 still has fewer features than
the P6, and a smaller keyboard.

I will never part with my Prophet 6. I had an
opportunity to buy a P5, but passed. The P5
is mono out, no effects, no sequencer, no
high-pass filter. And I like the P6 sound more.
Yes, I see that the Prophet-5 lacks some of the features of the Prophet-6, but I think most people seem to prefer the Prophet-5 sound wise.

What features does the P6 have that the Take-5 lacks? The polymod section is probably covered by the mod matrix, even though there is no detailed information about it yet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Disappointed it's no OBX but at the same time, this looks really cool.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Its nice that Dave Smith has been able to sell polysynths for so long with almost no competition. And build the company strong.

They have sold massive amounts of P6 , OB6, rev2, P5 and P10 while Behringer have been developing the UB XA. This might be a move to be in position to take market shares from the UB XA. I guess they will have the same price.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unease ➡️

Didn’t they announce the last ever firmware update for Rev2 recently? Seems like things are going in that direction
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
It is very heavy for beeing so small: 7,7 kg
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The low-split feature is a great idea for such a short keyboard.
📝 Reply